Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr.Gagan

Bsnl Offers Unlimited Internet On Cdma 2000 1x In Urban Areas Also.

BSNL has decided to offer unlimited internet on CDMA 2000 1X with monthly fixed charges of Rs. 250/- in Urban area also. This offer was earlier applicable in rural area only.

All other terms and conditions shall remain the same.

News release from www.bsnl.co.in

Bye

Great New and Now At least Bye bye to Reliance CDMA Net surfing. If this is confirmed I am Gonna Go for my Laptop

Edited by hpnasik

logo.gif

BSNL offers Unlimited Internet on CDMA 2000 1X in Urban Areas also.

Posted on: 15-03-2007

logo_blue.gif

BSNL has decided to offer unlimited internet on CDMA 2000 1X with monthly fixed charges of Rs. 250/- in Urban area also. This offer was earlier applicable in rural area only.

Edited by hpnasik

What speeds are they promising? And if anybody is using it, please tell us how much you are actually getting... :Decepcionado:

logo.gif

BSNL offers Unlimited Internet on CDMA 2000 1X in Urban Areas also.

Posted on: 15-03-2007

logo_blue.gif

Hi,

Are they offering it with unlimited upload/download or is it with 1 GB download limit?

Can you post some more details abt this offer....

regards

rajiv

Will this be available with another handset or a data card...If on handset is roaming facility available on this handset..

Could anyone throw some light on these n if these plans are available in Coimbatore...

Will this be available with another handset or a data card...If on handset is roaming facility available on this handset..

Could anyone throw some light on these n if these plans are available in Coimbatore...

You can configure/program your own handset or data card and give the esn no,along with a fresh connection form and other documents, for a new connection.There is no roaming available on BSNL/Mtnl Cdma.Cant say about Bsnl but Garuda Internet services are good.The only drawback is their customer service which is not 24hours and you wont get much technical help if required.

As for Coimbatore, I think this unlimited package should be available all over India.

There is no details on the BSNL site about the service. Is it available only in big metros? Or is it nationwide? Do they sell handsets like Reliance? Is it the same as the "Tarang" service that has one pathetic page on the website?

Unlimited internet..does it mean unlimited usage and no download limits..

if its so..then it wud b so gud for heavy downloaders lik me..

Doesn't provides roaming, and does not have a large coverage either.

But is a catch at Rs. 250 wherever it will be available.

Amazing!!!

At the time when others offer unlimited at around 1000/mth, this is a shot on their posteriors.

However, I doubt BSNL's CDMA network is not vastly spreadout, which means that majority of customers will not benefit.

MTNL GARUDA in mumbai already providing this, but i heard their speed SCUKS big time.

Edited by Shaikhsadik

No matter what quality does bsnl's network provides, but i think this offer will surely force Tata & rel to reduce their rentals.

^^^

My dear friends in Mumbai MTNL Garuda already providing unlimited access to internet at Rs.299/- per month. I don't think that Reliance and Tata will ever respond to this offer of BSNL.

Regards.

I had used BSNL's CDMA phone (Tarang) for couple months, about one and a half years ago. It didn't even have SMS ...and they certainly did not have net access on CDMA at that time. But their network and coverage was WAYYYYY better than their GSM service. Also, their broadband, once you get it, is mostly trouble free and gives the promised speeds. So I wont be surprised if you get decent to optimal speeds even with their CDMA connection.

However, BSNL hasn't even been publicising its offering. Almost nobody I know has even heard of this offer ...and as Honest said, I dont think RIM or Tata will respond...

This offer seems to be available since quite some time now. It is not new. So RCL and Tata will not respond to it at all. As far as speeds are concerned, BSNL's BB is good enough currently although in a month 3 days you do not get service at all. But that apart, the speed surely rox. I do not know about RCL or TATA or Airtel - all in 2mbps and above. The lesser said about others, the better.So BSNL CDMA should be able to provide decent service and speeds AFAIK.

Not sure about BSNL ... I used MTNL's Garuda ... and trust me ... the disconnections and Speeds "SCUKED" way worse than even browsing thro GPRS ...

But somehow I've a feeling that Reliance might start offering Unltd GPRS + Comp based browsing on its GSM circles (based on rumors) no concrete info for CDMA though!

cheers

ashok

I am using the Reliance data card at present, with the unlimited internet option - Rs.1500 per month.

I will be going to the BSNL DGM office tomorrow to see the BSNL ICC (similar to reliance data card) performance.

