Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

A Classic Bonanza - One Million Celebrations!

RCL/MR/2006/45

May 11, 2007

A Classic Bonanza - One Million Celebrations!!

Reliance sets a new record, One million handsets sold in just one week.

Reliance takes the market by storm - sells One million Classic handsets in just a week.

In an announcement that can make the leading handset makers and operators in the world to sit up and take notice of the great Indian telecom story, Reliance Communications today announced that they have sold a record 1 Million Classic handsets in India in a span of just 1 week.

Reliance Communications had just last week on 2nd May made a landmark pricing announcement for its feature rich Classic monochrome handsets at just Rs 777. This was the first time, anywhere in the world a handset had been introduced at such an attractive price point without any bundling or fine print.

Speaking on the occasion Mr S.P Shukla - President, Personal Business- Reliance Communications said "When we launched this offer, we were confident that potential customers would be excited by the value offering of our feature-rich Classic handsets. Today, by crossing one million handset mark in just a week, we have set a new record in the industry. We wish to thank our customers, our retailers , distributors, and all our stakeholders for helping us to achieve this phenomenal success"

So one million new customers have been added in just one week.

yeah seen the news now....its amazing fastest million...amazing man!...so now much more subscribers this month flooded

i bet that the number of complaints they receive in a week from unsatisfied subscribers must be in billions !

but unfortunately such figures are never revealed in press confrences. :cheer:

Maybe in the next somewhere we could read a news titled ......

'Reliance courtacy - 'A Billion Sorrows !!' :thumb::good:

i bet that the number of complaints they receive in a week from unsatisfied subscribers must be in billions !

but unfortunately such figures are never revealed in press confrences. :winko:

Maybe in the next somewhere we could read a news titled ......

'Reliance courtacy - 'A Billion Sorrows !!' :winko::winko:

I think its a lil bit too harsh.. I agree, earlier there were lots of problems wit reliance.. But now, its improving at a descent pace :Equivocado:

Edited by vmsanghrajka

^^^

@vmsanghrajka

I agree with you my dear friend but now Reliance have to give its best otherwise not only those who had just taken connections of Reliance but also we all will find ourselves in trouble due to lack of services.

I think Reliance must provide good Customer Care service to all its subscribers now, especially in Prepaid.

Regards.

A million new connections ....that sounds like a lot ....but these kind of connections are likely to be very volatile ...since the handsets are very cheap, people may just discard them after sometime ....or after the free mins are over. And I'm sure many have taken these connections as a 2nd handset ...so the number of subscribers would definitely not have gone up to the same extent as the number of new connections...

i think new connections must have gone very high . as with prepaid 220 gsk . it cost 997 n in that u get new phone , with 1 yr incomng and 1000 talktime on reliance .

so many must have bought as an extra phone for driver , servants , office people ; secondary for family members etc

Reliance has launched CLASSIC colour hand set for only Rs 1275.the cheapst so far in india.this news has been published in an oriya daily.

Wow, that sounds really cheap. Is this phone any good quality? Who are they using to make this phone? :Riendo:

Indeed, Reliance got several complaints regarding Classic that seem to be a settled case now. However, before this best buy, the customers were pre-informed about the issues with the phone. :Riendo: