Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jovial_mann

Nokia 6275 Worst Experienced Handset Now Gets Support From Bl -5c

Hi. I took this handset 2 months back in 12k. Since then I have been experiencing problems. When I started using I found lot of Call Drops, then Reception was not good, Phone used to take 4 - 5 Hrs. to get completely charged and then 2 Hrs. of Talktime or 1 day was battery life. Then I sent the set to Nokia Customer Care.They were not ready to give a stanby set till the repair goes on.I tried convincing everyone & then Reliance Manager here came for my help & gave me a standby set. They kept it for 15 Days & returned it back to me. The repaired set had same problems. Then I complained to Nokia Gurgaon & they agreed to change my Set after a long long discussion.

The new Set which they were giving me did not even started at the Nokia Care itself. Then I spoke to Nokia head again 7 he said Sorry Sir we will get New set as soon as possible & deliver to you at your home.

After a week new handset was delivered to my House. I was happy that finally I will be peaceful. But the same problem persists. My handphone takes 4 - 5 hrs. for charging & then it drains off giving me around 2 Hours of talktime in a Day. Once this phone Log was not getting opened & I had to restart it. Then once this phone got automatically switched off while talking though I it was completely charged. This is my New Phones Connection & now I am tired to go through the prevoius process.

I would request you to just think before purchasing this Handset.

All The Best.

Edited by jovial_mann

Anyone else in the same boat??

I am seriously considering purchasing this phone because LG set **** big time in matter of talk time (personal exp.)

Can we assume this as a one-off case ??

Charging takes time because the charger provided gives just 350 mA charging current.

One can definitely buy compatible fast chargers which give up to 1A charging current.

I am not sure of the other problems.

I have both Nokia 6275 and LG RD 6250. No complaints.

Edited by rshivk

Charging takes time because the charger provided gives just 350 mA charging current.

One can definitely buy compatible fast chargers which give up to 1A charging current.

I am not sure of the other problems.

I have both Nokia 6275 and LG RD 6250. No complaints.

Yes even i face this prob, and now charging with my friends N73 charger and its perfect, get fully charged in 50 minutes.

Yes charging takes longer due to lower current (350 mA) compared to older model chargers which give 800mA. Hence, charging takes appx twice the time. But it is always good for battery to charge it slowly...it does help the battery last more number of years.

Same is the case with my 2865...but battery talktime and standby times are very good...whenever I use it lightly, it lasts for >3 days.

I dont agree with the complaints of Handset and network....Call drops can be due to network as well...

Tell me which Provider gives you perfect network? To be frank enough, I am from Mumbai, when it rains heavy for 6-7 hours, all the networks are jammed, and reliance as usual works normal...anyways this discussion is about the Handset.

Remember 6275 is a CDMA handset, most of us start comparing these handsets with similar handsets in GSM segments....This wont make any sense. Battery life in CDMA sets is definetly less compared to GSM as network stability uses more power in CDMA.

Lets stop comparing these handsets with GSM phones....yes you can certainly compare the kind of service and networks provided, though they are different techinically....in lehmans term....

I would certainly depend on reliance more then any other network when I am in India....

For my 6265, I use an ACP 11 charger (with the supplied conversion cable) which charges my battery in about 80 to 90 minutes. And it lasts slightly longer than with the default slow charger. These days, mobiles do not last for more than 2 years and the talk of slow chargers giving more battery life may not hold ice. Anyway who has the time to wait for 4 to 5 hours? Or maybe you can keep it on charge for the whole night? That way also the battery life will get wasted. So why not use the fast chargers?

CDMA battery life is definitely poorer than the GSM battery life and hence one should not compare about this. And yes the network of RCL is far better than other operators' networks.

I dont agree with the complaints of Handset and network....Call drops can be due to network as well...

Tell me which Provider gives you perfect network? To be frank enough, I am from Mumbai, when it rains heavy for 6-7 hours, all the networks are jammed, and reliance as usual works normal...anyways this discussion is about the Handset.

Remember 6275 is a CDMA handset, most of us start comparing these handsets with similar handsets in GSM segments....This wont make any sense. Battery life in CDMA sets is definetly less compared to GSM as network stability uses more power in CDMA.

Lets stop comparing these handsets with GSM phones....yes you can certainly compare the kind of service and networks provided, though they are different techinically....in lehmans term....

I would certainly depend on reliance more then any other network when I am in India....

I think u took it on hyper side. U would have known by urself if u had faced the music. I just have 1 question 2 u. Why will a phone take 4 - 5 Hrs. to get charged ? Is this we expect from Nokia that too in a Phone which costs Rs.12000.

