#1 kesav

kesav

RIM Veteran

• RIM Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • Handset: - Select Handset -

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

Reliance has decided to scrap roaming charges in response to BSNL Freedom Roam Plan

Reliance Comm scraps roaming charges
New Delhi, June 1 (PTI): Private telecom operator Reliance Communications today did away with national roaming charges, even as public sector giants BSNL and MTNL slashed their respective roaming tariffs to as low as Re 1 a minute.

RCOM had slashed roaming tariffs by as much as 70 per cent only late last month. The rates had then fallen to Re one from Rs 1.75 per minute for all incoming calls for post-paid customers and 40 paise a minute for pre-paid customers.

The company, which had earlier reduced roaming rates in February this year, is expected to make an announcement later today.

source:: http://www.hinduonne...00706011450.htm

Edited by kesav, 01 June 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#2 Arun

Arun

Thinking Bigger, Thinking Better !

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts
  • Full Name: Arun Kumar D
  • City: Trivandrum
  • Network:Reliance CDMA
  • Handset: - Select Handset -
  • Handset - II: - Select Handset -
  • Other Handset:Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

Reliance Communications scraps roaming charges
2007-06-01 13:41:41 - Moneycontrol.com

Reliance Communications has announced new plans to make roaming cost-free on selected plans and up to certain limited hours. SP Shukla, President (Personal business), Reliance Communications, said the reduction in rates would result in increased talk time.

Reliance Communication's 990 plan will give 15 hours of free roaming for incoming calls whereas its 390 plan will provide 3.5 hours of free roaming for incoming calls.

Reliance Communication's India Roam free plans have been designed with specific insights on the roaming requirement of telecom subscribers in the country”, said Mr. S.P Shukla – President, Personal Business- Reliance Communications. “ Heavy roamers will find 900 minutes per month or 30 minutes per day sufficient for their needs and at the same time a moderate roamer would be needing no more than 200 minutes per month. With these plans, we at Reliance Communications, are happy to have taken the lead yet again in offering the best value proposition to our customers”, he added.

The new India Roam Free plan 390 offers 200 free minutes of incoming calls while roaming. Outgoing calls including while roaming are charged at 40p per minute to local Reliance and all other calls at Re 1. Similarly, on the India Roam Free plan 990 a subscriber gets a whopping 1300 minutes of Free Roaming talktime, distributed over 900 minutes of incoming calls while roaming and 400 minutes of free local calling. A nominal charge of 50p for local calls and Re 1 for STD calls would be applicable for customers choosing this tariff plan.

While today’s announcement would significantly benefit the Post-paid subscribers, last week Reliance had announced a 70% cut in the roaming tariffs on both Pre-paid and Post-paid plans taking roaming rates to as low as 40p per minute. The Pre-paid ‘roaming friendly’ options are available on recharge vouchers of Rs. 770 recharge and Rs 520 respectively. Reliance Communications was India’s first telecom operator to have announced India One plans which marked the “death-of-distance” by enabling its subscribers to call anywhere in the country at local call rates.

The new plans are available on Post-paid mobile are available to Reliance Communications customers with immediate effect.

Excerpts from CNBC-TV18's exclusive interview with SP Shukla...

We have introduced two plans. The first one, for the customers who have heavy usage. They can just subscribe to our 990 plan and they will get a whopping 900 minutes. That means 15 hours of incoming talk-time free while they are roaming. These days nobody possibly needs more than 15 hours of free incoming while roaming.

For smaller users, we have introduced 390 plan, so that they will get 200 minutes or three and a half hours of talking while traveling in a month. Three and a half hours of incoming talk while someone is traveling four or five days outside his/her home state is sufficient to meet the requirement of any customers.

And put on top of it, the tariffs are Re 0.40, Re 0.50 and Re 1 for making outgoing calls; I believe that our customers have got a fantastic deal.

In this plan, actually we have made incoming roaming calls free altogether for our customers up to a certain number of minutes on which the ceiling has been put very generously, so that no customer will feel the pinch. You canít possibly talk more than 15 hours in a month while roaming.

Read the full interview here.

Please use the [ Posted Image Report ] button (beneath every post) to report an issue with the post/topic to a moderator

#3 tanveer

tanveer

RIM Veteran

• RIM Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts
  • Full Name: Tanveer
  • City: New Delhi / Delhi
  • Network:- Not Selected-
  • Handset: HTC Hero
  • Handset - II: Not Listed
  • Other Handset:Moto Defy

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

what are the roaming charges for Dapo?
Posted Image
There is no patch for ignorance...

