Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manubatham2006

Block Unwanted Calls

Hi guies, It is very annoying thing. I got calls from unwanted persons and still i am not able to ban them. I contact cc but they give a rude answer :NOTriste: If any gie have any suggestion. Please post.

Some phones have a black list or ignore list ...are you sure yours dosent? If it dosent, you could set a blank ring tone for that person in the address book.

You also have the option to file a police complaint for harassment, etc. It may help to keep the log of calls recieved to show the police.

I am not aware of what role the operator can play i this...

Hi guies, It is very annoying thing. I got calls from unwanted persons and still i am not able to ban them. I contact cc but they give a rude answer :NOTriste: If any gie have any suggestion. Please post.

For blocking incoming calls from a particular number, browse the menu to

Menu->Settings->Security Settings**->Call Restrictions->Restrict Incoming Calls->Add Restriction->Enter Number & then name

** You may have to enter security code, which is generally 1234 or 12345.

This will work only for Nokia CDMA handsets.

For blocking incoming calls from a particular number, browse the menu to

Menu->Settings->Security Settings**->Call Restrictions->Restrict Incoming Calls->Add Restriction->Enter Number & then name

** You may have to enter security code, which is generally 1234 or 12345.

This will work only for Nokia CDMA handsets.

Hey dude that always works.....

But when we try to block more than 1 no, then none of the calls land up on my cell....

What i have done is i have separate list to allow calls as well as to block calls....

I there any ways i can do so..?????

Any ways where i can block n number of calls and simultaneously aloow n number of calls....?????

yeah indeed this works u can always block incoming and outgoing numbers too iits the best feature that i like......

@aks,

that is not what jatin is asking. See if you can provide some solution to jatin and me as I have a similar problem.

In any case, Nokia seems to have some other algorithm in the call barring -i/c and o/g unlike LG which is very very user friendly. In Nokia the logic is something only a techie can understand, it is not at all user friendly.

Thanks

Edited by khs123

I do agree with khs123.....

See @ aks the issue is very clear.....

One cannot block and allow the call simultaneously....

And moreover sometime when i experiment, i block my mom's no and then call to my cell.....

Strangely, i get call from blocked no.....

Can any genius as described by khs can help we both dudes..?????

There is a workaround

As far as CAll Blocking (Reciving ) is concern

this can be done

But you have to sacrifice a group from your phone list

Now days most phones have a concept of Grouping

Add All the Numbers you want to a particular group say Block calls

now Asign a blakn ringtone to this group

so now any one of these numbers call you the phone wont ring

sorry for the ignorance, how to get a blank ringtone?

sorry for the ignorance, how to get a blank ringtone?

Make it yourself.

Here's how: go to a very silent place, and record a sound clip of few seconds duration. Then set it as ringtone for the "blocked" group.

Edited by amtrag

^^^

Thanks amtrag.

There is a workaround

As far as CAll Blocking (Reciving ) is concern

this can be done

But you have to sacrifice a group from your phone list

Now days most phones have a concept of Grouping

Add All the Numbers you want to a particular group say Block calls

now Asign a blakn ringtone to this group

so now any one of these numbers call you the phone wont ring

This is the way were u can abscond from the unwanted calls......

But in this way, the caller will be sure that u r purposely not receiving the call....

What our requirement is that the caller or groupn of callers should not be able to connect to us under any circumstances....

Can this be achieved..?????

I agree, this is a VERY important point. Though I have a call filter in my Nokia GSM, the only thing it does is that I keeps my phone from ringing whenever the phone number listed in the blacklist calls. The backlight comes on and the name is displayed and the call is logged like a normal call. So this is just like setting a blank right-tone for that caller! This is like a half hearted solution. Its high time we had a more concrete solution to this problem ...from phone manufacturers and/or service providers. :grin:

AFAIK, the call blocking feature is available only on Sony Ericsson GSM handsets. The feature works this way - you block some numbers in a list maybe (you can select from yr phone book or from a group list) and set the block to on. Now when someone calls your number, they will get only an engaged blip. Your phone will however record it in the missed calls or received calls list depending on whether you rejected the call or not. Maybe other brands also have this feature, but I am aware only about SE.

This feature will not be given by RCL at any cost as they may lose i/c revenue from the calling network. If any handset mfr offers this feature, RCL will definitely block this feature. So do not hope for this on RCL, instead go GSM and opt for SE.

Very well said! :angry:

As I think I mentioned earlier my Nokia 1112 has a "number screening" facility. But from what you describe, the implementation sure seems inferior to Sony Ericsson's, as the only thing it does is to keep the ringer from ringing when a number in the screened list calls. :(

^^^

Thanks buddy.

And before I forget it, all SE phones have this facility, from the basic to the ultra high end.

From the discussion so for what I've inferred that there are 2 possibilities.

1)Give the caller ringing tone.

2)Give the caller engaged tone.

In both cases receiver's phone will log the call and will not activate the ring tone.

In case 1, Caller will know that receiver is purposefully not picking up the call

In case 2, Caller will assume receiver is engaged but after certain trials he might know receiver is not picking up purposefully

Case 2 looks better than case 1.

I would like to know which manufacturers have implemented case 1 and which case 2.

Case 2 is far better, in my opinion. The caller can never be certain in that case, what the status of the number is. Its possible he may thing that the number has been de-activated ...and may eventually give up trying to call.

Also, with operators like RIM, who dont report the status of the phone correctly (ie. if its engaged, switched off, out of coverage area, etc) the caller will be kept in a state of ambiguity regarding the status of the number.

As for the reporting, even BSNL, which I had used for few months about couple years ago, did not report the status of its phones correctly (dont know if that has changed now). Idea and Airtel report it correct ...Idea is the most accurate.

Yes my dear friends giving the engaged tone to a certain caller from whom we want to block calls is much better option than anything else.

As described by khs123 above that all Sony Ericsson handsets have the above feature to block calls, I think other GSM handset manufacturers must also provide better features to block calls in their handsets. As now a days it became a necessity to block calls form certain numbers.

I know a number of people who changed their mobile numbers due to lack of this feature in handsets. If this feature is available in all handsets than nobody neads to change their mobile numbers and one can block incoming calls from certain numbers instead.

Regards.

guys, i have a classic 203 handset, can u refer any hope to block some number.....reliance give the blocking service for the telemarketing callers........hope anyone can give me light

Hi Guys !

well coming with new information for Call Blocking with the help of some Penny's ! :P

Reliance is giving Selective Call Blocking Facility for that You have to do that only SMS u r unwanted calls to special no.s !

Process >>>

SUBSCB>>SEND IT TO 51234 ( FOR SUBSCRIBING SCB )

ADDSCB 982123XXX >>>> SEND IT TO 51234 ( FOR ADDING NO. IN YOUR SCB LIST )

UNSUBSCB>>>>SEND IT TO 51234 ( FOR UNSUBSCRIBING SCB )

YOU CAN ADD 20 NO.S FOR CALL BLOCKING !

THEY WILL CHARGE YOU 5RS FOR 5 DAYS ( FOR SCB SERVICE )

EACH SMS WILL COST YOU 3RS

Regards

Shyam