Nokia is taking things for granted and making India a dumping yard. Should we accept everything it offers.

My dear friend money is very hard earned. So whoever spends it wants that he is satisfied by spending it.

Why will we compromise by taking another charger or by charging our phones at night when we are paying for it ? Let us then not buy these expensive sets & stick to cheaper set. Atleast we will not repent.

^^^

and actually, nokia mumbai service is the most pathetic service i have ever seen. first, no respect of time or consumer. i have seen a guy with a costly mobile (don't remember now) literally begging the service counter lady that if u can't service the mobile, let me speak to the manager, or atleast give me in writing that. she just kept turning her head away from him, and giving him occasional looks. and that guy too went chup chaap outside, muttering kya karen n swearing under his breath. i wonder why he didn't just break a glass, throw some chairs around and stuff!

so people buying nokias, please be informed, that for service, you are putting yourselves in hand of the most pathetic and unprofessional staff. that's why i avoid recommending high end nokias, coz no matter how good they are, once they need service, you are royally screwed.

Atleast my experience about LG & MOTO is much better than the joke that is called nokia service.

For my 6265, I use an ACP 11 charger (with the supplied conversion cable) which charges my battery in about 80 to 90 minutes. And it lasts slightly longer than with the default slow charger. These days, mobiles do not last for more than 2 years and the talk of slow chargers giving more battery life may not hold ice. Anyway who has the time to wait for 4 to 5 hours? Or maybe you can keep it on charge for the whole night? That way also the battery life will get wasted. So why not use the fast chargers?

CDMA battery life is definitely poorer than the GSM battery life and hence one should not compare about this. And yes the network of RCL is far better than other operators' networks.

Well, even I don't know the reason why Nokia is giving "slow" chargers, but it definitely increases battery life...and even if life of a handset is just 2 years, you would notice the difference in talktime even after 1 year...and it would be more pronounced in case of CDMA handsets since they probably consume more battery power...

And even though a charge on battery easily last for >1day, you could charge it every night...and battery does not get wasted by overcharging becoz the charger automatically cuts-off the charging current and just keeps the battery on "trickle" charge.

And anyway, people who need to talk atleast 3-4 hours everyday are rare..yes it is a fact...that average minutes of usage for an Indian user is 400-500 mins per month...so why would Nokia care for just a handful of customers..

^^^

and actually, nokia mumbai service is the most pathetic service i have ever seen. first, no respect of time or consumer. i have seen a guy with a costly mobile (don't remember now) literally begging the service counter lady that if u can't service the mobile, let me speak to the manager, or atleast give me in writing that. she just kept turning her head away from him, and giving him occasional looks. and that guy too went chup chaap outside, muttering kya karen n swearing under his breath. i wonder why he didn't just break a glass, throw some chairs around and stuff!

so people buying nokias, please be informed, that for service, you are putting yourselves in hand of the most pathetic and unprofessional staff. that's why i avoid recommending high end nokias, coz no matter how good they are, once they need service, you are royally screwed.

Atleast my experience about LG & MOTO is much better than the joke that is called nokia service.

Lets face it friends whether one likes it or not truth is Nokia's service is getting pathetic day by day ... I can vouch for Motorola's service but not for Nokia.

Nokia's slogan Connecting People is nowadays like this " Nokia disconnecting people "

I think u took it on hyper side. U would have known by urself if u had faced the music. I just have 1 question 2 u. Why will a phone take 4 - 5 Hrs. to get charged ? Is this we expect from Nokia that too in a Phone which costs Rs.12000.

Nokia is taking things for granted and making India a dumping yard. Should we accept everything it offers.

My dear friend money is very hard earned. So whoever spends it wants that he is satisfied by spending it.

Why will we compromise by taking another charger or by charging our phones at night when we are paying for it ? Let us then not buy these expensive sets & stick to cheaper set. Atleast we will not repent.

I fully endorse this view! And I too have suffered because of Nokia - I got a GSM Nokia which was faulty outta the box! Long story... but in short they are adamant about not giving replacements at any cost ...they just want to keep repairing it. Tried writing to Nokia India also. They do call back, and reply promptly to emails, but its all just nice words and no substance. The product s**ks!! I told them I'd never touch another Nokia product in my life ...and will try and influence any customer who plans to buy one. But they don't give a fig!

For sure Nokia's philosophy is that India is a junkyard for their scrap!

