Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rakashj

What Is Dormant Mode Active ?

While browing the internet using bluetooth, I watched this message in my mobile.

Pls somebody help

no data is being exchanged, I noted down from the posts reg call diverting while online

When you will be connected to internet and no data is being exchanged then your phone will display "Dormant Mode Active ". Even in this mode you will be charged for internet connection, but you can get incoming call in call waiting.

no data is being exchanged, I noted down from the posts reg call diverting while online

Yes. Its a feature in CDMA phones. When ther is no data transfer, phone automatically goes into Dormancy so that u can get in coming calls in that period. But sometimes it become annoying, to prevent the phone from dormancy mode u can use "PING" command.

PING -t any site URL

e.g., Ping -t www.yahoo.com

I'll prefer to use following command:

Ping -t 202.138.96.2

I think in volume based plans, there should not be any charge for dormant period. however, if ping is active then there is data exchange and charges would attract

On dialing #777 from internet dialer on my PC, my phone(nokia 6275) goes into dormant mode, but doesnt verify my username-password saying either username or password is not registered to the domain.

Any clue?

On dialing #777 from internet dialer on my PC, my phone(nokia 6275) goes into dormant mode, but doesnt verify my username-password saying either username or password is not registered to the domain.

Any clue?

I think you need to register your phone for modem usage with the customer care. Called them and did that. Works fine now :clap: