Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karma_prisoner

Reliance To Launch 2.4 Mbps Internet On Evdo Network

There are possibilities of a Reliance launching high speed internet using EVDO network which will give a speed of up to 2.4 Mbps

the word is that reliance is testing this newly installed network

and they would be launching the service very soon in few parts of the country, possibily by the the month of July 07 (but one never know - reliance can never be predicted)

We could get speed of 2.4 Mbps and i think they would launch data cards for laptops and also USB modem with EVDO support (to compete with BSNL which too is all set to launch their wireless internet service soon)

This will really help increase the speed of wireless internet in India, which is horrible currently

Extracts from latest news

.........Equally aggressive, but tight-lipped, about its foray into wireless is the Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Communications. According to industry sources, it will unveil its wireless plans in July. “The company will deploy CDMA EVDO network in Bangalore and Pune in first week of July and subsequently cover India starting from the South........

Hope this comes to be true

As i will be standing in this line too (besides the BSNL one)

waiting to get the high speed wireless internet

Edited by Karma_prisoner

^^^

Hope that this service must be available throughout the country soon my dear friends.

Regards.

They have been testing EVDO since a long time. They even had QUalComm experts Flown into INDIA to train them for EVDO Last year. They would have loved to ROLL OUT EARLIER..

I guess its all beauracratic , RED-TAPE Hassels in obtaining licenses, permissions, Spectrum.... God knows What else.

Yey! 2.4Mbps speeds but only 100MB download limit!

I don't think that they will be able to do that - they will not have a monopoly any longer

as BSNL is planning to come with unlimited plan for Rs.250

both with 144 Kbps and EVDO's 2.4 Mbps

and they will also provide the PCMCI modem on rental

that is a kill!

check these links out

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...amp;#entry88208

http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

http://www.chip-india.com/townsquare/viewt...63c0bcca1ede512

Edited by Karma_prisoner

I will be happiest person on earth to get EV-DO.

IBM T60-EV got inbuilt EVDO, no data/usb card required.

i believe our ppc is EVDO enabled as well

i believe our ppc is EVDO enabled as well

Add Moto V3M to the list

what abt nokia 6265, the icons menu has something abt 3G, whats that?

Moto V3m

PPC6700

PPC6600

LG Chocolate

LG 9800

have EVDO

and

PPC6800 have EVDO Rev 0 and Rev 1 Supports

Launching 3G in Inband Spectrum also Require 3G Licence EVDO can be Upgraded in 800 to 866 Mhz or 1866 to 1970 Mhz

1900 is researve by Defence and 800 is highly Congested ()

F*ck this GOvernemt People.

they were suppose to launch iptv in 2004-2005 and now it is 2007 but still there is no sign of iptv service from reliance so we can only dream of EVDO i am sure bsnl will lanuch it first

Edited by cracker

they were suppose to launch iptv in 2004-2005 and now it is 2007 but still there is no sign of iptv service from reliance so we can only dream of EVDO i am sure bsnl will lanuch it first

yes my friend bsnl is showing on their website also check out this link

http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

That's Okay bro. But i am stayking just 3 km away from RCOM headquarters in DAKC, and these guys say that they don't have broadnet infrastructure in my area.

That too, after getting after them for a month.

There are possibilities of a Reliance launching high speed internet using EVDO network which will give a speed of up to 2.4 Mbps

the word is that reliance is testing this newly installed network

and they would be launching the service very soon in few parts of the country, possibily by the the month of July 07 (but one never know - reliance can never be predicted)

We could get speed of 2.4 Mbps and i think they would launch data cards for laptops and also USB modem with EVDO support (to compete with BSNL which too is all set to launch their wireless internet service soon)

This will really help increase the speed of wireless internet in India, which is horrible currently

Extracts from latest news

.........Equally aggressive, but tight-lipped, about its foray into wireless is the Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Communications. According to industry sources, it will unveil its wireless plans in July. “The company will deploy CDMA EVDO network in Bangalore and Pune in first week of July and subsequently cover India starting from the South........

Hope this comes to be true

As i will be standing in this line too (besides the BSNL one)

waiting to get the high speed wireless internet

IPTV was launched by MTNL in Mumbai..

whats the use it wont be available in mumbai! :help:

Its gonna be still some time before EVDO reaches mumbai....

I wonder if Nasik is on thier of cities for phase 1 ?