Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sklm

Phone Book Transfer @ RWorld

Hi Guys,

What is the meaning of Upload and download in R-world --> Tools --> SIM Transfer.

Yesterday I uploaded my phone book on Reliance's server. Now if I want to download the

phonebook on a clone phone then it asks for GSM number and password. Then what is the meaning of uploading phonebook to their server if the woner of the phonebook can't download his/her phonebook on his/her mobile?

If somebody erases phonebook then how to retrive the phonebook which was uploaded in Reliance's server?

download = bringing data 'down' to your local device from the network

upload = sending data 'up' to a server over a network

i think the point of the password is to prevent downloads to cloned phones ...

:)

I think it only works if you want to transfer data from a GSM mobile to a RIM CDMA one. You have to take your GSM phone to a Webworld (????) and ask them to read the GSM SIM card via a reader and upload it into your mobile.

I think it only works if you want to transfer data from a GSM mobile to a RIM CDMA one. You have to take your GSM phone to a Webworld (????) and ask them to read the GSM SIM card via a reader and upload it into your mobile.

True enuf... But then y wud they give the option for an UPLOAD on a RIM no.???

Hi Guyz,

(1) -> I have a LG RD2030 CDMA Reliance India Mobile (RIM) ...

(2) -> I PURCHASED a Samsung A563 ..

How do i transfer my LG RD 2030 phone book into my Samsung A563 CDMA Phone ?

I had gone into :

RWORLD -> MENU -> MORE SERVICES -> TOOLS -> SIM TRANSFER -> UPLOAD ...ETC..FROM MY lg rd 2030 PHONE

IT UPLOADS MY PHONE BOOK ...but when i try to download it in my Samsung A563 phone it gives this message

Your Username / Password is incorrect

please try again

is this facility only for GSM phones ???

please help

thnx

chandramauli @ Just CL!CK 2 eNTER Us ...

Well I did a similar upgrade and I sat in Web World till about 9p.m. manually entering each entry (about 200 odd) when I upgraded from the N191 to the A563.

Learnt my lesson. If you have a data cable - its the simplest - you can upload the old phone contents to a software and download it to the new phone. Of course I don't know if there's any software available that supports both LG & Samsung phones! You can try FutureDial SnapSync though!

We can easily upload our phone book to reliance back end through R-world:) .But couldn't download it :) .Anyone have checked it?? :quest: in R world>More Services>Tools>Sim transfer.

And Phonebook transfer from SIM card to CDMA phone is not available in all cities :angry:

If it work well,that will be a gr8 thing :angry: .No need do syncronizing phone book with PC. :D Only thing in free times just upload it and if we lost any number frm phone book download it :P

Edited by Celton

hey have u all noticed this ?? PhBk Transfer

is visible in R-World > more services > tools > PhBk Transfer

it was known as sim transfer initially, in which they will read your sim, upload it to server and then you can download to your phone. It was supported initially, when they did not had business and inturn problems.

Now they are so engrossed with problems that seldom finds time for other support to customers.

i think this time, its for RIM users to trasnfer their phone bk to other rim handsets....

Yeah there is different entries for SIM and RIM transfer but the funny part is that for RIM there is no download option only upload so what is the use of this phbook transfer

I think it is still under upgradation (as usual)

It will be nice if RIM option to backup phonebook to someother source in rworld.

Has anybody tried this out for RIM to RIM??

RWorld @ Relianceinfo.com

Phonebook Transfer

From SIM :

Seamless phonebook migration from GSM to RIM! This application helps you transfer a phonebook from any GSM SIM card to your RIM handset thus avoiding the hassles of manually re-entering your phonebook.

This service is available on LG 2030, LG 2130, Samsung XBS,LG 7130, LG 7230, Samsung Rainbow, Samsung RCP

From RIM :

Good news from R World for all of you wishing to change your RIM handset and dread the prospect of manually entering your phonebook data again. Now we have a facility to automatically upload your phone book from your current RIM handset and download it on to your new RIM handset. All you have to do is click on PhBkTrnsfer ->Upload and we’ll capture your entire phonebook. The moment you get your new handset get on to R World again and click on PhBkTrsnfer-> Download and have your phonebook get saved on to your new handset.

Upload service is available on LG 2030, Samsung XBS.

Download service is available on LG 7230, LG 5130, LG 6130

I was jus lucky to be in the upload and download category for the PhoneBook Transfer thing! It works super cool (it does gives errors, but keep trying!)

I couldn't imagine myself transfering 250 contacts with 625 numbers in all manually! This was jus so easy! Though since the 6130 doesn't have a label for FAX, the fax nos didn't get transfered... but in most cases, i had used the FAX label for storing the international format nos.!

It will be nice if RIM  option to backup phonebook to someother source in rworld.

26956[/snapback]

I have personally tried it out but No Help!

I don't think it actually works... I am using RD5130 :P

I have just transferred my no from Lg 2030 to Samsung N191 I had about 265 names in the LG phonebook with about 400+ entries which I uploaded to the Reliance backend using Transfer phonebook of R world now when I tried to download this on the samsung handset only 181 of the entries got downloaded and the phonebook became full I cannot even manually enter new no in the phonebook of Samsung.

Samsung is told to hold 300 entries but why is this happening I simply cannot understand To overcome the problem I had to delete some entries from my old LG handset ( the rest I had to backup using LG desktop software) and again upload the whole phonebook with atleast 300 entries and 150 names (How I uploaded from the LG again some people might have guessed but for others I cannot explain My mouth is shut on the issue)

I dont know if it works wid a 191. But i've recently did the transfer on a new 6130. And it worked perfect.

i did it with 5130 to 2030 once. now again i am trying to upload with 5130 it says" customer information unavailable please contact rworld section ar *333"

the cc ppl says 5130 is not compatible. then how did i upload it before with same handset and not able to do now

Upload and download both successful in N191. Now I have a nokia 3125. I have uploaded from N191 but download is not working. Custome care is telling I can do it after 27th sept 2005. Let me see it tomorrow.

they are telling this to me since three months .every day new date

42456[/snapback]

Thanks . Now onward i will not try to call them again.

I am using Rd7230, with the phone book transfer option in R world I have successfully uploaded the phone book, deleted the entries in my handset and

downloaded back to my handset.Its working fine and all the entries were

downloaded

Sivashankkar

I could successfully transfer the phone book from LG 2030 to Nokia 6235 using this utility. Worked perfect!

Phone book transfer doesnt work properlly for Nk 6255! i tried it but in vain :D