Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KumaarShah

Read Sms And Earn Money To Pay Your Bills

Pay mobile bills by reading SMS!

Press Trust of India - Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:30:39 AM

Chennai: SMS advertisements, which used to irritate cellphone users, could soon turn out to be money- spinners with a Bangalore-based firm claiming to pay those who willingly receive the messages.

mGinger.com, started by three engineers, works on the principle of "permission-based marketing".

"People can make anywhere between Rs 300 to Rs 1,600 per month through this," Chaitanya Nallan, its CEO, told PTI.

"When users get paid by us, whether it is Rs 300 or Rs 500, it can atleast cover their mobile phone bills," he added.

Chaitanya, an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur, who graduated from the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad last month, said the idea originated from Veerendra Shivhare, the Chief Operations Officer of the firm.

The third member of the team is the chief technical officer of the firm, Anil, an alumnus of IIT-Kanpur.

"People generally get SMS carpet-bombed. Advertisers get mobile phone numbers illegally and bombard them with unwanted ads without permission. Veerendra was so fed up with such messages. We hit upon this idea of targeted advertising with users' permission, for which they get paid," Chaitanya said.

He said people could log on to mGinger.com and register themselves along with their mobile phone numbers and the ads they want to receive. They can choose any number of ads and these will be sent at the time they want, he said.

"For each ad received, the mobile phone user gets paid 20 paise. They can refer their friends and relatives for which they get 10 paise per referral and 5 paise for every ad their friends referrals receive," he added.

Another of those endless gimmicks, will it work properly? What if you read for a month and do not get the money?

Admins, Please move this post to general chat. Unable to move it myself or even delete the post altogether. Earlier the delete button used to be available, where has it gone now?

Edited by Arun

Maybe they pay, but I'm sick of being spammed with those signup links from everywhere :wacko:

Admins, Please move this post to general chat. Unable to move it myself or even delete the post altogether. Earlier the delete button used to be available, where has it gone now?

Topic moved to General Chat. Delete button won't be available for the first topic post.

Even i signed up with mGinger. But i have not received a single ad even once!

same here spdf!.. me too

nonsense, suppose i want to earn 500 bucks per month. At 20p per ad, I'd need to read around 2500 SMSes monthly! OR 83-84 MESSAGES DAILY! :wacko:OR 4-5 MESSAGES PER HOUR!!!

No wayz!

wel li already did that but no one gave me money .... buhuuuuu....

I too got spammed by it and registered in the end. However, I believe they are in the process of building up their database and it will take them quite some time before advertisers start advertising there. I do not know how feasible their business model is but it surely is an innovative way to reach the consumer. Moreover, you can also decide the number of messages you want to receive per day and the time window when you want to receive them. These IITians surely have something up their sleeves :D

Here is my referral link if anyone wants to join in .. and as ani_meher said, this is much much better than receiving those 1232 messages.

http://www.mginger.com/index.jsp?inviteId=213147

actually, i wouldn't mind paying them to stop irritating 1232 and 8888 messages.