Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mbhakuni

Zte Mc315 Cdma 1x Wireless Internet Card On Hp Laptops

Hi All,

I am a new member to this community. Few days back i bought a ZTE MC315 CDMA 1X Wireless Internet Card from Web World and i tried installing it on my laptop but i am facing some problems. I own a HP dv5200tx laptop with Centrino Duo processor and XP Home as OS. I have repeatedly installed the card in my PCMCIA slot(COM4 in my case) and i can make and receive calls with it but when i try to connect internet i get a message " The connection is closed". Despite my best efforts i am unable to solve this problem, i have shown the same to guys at Web world and they too were not able to solve this problem.

I fear that my COM4 setting do not allow sufficent current(850mA required by the card) to the PCMCIA port. I have faced the same when i used 2.4GHz wireless USB audio transmitter( which required 140mA).The USB audio transmitter worked pretty well on Dell& Lenovo laptops but not on mine.

Reliance guy showed that my card was working on Lenovo laptops but it was my laptop settings which is causing the problem.

I would be thankful if any once can solve my problem..

Thanks in advance.

Manish Bhakuni

Hi All,

I am a new member to this community. Few days back i bought a ZTE MC315 CDMA 1X Wireless Internet Card from Web World and i tried installing it on my laptop but i am facing some problems. I own a HP dv5200tx laptop with Centrino Duo processor and XP Home as OS. I have repeatedly installed the card in my PCMCIA slot(COM4 in my case) and i can make and receive calls with it but when i try to connect internet i get a message " The connection is closed". Despite my best efforts i am unable to solve this problem, i have shown the same to guys at Web world and they too were not able to solve this problem.

I fear that my COM4 setting do not allow sufficent current(850mA required by the card) to the PCMCIA port. I have faced the same when i used 2.4GHz wireless USB audio transmitter( which required 140mA).The USB audio transmitter worked pretty well on Dell& Lenovo laptops but not on mine.

Reliance guy showed that my card was working on Lenovo laptops but it was my laptop settings which is causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Manish Bhakuni

hi Manish

did you try to create a manual dial up connection and get connected.

Hi Manish

Buddy 5 days back, I brought ZTE NC315 CDMA 1X Wireless internet card. My laptop has the same configurations as yours & even the problems we share are the same! Did you find out remedy?? If yes, pl let me know.

Thanks n take care

Dr Amit Singh

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Manish Bhakuni

I am also having the same problem and have been struggling with this for more than a month now.

I have a SONY VAIO VGN-SZ480 laptop with Windows Vista. I thought it was a Vista issue, so downloaded the latest drivers for Vista from Reliance as well as followed the exact installation instructions from the document on the ZTE website. I even turned off the Windows as well as the Norton firewalls but nothing has worked. Even contacted ZTE which seems to have a MC315 Vista driver on their wesbite but it is a .rar file that is too big to download via the MTNL connection and always times out.

Don't know if it is a power issue like you guys have because the light on the card does show as green, but I have run out of possible reasons why it is not connecting. Normally, the first message one should get on clicking Connect is "Opening ports" but I never get this and it straightaway says "The connection is closed".

The RConnect card which works fine on Windows XP laptop does not work at all with my Vista ready laptop and I would really appreciate if someone can provide some answers. Also please explain how to set up the manual network connection because it does not detect the CDMA_1X as a dial-up modem to do that type of connection.

Thanks.

R. Sadekar

Hi Manish

After struggling for 1 week i found the solution to our problem!!!!!. First u must set your 10 digit mobile no. in setting tab of R Connect, use same no. as ur pass word. Then try to connect else just reformat your laptop using recovery DVD or simply by repetedly pressing F11 during start up (make sure u first copy n save ur valuable data).

Hope this helps u. (I'm writing this while connected to R COnnect ZTE CDMA data card)

Yours

Dr Amit

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Manish Bhakuni

Hi guys,

I was facing the same problem ..connection is closed, when i was trying to connect to the reliance net connect using ZTE.

I solved this problem by just enabeling my telephonic services.

Also you can create a dial up connection if you don't want to connect throght reliance software after enabeling the telephonic services. I hope this will work..

Ajay Kumar