Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kingking3

All About Classic 202

I am having this handset Classic 202 (Rs 777/-) & after using this for 15 days i have come to these conclusions:-

1. If you see the price tag (Rs 777/-) its a steal......

2. Battery Backup -- For average to moderate users 1 full day..... U have to charge it daily........

3. Signal strength ---- pretty good enough........ I have a hutch phone as well (Motorola V3i).... i have found sometimes my Rs 777/- mobile has signal whereas my

Rs 9000/- mobile doesnot have one.. On the whole..... Not an issue......

4. Features........... When u are getting it for as cheap as this u should not worry about features.......

Three Main features:-

1. Can make or receive phone calls

2. Can make or receive sms s

3 It rings when any calls come and the sound is pretty good........

5. Since it is having a RUIM card... migration to another Reliance Phone is easy and you will be able to retain the old number as well.......

FINAL VERDICT:- USE IT FOR 1 YEAR AND WHEN YOU CHANGE IT AFTER 1 YEAR YOU WONT FEEL THE PINCH..............

My personal opinion regarding mobiles is that either you should have the low-end mobile (which can be used for only making calls & sms) or the high end one (having all the features -- camera 2.0 MP minimum, bluetooth, MP3, radio, extendable memory.......)

This phone perfectly fits into the first category. and trust me you wont feel cheated after u will buy it...........

FULL PAISA VASOOL....................

:Decepcionado::angry::GirandoOjos::Equivocado::rofl_200::NOTriste::Contento::Confuso:<_<:confuse::Riendo::P

I dont agree with u fully, but it always depends on person to person. ( please search and keep their ASC address handy, as this handsets software corrupts really quick)

Thanks for the review, kingshuk... yes, I do hear complaints about Classic handsets, hope it will be good for you !

I dont agree either. Even though the this may be a basic phone with the ability only to make calls and recieve SMSes ...there are dozens/hundreds of sub-functions within these basic functions which need to be in place ...else its v likely not to suit the needs of many customers ...and cause much frustration. Cant agree that this can be waived off just because the handsets are cheap! Besides this, I guess only time will tell how reliable these handsets are...

Also, what yout have mentioned is more a comparision between Hutch and Reliance rather than the Classic and your Motto V3i.

not to forget the sim locking problem or the set going in emergency mode .

sadik bhai is right keep the asc address ready . u never know /

Does Classic handsets like 202, 203 or 204 etc have phone lock facility, whereby we can dial out only the pre-stored emergency numbers? If yes, how many emergency numbers can be stored and dialled out? How to lock the phone?

I believe the emergency numbers accepts only a ten digit number whereby we cannot enter a local LL number which is of 11 digits including the preceding '0'. How to sort this out? We can only enter local mobile numbers without the preceding '0'.

Thanks.

Thanks for the review, kingshuk... yes, I do hear complaints about Classic handsets, hope it will be good for you !

Yup i do agree that u will find a lot of phones in the price range (Rs 1750-Rs 2500) with the Basic Features...... but in Rs 777/- what u r getting is absolutely fantastic... if i remember correctly a few years Motorola's C131 bundled with Reliance came into the Market (with 10 Prepaid Cash Cards... if my memory serves me right....)... This phone is a blend of That phone (Motorola C131) & The phone given out by Tata Indicom (that one also manufactured by ZTE)... Forgotten the Model Number.....

I have used that Motorola Phone for 1 and a half years without any trouble what so ever........

Hats off to reliance who keeps on introducing such Handsets (1 year to 1 & a half Years handset longivity)... it also makes sense as after 1 - 1 & Half year... whichever handset u r using.. u seem to get a new one...... u seem to be bored by the old one......

THUMBS UP Reliance..............

Policy:- Use it for 1 Year and Throw...... After all everything these days are 'Use & Throw'

:Equivocado::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko::winko: :

Yup i do agree that u will find a lot of phones in the price range (Rs 1750-Rs 2500) with the Basic Features...... but in Rs 777/- what u r getting is absolutely fantastic... if i remember correctly a few years Motorola's C131 bundled with Reliance came into the Market (with 10 Prepaid Cash Cards... if my memory serves me right....)... This phone is a blend of That phone (Motorola C131) & The phone given out by Tata Indicom (that one also manufactured by ZTE)... Forgotten the Model Number.....

I have used that Motorola Phone for 1 and a half years without any trouble what so ever........

Hats off to reliance who keeps on introducing such Handsets (1 year to 1 & a half Years handset longivity)... it also makes sense as after 1 - 1 & Half year... whichever handset u r using.. u seem to get a new one...... u seem to be bored by the old one......

THUMBS UP Reliance..............

Policy:- Use it for 1 Year and Throw...... After all everything these days are 'Use & Throw'

@kingshuk,

can you please provide a reply to my post #6's query regarding phone lock and emergency numbers?

Thanks

@kingshuk,

can you please provide a reply to my post #6's query regarding phone lock and emergency numbers?

Thanks

Hi khs123,

u can dial a 11 Digit Local Number preceeding by a 0. And as far as Phone Locking is concerned, there is only 1 way to lock you Phone.....

Go To Settings --->> Auto Key Guard --->> There you will get these options....1. Off 2. 30 Seconds 3. 2 Minutes 4. 5 minutes..... I guess this is the only option to lock this phone..... and when it is locked you have to press 123 to unlock this phone...

Is there any other way......

Classic Handset Owners.....Please share your Inputs..........

:):grin::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse:

^^^

Thanks a lot, kingshuk for your reply.

But then the universal lock code "123" is a real dampener. There is just no sense in offering the lock code in that case.

As regards the 11 digit emergency number, when I tried it at the RCL outlet, I saw that the Classic Handset were accepting only 10 digit emergency numbers. How many such emergency numbers can be stored? I went upto 3 or 4 emergency and still it was accepting further numbers.

Anyway all Classic handsets from the lowest end to the highest end (if they really have any, that is) have the same universal lock code 123. This was informed to me by the CC/HL (its a wonder that the CC/HL were actually having this info, for a moment I thought I was with some other CC/HL and not RCL's). Maybe things are improving lets wait and watch.

Thanks.