Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
DEVJADAV

Cdma/gsm Dual Mobile

First Published: 19:53 IST(15/4/2007)

Last Updated: 19:56 IST(15/4/2007)

Spice to offer rent-a-phoneMobile phone prices, dropping steeply, are set to fall lower still. Some models will soon cost just Rs 1000 - handset, with fully activated SIM card inside. They will even be available on rent, the Rs 1000 being refunded when the mobile is returned.

Spice Mobile is in the process of finalising a deal with Indian Railways, following which these Rs 1000 phones will be sold on railway platforms.

Spice's 'people's handset' will be available from next month, bunched with pre-activated SIM cards from different operators. Kunal Ahooja CEO, Spice Ltd, told the Hindustan Times, "The handsets will be loaded with many features and will have an aesthetic design. Initially we will procure them from our equipment manufacturers in China. But by the year end we intend to manufacture them at our plant at Badhi in Himachal Pradesh."

Commenting on the availability of handsets on railways platforms, Ahooja said his company already provides a railway enquiry system through its business process-outsourcing firm, Cellebrum, and can load railways-related content on handsets sold on the kiosks to be set up on platforms.

"The rent-a-phone concept is not new, worldwide it is available. But with such low-cost phones, we can provide the flexibility of buying or renting a phone at one railway station and redeeming the deposit at another; you pay just for the airtime."

Spice Mobile phones will also launch dual mode handsets by July which would allow users to have one connection each from two operators using two different technologies. For example, most mobile users find interconnection with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd difficult, making it impossible to remain connected in many areas in the country. So, they depend on public booths -- or keep another handset with different connection.

". It is huge market. Those who have GSM connections (BSNL/Airtel/Hutch/Idea) can also have CDMA SIM (Tata or Reliance) on the same phone and need not carry two phones. We are likely to price the handset at about Rs 10,000," said Ahooja

And if you are an aficionado of movie on mobile, next year the company will launch mobile phone with a DVD disk that would have a three-hour battery life. The product has been designed and developed by a California-based company and has licenced Spice to manufacture and distribute not only in India but also worldwide.

Spice has joined hands with Reliance retail to hawk its handsets. Reliance would also be the one-stop shop for the after-sales service.

CAN ANYBODY THROW LIGHTS ON THESE IN DETAILS ? IS IT GONNA POSSBILE ? THANKS IN ADVANCE

DEVJADAV

i need ythe dual phone i have seen it on zee news..wanna more details

dual mode handsets are available in china and in India one motorola handset by tata.

Youlong PDA which is dual mode cost about 30K in china. Motorola handset in china is costing about 15K.

Does anyone import these?? Or can be pointer to those who import.. I am very much interested in buying dual-mode phones ;)

I can get these dual network stuffs, but i thought there will be no takers.

@kshah

which handset does tata endorse is dual can u elaborate?

Dual mode handsets are useful if CDMA part is RUIM enabled and somehow still most CDMA handsets are non RUIM. Also tweaked cdma handset will not provide MMS and WAP services as they are bind to specific ESN.

@ksh@t

tata offers Motorola A 840 check with their web site. (But I dont know if it supprts both networks at the same time. Like youolong PDA)

^^^

TATA website search does not yield any results for moto A 840. Any idea where it is? or links?

Thanks.

Dual mode handsets are useful if CDMA part is RUIM enabled and somehow still most CDMA handsets are non RUIM. Also tweaked cdma handset will not provide MMS and WAP services as they are bind to specific ESN.

@ksh@t

tata offers Motorola A 840 check with their web site. (But I dont know if it supprts both networks at the same time. Like youolong PDA)

Yes i have the product in which RUIM + SIM is supported.

DO u think it will give me good sale.

We have the following options

GSM+GSM

CDMA+GSM

CDMA+CDMA

All are 262K color with 1.3 megapixel camera, MINISD memory.

all are SLIDER except GSM + GSM which is BAR phone.