#4 romeo

romeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Full Name: asher
  • City: Raipur
  • Handset: Samsung SCH 191

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:04 PM

what are the roaming charges for Dapo?

well before 15th feb 2007, these were the charges::
Upto 400 alloted mins:-
Incoming-Nil
Outgoing-RIM(anywhere in the country)-Nil
-Other mobile-Local-Rs .80
- Outside circle-Rs. 1.50
-Landline-Local-Rs.60
-STD..as per the circle.
After 400 mins:-
Incoming-Rs 1.90
Outgoing Rim Local -Rs 0.40
Outside Circle - Rs 1.90
-Other Mobile - Local -Rs 1.20
- Outside circle- Rs. 1.90
-Landline-Local-Rs. 1.00
-STD..as per the circle (from Rs 2 to 4)
All this at a monthly charge of Rs 50

After 15th feb 2007::
Incoming-Rs1.75
Outgoing-Local Rs.1.40
-STD Rs 2.40

#5 KumaarShah

KumaarShah

RIM Veteran

• RIM Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts
  • Full Name: Kumar H Shah
  • City: Chennai (formerly Madras)
  • Handset: Motorola Photon 4G
  • Handset - II: GSM Handset

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:23 PM

^^^

Currently for DAPO, if you activate the Home Roam pack with *333, you will get home rates on o/g and on i/c, you will get the rates as existing prior to 15.2.7. If you have not activated Home Roam pack as yet, do so immediately, who knows the RCL jokers may suddenly withdraw the offer altogether. This activation must be requested and is not automatic. One more info - this home roam pack is available for NJ 399/499, RIO 299/399, Delight 399/499 and DAPO plans only. For the remaining old plans the STD R2R rates are already higher than the post 15.2.7 roaming rates and hence no benefit is available by opting for home roam pack, so it is not available for subscription. And yes the option of Home roam pack is not chargeable monthly also. That means for these seven plans, roaming charges has gone back to pre 15.2.7 levels by opting for home roam pack. Just imagine, all the above info was doled out to me by *333. they are becoming better now.

As for the new roaming plans of Rs 390 and Rs 990, IMHO, it is useful for people who have very high roaming i/c usage. Plan 390 has no free local usage but has Rs 200 free usage which can be used against i/c roaming call charges only. Plan 990 has Rs 400 available for free local usage and also Rs 900 for i/c roaming call usage only. All said and done, it may be useful for certain people, these plans are not for the masses. The upfront rental charges are very heavy IMHO and will dissuade most people from moving onto these plans.

Thanks

#6 supernova

supernova

RIM Veteran

• Reputed Sellers Group
  • 2,486 posts
  • Full Name: Supernova
  • City: - Not Selected-
  • Handset: Blackberry 9650
  • Handset - II: Other CDMA Handset
  • Other Handset:Apple iphone4

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

new postpaid india roam free plan 390 .

rent : 390
Free 200 min roaming incoming .

Within same circle reliance 40 p/min
Rest Re 1 /min all india

roaming og re 1 / min all india
roaming inc after 200 min re 1 /min
feel free to pm for anything related to reliance

#7 chintan1

chintan1

RIM Addict

• RIM Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Full Name: Chintan
  • City: Mumbai
  • Handset: Samsung Nexus S 4G
  • Handset - II: LG RD 6230

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:31 AM

@kumaar shah.
what is this Home Roam Pack.......i currently owend a dapo plan.when i call to *333 & asked bout dis Home roam pack.....even dey where also not aware of this ......& told me tht roamin pack of 99 rs is also now removed so wht is dis Home Roam pack ??

Edited by chintan1, 06 June 2007 - 12:40 AM.

Nexus S ...curved Babe ... :)

Cheers ,
Chints
If any member's post helped you, say thanks by clicking + button.

What is stated by cores of volumes, I shall present by half a stanza-
'doing good to others is for merit and causing pain to others is for sin.'

#8 Himanshu Singh

Himanshu Singh

RIM Veteran

• RIM Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Full Name: himanshu kumar singh
  • City: New Delhi / Delhi
  • Network:Airtel
  • Handset: Not a Reliance user
  • Other Handset:BB 9300

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

guys!!! reliance, in the name of 'scrapping roaming charges' has come up with new roaming plans which have rentals of 390 and 900 respectively..

now the question really is are they of any use to masses?

we are assuming that a customer will activate this plan only when he travels out of his home city.

consider the 390 plan the main features of which are:
no free outgoing talktime..
200 mins of free incoming...

now suppsosing a customer is away from his home town for 7 days and activates this plan for the same number of days his rental for this plan comes to 91(390 divided 30 and then multiplied by 7)..

again calculated at pro rata basis he gets 46 mins of incoming free( 200 divided by 30, if the month has 30 days and then multiplied by 7).

so it means that one is charged 91 rs for 46 mins of incoming calls...that makes it 1.98/m for incoming calls..(91 divided by 46)

now lets assume the customer has to receive 10 mins of calls everyday and he makes no outgoing calls..his total incoming in 7 days would be 70 mins(7 multiplied by 10)..so he would be charged @1 rupee for the mins beyond the free 46 mins..so he wud be charged for 24 mins(70-46)..thats another 24 rupees..
so his total expenses for a 7 days roaming becomes..(70 incoming calls and no outgoing calls)
rental=91
incoming mins beyond free usage=24
outgoing mins=0
total=115

now what customers generally prefer..
generally any customer while roaming should avoid receiving calls if one can use reliance india cards which can be used while roaming for making both local as well as std calls at 1.25/min.

i would suggest the following for roaming for masses and i invite comments from fellow users..

before going on roaming activate the least expensive plan available in your circle..
buy a reliance india card(more if you have more usage)
dont receive calls..call back important ones through reliance india card..
cost implication..on an average the least expensive plan would cost 150 or so..the rental for 7 days would be 21.43..cost of one reliance india card would be 225(52.5 rs for a week as the card has 30 days validity) which you can use at home circle as well...so any which way you would be saving a lot of money...first by choosing the least expensive plan and then by using RIC..

total expenses
rental=21.43
incoming=0
outgoing=87.5(70 multiplied by 1.25)
total=108
now the difference seems a paltry 7 rs but the thing to be noted here is that we have assumed that the customer makes no outgoing calls in the roaming plans..

Edited by sachinrocks, 06 June 2007 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

#9 KumaarShah

KumaarShah

RIM Veteran

• RIM Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:49 PM

^^^

Good going, himanshu.

Maybe all at RIMweb are aware of the true potential of Rel. India calling Cards which can be used while roaming also. Indeed this is the most economic way to go roaming, if you do not mind that you have to reject each and every incoming call and then call back to that number. Sometimes it is difficult to do this. And Sometimes it is not advisable also. Some important callers may read the rejection as something else and when you call them back, they may reject your call. Or worse they may think you are avoiding them and hence retaliate for your calls.

So its upto the user to weigh the pros and cons before deciding the route they want.

For my info, the activation and de-activation and re-activation of plans when you go roaming is cumbersome and may or may not be done by the world class error free billing system of RCL. Unless you have loads of time, patience, energy and money to do all this, it is not advisable. Moreover plan changes also means that you have to pay advance rentals which already are a nightmare with RCL. Who will keep track of all these changes?

Think before you leap.

#10 commonman

commonman

RIM Veteran

• RIM Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Full Name: Common Man
  • City: Kolkata (Calcutta)
  • Network:- Not Selected-
  • Handset: Other CDMA Handset
  • Handset - II: Not Listed
  • Other Handset:Samsung B559

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

^^^

Currently for DAPO, if you activate the Home Roam pack with *333, you will get home rates on o/g and on i/c, you will get the rates as existing prior to 15.2.7. If you have not activated Home Roam pack as yet, do so immediately, who knows the RCL jokers may suddenly withdraw the offer altogether. This activation must be requested and is not automatic. One more info - this home roam pack is available for NJ 399/499, RIO 299/399, Delight 399/499 and DAPO plans only. For the remaining old plans the STD R2R rates are already higher than the post 15.2.7 roaming rates and hence no benefit is available by opting for home roam pack, so it is not available for subscription. And yes the option of Home roam pack is not chargeable monthly also. That means for these seven plans, roaming charges has gone back to pre 15.2.7 levels by opting for home roam pack. Just imagine, all the above info was doled out to me by *333. they are becoming better now.

As for the new roaming plans of Rs 390 and Rs 990, IMHO, it is useful for people who have very high roaming i/c usage. Plan 390 has no free local usage but has Rs 200 free usage which can be used against i/c roaming call charges only. Plan 990 has Rs 400 available for free local usage and also Rs 900 for i/c roaming call usage only. All said and done, it may be useful for certain people, these plans are not for the masses. The upfront rental charges are very heavy IMHO and will dissuade most people from moving onto these plans.

Thanks

how do you activate this home roaming pack?

#11 KumaarShah

KumaarShah

RIM Veteran

• RIM Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

^^^ and chintan1 and all others who want to know how to activate HRP,

I have mentioned in my post #5, that you have to call up *333 and ask for activation of this Home Roam Pack (HRP). This info should be available with them by now. In Chennai, it was available as soon as it was launched and my Home Roam pack got activated immediately. You will receive a confirmatory SMS that your HRP is activated. I did not get the SMS on both my mobiles, but I got a email reply to the effect that my HRP was activated from so-and-so date.

BENEFITS of HRP: -

1. your i/c call charges become R2R STD rate as per your plan.
2. all your o/g calls while roaming will be as per your home tariff plan.
3. for DAPO, it means you can receive i/c calls free while roaming if you have not exhausted your 400 minutes. and all o/g R2Rmobile calls while roaming also will be free within the first 400 minutes. So now a DAPO customer has got "more bang for the buck". ENJOY

Try once again with *333 and you will get your HRP activated. All the best. Do post here your results.

Thanks

Edited by KumaarShah, 12 June 2007 - 01:34 PM.

#12 Souvik Chaudhuri

Souvik Chaudhuri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Full Name: Souvik Chaudhuri
  • City: Kolkata (Calcutta)
  • Handset: Nokia 6275

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:31 PM

Reliance Communications launched India Roam Free plans on 1st June 2007. The details of the plan is attached herewith.

Attached Files

Warm regards,

Souvik Chaudhuri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users