I will test it and will post the experience tomorrow.

OK, I just came back from the DGM office and here is the update (hot update lol).

Special note : The DGM was very nice, hes a young gentleman and spent a lot of time for me, we together tested it.

It is a PCMCIA card, very similar to Reliance data card.

The practical / theoretical max speed will be 115 kbps and not 144 - atleast with the card we tested .

The speeds are good. Tested 3 times and was getting speeds like 89 / 95 / 100 and another thing I noticed is, download and upload speed are very close. Like when I tested using Reliance data card upload speed was always below download speed, like 80 and 48 like that. But for BSNL it was like 89 / 85 , 100 / 95 etc. again I couldn't test it for a long time, so it may vary.

The charge will be Rs.250 for unlimited internet access, but the Officer was not sure whether we have to select any voice plan with that, mostly we will have to, so total may become Rs.400 per month.

This is best suited for people like me (if it work perfect) as I am spending Rs.1500+tax per month for the same thing now (Reliance data card unlimited internet connection cost that much).

Installation is not very easy, but not that difficult too. Just installing two softwares (one for the card and another for configuring the telephone number etc) and configuring.

The card is issued only to the BSNL officials now and it is not avilable for the public now, but they will put press notes and it will be available for the public soon, mostly from next week itself I think.

There is confusion with the roaming (by roaming I meant travelling inside a telepone circle, not using it in different states). The number is a WLL number, that is like a local telephone number and not a mobile number. So not sure whether it can be used out of that area (out of that particular STD code area) .However BSNL mentioned that there will not be roaming facility - for the time being. Reliance data card is connected with a mobile number, so we can use it anywhere in the state and Reliance card support roaming too, so we can use it anywhere in India (just comparing the two, but not much info from BSNL yet on this).

BSNL to launch very affordable Internet service on CDMA network

It can be accessed using a PCMCI card on your laptops

The cost is suppose to be just Rs.250 for unlimited usage :Contento:

The best part is that BSNL will be launching EVDO

which has the potential of giving up to 2.4 Mbps speed :P

even if they are able to give us with speed with 75% efficiency of that it will be WOW

However it will be limited to the Home city only and may not support Roaming :GirandoOjos:

Here roaming mean outside the city limits. i.e. it will work only in the city which you have taken the connection from. :NOTriste:

Here are links for more details

BSNL official site with Rates

http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

Brief info from prospective customer

http://www.chip-india.com/townsquare/viewt...63c0bcca1ede512

Enjoy speculating and Waiting

i am in line to take this service whenever it is fully available for public

Edited by Karma_prisoner
<< Topic Merged >>

OK, some more details.

As per the commercial officer, I am the first customer to use this card in Kerala state ! This may not be true and I never meant to boast here. But it is not launched in most parts.

In my case I was very lucky as the DGM here (Aleppy, Kerala) is a very nice person, a younge gentleman who is ready to experiment on things and very helpful. I could test the card before buying, could meet him in his office and could test it together. And the commercial officer here is also very professional, eventhough it was new to all in the commercial office, they really helped me.

I got 2 cards, I took it in rental basis. One of the cards didn't work, so I went to commercial office again on saturday to change it, I got it replaced in no time.

Card Details

This is - Huawei data card - EC 321, I think tata has same (reliance just launched the same brnad). It is a PCMCIA card.

Initial Charges

Security dep - 1000

Activation - 250

Security deposit (voice - no STD) - 500

Advance rental for 3 months - 450

Service tax - 87.00

Total initial charge - 2287.00

Regarding speed again.

If you have a BSNL CDMA (not the mobile one) tower near your area, you may get upto 100 kbps. But if your place is far away, it may go down to 80 or 60.

Comparing other providers, BSNL rate is really good. For example, Reliance charge 1500+ tax for the same thing. And tata has no unlimited option ! They charge 1500+ tax with a data cap of 5 GB.

If you do not have any other option (I mean broadband etc) and if you have a BSNL CDMA tower near your place, this is a pretty good option as it cost only 550 per month for unlimited internet.

Regarding EVDO - as per the info form BSNL, they are in the process of installing it, not completed. The difference is, ICC will be available all over India (wherever CDMA coverage is there), but EVDO will be launched in selected cities / places only (may expand it later).

Regarding roaming, sorry, I couldn't test it yet.

Also it worked perfectly in laptop and in PC (I used a PCI to PCMCIA adpater).

Edited by Din