Attaching the product spec kindly check.

Edited by Shaikhsadik

there will b many members who will b interested in this. Also if it gives data connectivity with computer then I think for members who prefer GSM for voice can use for CDMA data too.

Thanks, can u plz elobrate wht kinda dual handsets u can get as in which brand?? cost?? n blah blah :)

Is any DUAL CDMA + GSM available till date in India.

I will like to use RIM + Airtel

Yeah, I don't think thats the way these phones (Motorola A840) work. Typically these phones allow you to use the CDMA service nationally and the GSM service when you roam international. So essentially Tata would give you a GSM SIM card that you can use with the phone while roaming outside India.

The main advantages for this phone is that it will allow you to seamlessly switch between CDMA & GSM while roaming globally and it does not require you to store/sync phone nos/messages etc between two different (CDMA & GSM) handsets.

Edited by anujit

If somebody is interested in Spice D-88 dual phone..

Contact me.... Price 9500 (without bill)

Delivery only in Mumbai.. :(

HI ALL. IF U NEED SPICE DUAL SIM PHONE THEN U CAN GET IT FOR RS. 9100 ONLY AS MANY AS U WANT AND IT'S WITH BILL AND ONE YEAR WARRANTY. CONTACT ME 09999219033. I M FROM DELHI.

HI ALL. IF U NEED SPICE DUAL SIM PHONE THEN U CAN GET IT FOR RS. 9100 ONLY AS MANY AS U WANT AND IT'S WITH BILL AND ONE YEAR WARRANTY. CONTACT ME 09999219033. I M FROM DELHI.

All The same is available here @8800.

Any one wanna buy spice dual sim d88 set....1 month old...Almost brand new...at a good cost. call me up at 09314435402

is any dual phone pda +windows which directly work with Reliance?

browsing capabilites is a must.

Spice D88 is available for Rs. 7299. :Sorprendido: for Mumbai residents.

According to an ad printed in "Mumbai Mirror" on Jan 2, 2008 (pg 39) (it is a local mumbai newspaper).

they are offering a Brand new Spice D88 for Rs 7299.

This offer is from indiatimes.com

Although the link mentioned in this ad (www.knockoutoffers.com) does not varifies about such offer, on the site the price mentioned is Rs 9699.

(it is also mentioned in the ad that this offer is only valid for a day, although if u need any more information u can call at 9867748888, 9910118888{as written in the ad})

Can I use Spice D88 for RIM (CDMA) + Airtel or Vodafone (GSM) , is there any other handset option in which I can use that combination.

Spice D88 is available for Rs. 7299. :Sorprendido: for Mumbai residents.

According to an ad printed in "Mumbai Mirror" on Jan 2, 2008 (pg 39) (it is a local mumbai newspaper).

they are offering a Brand new Spice D88 for Rs 7299.

This offer is from indiatimes.com

Although the link mentioned in this ad (www.knockoutoffers.com) does not varifies about such offer, on the site the price mentioned is Rs 9699.

(it is also mentioned in the ad that this offer is only valid for a day, although if u need any more information u can call at 9867748888, 9910118888{as written in the ad})

Can I use Spice D88 for RIM (CDMA) + Airtel or Vodafone (GSM) , is there any other handset option in which I can use that combination.

Yes u can use any combination of CDMA/GSM on this handset provided u have both the connection on RUIM/SIM cards.

HI all. I have been using the spice from october and using reliance and celone in it. Im quite happy with its performance overall, although two issues are bothering me....if any users can guide me....i get a lotta Blank SMS in the hand set especially on the GSm network. the frequency os usch sms is beyond normal and secondly the call wait feature is not consistent as sometime the existing caLL gets droped when put on hold.

Also does anyone has any news of a new dual handset being launched by spice or anyone else??

hey guys any updates abt the price of spice d-88???????????????

in jaipur 6995+vat