Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sadikk

New Classic 261!

Check out the product book!!

• Like 1

munna bhai how do you rate classic phones .

munna bhai how do you rate classic phones .

Didn't got ur query actually.

quality of these chinese classic mobiles .? i have seen many with poor battery life and in many sets chargers givinng trouble ..

Yep..i also doubt Classic handsets quality..

but one interesting feature i found in this Classic handset was the SMS ON CALL REJECT FEATURE..

i tink this feature is not available in other rim handsets..

many lg sets having sms on call reject feature

Well let me clear this first that classic is not any company or manufacturers of CDMA handset, its aa brand name given by reliance.

Reliance order bulk ULC (Ultra Low Cost) handsets developed by Chinese OEM, and give a brand name as CLASSIC.

If u remove battery u can see the original manufacturer of handset, its only imported by RCIL.

for example new classic 761 is made by some OEM called FINPO.

there are several handsets maker dealing with reliance, like ZTE, HUAWIE, FINPO and singularity to name a few.

I also heard reliance plans to make handsets in india with tie up with some haryana based CDMA OEM and service provider.

Check out the product book!!

Is any one give me idea about these classic handset quality. I am very impressed with the price and features offered by Classic 261. But having doubt about the quality of handset. Is there any person who is using the Classic had set from quite a long time.

You ain't likely to find that as these handsets have been very recently launched.

Two people I know are currently using them and I have heard them complaining that the handsets heat up quite significantly and fast. Besides this, no other apparent problems till date ...but then then they are v non-techie ...and I wont be surprised if they haven't noticed any bugs even if present.

I guess only time will tell. Howerver, if what Sadik Shaikh says is true, and they are made by different manufacturers, then Its going to be very difficult to comment broadly about their quality... Neverthless, the price with respect to features of these handsets seem good!

The Classic handset made by ZTE that I have been using was dogged qith a few problems.

The first and foremost was the signal strength. Calls would drop randomly. Moving an inch in some areas will result in a loss of signal completely. There is no concept of weak signal. Its either in full strength or not at all. Even if the signal is full, the calls can drop at any given moment.

Battery backup os very very poor to say the least. Once one bar drops, the others follow suite very rapidly. So while you may be happy that you still have three bars left for the battery but they wont even last you 10 mins of talktime. Mind you, this is teh condition in the B & W set with no extra features to boast of. So I doubt if the latest ones with more features on board will be able to sustain it with such a measely battery backup. And yes, I checked the handsets and they have the same battery that my cell has...or had, as I threw away that one recently. Good riddance. :(

And finally the HUGELY annoying problem of the handset heating up. And by heating up, I mean its equivalent to the X Box 360 kind of heating up, where you can literally cook something on it. Many times my ears have been heated to the point of becoming ear tandoor of some kind. Ear Babecue anyone?

Thats my opinion about Classic handsets made by ZTE. Others are free to differ.

I have used Classic 401 by TCL for some time. Seems to be lacking in features but reliable as far as basic operations like signal strength and heat generation goes.

What is the expected price for the new 261 model.

Edited by commonman

it has been launched whole india . delhi surely must be having . but some cities having stock problem

where I can buy .. i already visited green park and pancheel park ..?? but they haven't know this set is there?

mobile becoming hot is an unbearable issue .however apart from classic handseats heating up as mentioned here, i have personally observed that even lg 2670 becomes terribly hot even for a 10 min usage/ charging...

i am planning to buy this mobile. can any body tell me how is the battery life and signal. how is the FM, will it support with speaker

Edited by hippkreddy

i am also planning to buy this mobile.

Could anybody knows the following main things about mobile

1. battery life . ?

2. signal. ?

3. how is the FM ?

Hi,

Cud anyone tell How is the quality of classic 261?

Put ur comments here.

hi this is so so phone..

Adv

RUIM available

FM works gud

gud polyphonic sound

Dis Adv

Battery only works for a single day

Very slow in working

Ringtones volumes are very low

I have a classic 261. It is very slow. Sometimes, all the schedules erase automatically. :NOTriste: