Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
@ksh@T

Netbooster For Increasing Bandwidth Speed

Rcom unveils NETBOOSTER

guys today received sms that to increase netconnect speed download net booster.

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Co...netbooster.html

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Communications/Netconnect/r_images/RCZip/vsetup_reliance_finalversion.zip

^^ And believe me its pathetic, just crap. I hv used it and also faced a few problems, So uninstalled it very soon. :Equivocado:

^^^

Ya my dear friends Net Booster is not of any use.

Regards.

Hello,

Today i got an SMS about NetBooster software from Reliance. Tested my bandwidth speed in www.speakeasy.net/speedtest after/before using netbooster.

Before my speed was.,

128 DL kbps

128 UL kbps

Now

135 DL kbps

458 UL kbps

It changes like..

145 DL kbps

506 UL kbps

DL - Download

UL - Upload

You can set bandwidth boosting level too.

worth to try.

Sofware download link:

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Co...netbooster.html

Reply with your experience guys.

Here is the official documentation...

Reliance Netconnect Netbooster Wireless Data Optimization Software is brought to you in Technical collaboration with Venturi Wireless

-----------------------------------------------------

Netbooster gives you fast and reliable Wireless Internet access wherever and whenever you travel.  By installing Netbooster client, you’ll gain faster online access and a more robust, consistent experience while browsing the Web, downloading files, sending/receiving emails, or streaming video/audio.

Netbooster delivers these unique user features:

WIRELESS DATA OPTIMIZATION: Netbooster more than doubles your data transmission speeds through protocol optimization and advanced compression technologies.

Netbooster optimizes the following data applications and protocol types:

- Web and secure Web (HTTP, HTTPS)

- E-Mail (SMTP, POP3 IMAP4)

- All images (GIF, JPEG, PNG, etc.)

- Office documents (MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, PDF)

- Web Applications (JavaScript, CGI)

- FTP

- Multimedia (RTSP over TCP or UDP)

ENHANCED COVERAGE: Netbooster maintains the speed and reliability of your Wireless Internet session, even in areas of poor network coverage.

SESSION MAINTENANCE: When your network connection is unexpectedly interrupted, Netbooster prevents your data from being lost. This means you can enjoy a continuous wireless Internet session without losing valuable

time or information.

INTELLIGENT CONNECTION SENSING: Transparently senses the latency and available bandwidth of your wireless connection, and then intelligently selects the best optimization setting for maximum performance.

POP-UP BLOCKING: Prevents pop-up advertisements from interfering with your wireless Internet session.

INSTANT IMAGE RELOAD: Offers quick access to a compressed image's original quality.  Reload an image by selecting Ctrl on your keyboard while clicking the refresh icon in your browser.

AUTOMATIC CLIENT UPGRADES: Provides immediate online access to Netbooster's newest product updates.

------------------------------------------------------

SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS

Hardware/OS

- Windows XP SP1 or higher, Windows 2000 all Service Packs

- Minimum requirement: Pentium III or higher

NOTE: Venturi Wireless recommends upgrading to the full service pack and not using evaluation copies of these systems.

Browsers

- IE 6 and higher

- Netscape 7 and higher

- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 and higher

For more information, visit:

http://www.venturiwireless.com/tech_suppor...er_support.html

OR, submit questions and comments directly to:

http://www.Netboosterwireless.com/tech_sup...mment_form.html

Copyright 2007 - Venturi Wireless, Inc.

^^^

Regards.

Trust me on this when I say that NetBooster will help you view webpages quickly :NOTriste: . I wrote a blog post about this a few days back. The url is:

Wireless Internet - Reliance Netconnect Data Card

In short, Netbooster optimizes the images that you download when you view webpages on the internet. It does this by reducing the quality of the images and so the overall size of the webpage reduces allowing you to view a webpage quickly.

I personally couldn't live without this baby :NOTriste: . However, NetBooster does create a problem when uploading files to the Internet particularly through FTP. In this case, I usually turn it off.

^^^

Regards.

Trust me on this when I say that NetBooster will help you view webpages quickly :) . I wrote a blog post about this a few days back. The url is:

Wireless Internet - Reliance Netconnect Data Card

In short, Netbooster optimizes the images that you download when you view webpages on the internet. It does this by reducing the quality of the images and so the overall size of the webpage reduces allowing you to view a webpage quickly.

I personally couldn't live without this baby :grin: . However, NetBooster does create a problem when uploading files to the Internet particularly through FTP. In this case, I usually turn it off.

I am using netbooster since last one and half month. And man it is a good software to increase net browsing speeds but also FTP downloads, streaming medias. At home i get very low signal, so without netbooster I cannot even surf properly. This has been great advantage for me. what problems u did get let me know so I can just be alert !!!

Its just through proxy server and it scales down images and keep text in cache for a while, can not increase speed while downloading.

Its just through proxy server and it scales down images and keep text in cache for a while, can not increase speed while downloading.

We have had Netbooster deployed on my PC and the laptops we have given to pretty much everyone in my company with Reliance Netconnect service - about 6 of us. In addition, we have 15 other employees who have been using it with their cell phones in phone-as-modem modem. We have all had a very good experience with it. In fact, we are making sure that all our laptops and PC have the software installed goinf forward.

I had heard about the provider of this solution before, a company called Venturi Wireless, while I was in the US a couple of years ago. One of the really large CDMA providers there, Verizon Wireless, were also offering their software. That was for a 3G network, and I was sure that the solution did more than compression.

I did some reserach on their website http://www.venturiwireless.com, and there is a lot of interesting information. They are doing a lot more than scaling down images through compression as mentioned by you. It looks like they have solved the transport layer problem that we see on wireless links.

Personally, I have been using netbooster for a few months and I cannot live without it. I have had situations where I could not even open a webpage using Netconnect, and the only way to open the webpage was by using Netbooster.

Now I have just found out that Tata Indicom is offering a similar solution called Speed+. One of my employees who has a Tata data card had informed me, as he was feeling left out without a Netbooster type software. I'm going to find out more about that and post.

this piece of software is awesome, it's must have for all net connect users, i must say.

i'm using it since last 1 month and it's working fine.

i feel like browsing b'band connection...

only thing is that it reduces the quality of the images you see. but it depends what you want, speed or image quality.

true net booster infact feels like we driving a ferari though we may on ambassador

Exactly, do not use this WORST software as RELIANCE wants to be smart with its subscribers. They want us to use this software to reduce thier bandwidth traffic at the cost of quality. The software is nothing but a Internet Protocol Control Addon, which reduces the quality and size of the images in your webpages. Technically it does not affects the download speed at any circumstances. This technique is already used at GPRS Servers. For example while visiting my own web-pages an image of 54kb on my own websitge, came in my browser with just 19kb, but I saw the image was blurred and worst quality. When I uninstalled the software and restarted pc and tried same web-page and again image came as 54kb. Its so simple like that.

I am also complaining about increase in the time consumed for web-page download. The pages never come within first 3/5 seconds. Your results may vary. I tested with my reliance Prepaid connection. If you are getting better results, then something wrong with my settings and enjoy it. But post your results about quality of images.

SIMPLE ADVICE: REMOVE THE SOFTWARE AND USE AS OUR NORMAL TCP/IP PROTOCOL IS.

CM

Edited by cmahendra

Yaar ye netbooster milta kahaan hain. I am not able to download it. The given link says SERVER timed out even i am not able to run relianceinfo.com website.

dear all

i have found some thing done for my registry found for winXP increasing net spedd

can any one tell me how this is working with you

i am already using this

i can not say the speed now

please save this file by extension *.reg (* indicates any file name , i gave speed)

and import it to registry

_________________________________________________________________________-

REGEDIT4s

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]

"SackOpts"=dword:00000001

"TcpWindowSize"=dword:0005ae4c

"Tcp1323Opts"=dword:00000003

"DefaultTTL"=dword:00000040

"EnablePMTUBHDetect"=dword:00000000

"EnablePMTUDiscovery"=dword:00000001

"GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize"=dword:0005ae4c

Hi guys,

i m newbie here, i just want to know when i tried downloading netbooster software from above mentioned link , it is saying that file not found,

I searched on Reliance Netconnect website, but not found it :(

Can any body post the active link

Thanks

^^^

@santosh nazare

My dear friend, here is the new link for Netbooster. Although it is not of much use, but you can try the same.

NETBOOSTER

Regards.

^^^

@santosh nazare

My dear friend, here is the new link for Netbooster. Although it is not of much use, but you can try the same.

NETBOOSTER

Regards.

Thanks a lot Honest,

I want to share with all of u guys , I was just trying a cracked version of Netconnect software, I think it really increased the browsing speed as well as downloading speed.

^^^

The setup file is their in post number 18 of this thread my dear Sourabh.

Regards.

• Like 1

^^^

@santosh nazare

NETBOOSTER

Regards.

Thanks a lot Honest,

I want to share with all of u guys , I was just trying a cracked version of Netconnect software, I think it really increased the browsing speed as well as downloading speed.

well dear is there any cracked version really available and if yes can u plz pm me a link for that...!!!!

^^^

Not possible my dear Vikas Ji.

Regards.

Yaar ye netbooster milta kahaan hain. I am not able to download it. The given link says SERVER timed out even i am not able to run relianceinfo.com website.

You can find Netbooster from here : http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_netconnect.html#tariffP > Downloads - its really works

^ashaji, digging 3 year old thread...