I fully endorse this view! And I too have suffered because of Nokia - I got a GSM Nokia which was faulty outta the box! Long story... but in short they are adamant about not giving replacements at any cost ...they just want to keep repairing it. Tried writing to Nokia India also. They do call back, and reply promptly to emails, but its all just nice words and no substance. The product s**ks!! I told them I'd never touch another Nokia product in my life ...and will try and influence any customer who plans to buy one. But they don't give a fig!

Guys if so many of us are sufferers then why can't we launch a campaign against Nokia. We are all individual who haven't got what we paid for then why can't we move ahead. I thought may be I am the unlucky 1 to suffer from this but there are so many of them. Why can't we join hands make them know that India is a land of Human Brain Resource and not that anybody can sell anything here. If u guys think I am write then we can give a try to make Nokia know that India is not the Country for you to sell China made handsets which are simply below par.

I am just a simple guy who got to know about this side from one of the friends in Orkut & thought this to be a platform to share my views. I hope there must be other platforms where we can put this issue up for our other Indian friends to know about it. can we all make a impact ?

I completely agree with u Chirag... :GirandoOjos:

Even i am from Mumbai and the best eg we can set is of 26th July... :Equivocado:

All the n/w were jammed for 3 days but Rim was upto the mark... :Contento:

Nokia service centers are real pain nowadays I have 2 handsets waiting to be repaired,I took one 6235 to the service center in Mira road,the repairing guy opened it and said that IC's are missing in this and someone has tampered the piece and packed it and gave it back to me whereas the truth was the set was not even opened by anyone,I took a working piece with me and asked him to show me which IC is missing,he said infact we dont repair cdma phones and it has to be sent to head office to repair and bcoz of octroi problem we dont accept them,I told him you should have told me this rather then giving the missing IC story.I wrote to Nokia and still waiting for thier email.

Another is nokia 2112 which is still under warranty but these people refuse to accept it.

One of my friend had a bad experience with 6275,he gave it for repair under warranty and they gave him a long menu stating that the piece was tampered and so the piece wont be repaired by nokia,he was willing to pay for the service if not covered by warranty but they just said that the piece cant be repaired.

He has sent a legal notice to nokia thru his lawyer.

I have heard of people getting replacements either with a lot of follow-ups or with influnce.

In short I agree with the other members that nokia is taking Indians for granted,specially cdma users,their moto is dont repair the set give some vague reason and the user will buy a new nokia handset.

Nokia 6275 being a series 40 phone is expensive and there are many problems with it,but some lovers of this model refuse to accept it.

Well, a LOT of Nokia users wont accept that a Nokia can have ANY problems! When I hear these people (friends/collegues, etc) I sometimes feel that Nokia is only giving us dimbulb Indians what we deserve...

I completely agree with u Chirag... :GirandoOjos:

Even i am from Mumbai and the best eg we can set is of 26th July... :Equivocado:

All the n/w were jammed for 3 days but Rim was upto the mark... :Contento:

Brother I too have faith in Reliance. It was reliance manager only who helped me by giving a standby Handset.

What I am talking about is why should we compromise on handset when we are paying for it? We take a handset looking at its features and specs & if it doesn't deliver what it should then it means we are being made fools.

Think over this.

Well, a LOT of Nokia users wont accept that a Nokia can have ANY problems! When I hear these people (friends/collegues, etc) I sometimes feel that Nokia is only giving us dimbulb Indians what we deserve...

Friends u all know so much abt Web. Can't we launch an online campaign against Nokia

^^^^ and get what out of it ??? heartburn ? its better still to learn single handedly and move on... besides nokia would continue to mint cause they have identified and attached themselves with the needs of the indian consumers... when the consumer is ready to be fooled and had... why should nokia or any other company relent...

^^^^ and get what out of it ??? heartburn ? its better still to learn single handedly and move on... besides nokia would continue to mint cause they have identified and attached themselves with the needs of the indian consumers... when the consumer is ready to be fooled and had... why should nokia or any other company relent...

Buddy don't be so pessimist. U know I got my Handset changed quiet easily which others just try & forget. We are consumers and things are not same now. Nokia is earning because we are earning & spending. I searched for nokia head Office Fax No. & straight away faxed them a 2 Page Letter. Immediately I got response from them 7 they agreed to change my handset.

It is just a matter of attitude. I called up Nokia Finalnd yesterday but I was a bit late & office staff were not available. I will take their fax No. & send them a Fax with this link mentioned in it. They will then understand things.

If every1 is quiet hoping that what has happened has happened then Nokia will certainly not do anything. But when it comes to know that these are facts then certainly it will take steps.

So friend just take things positively & you will see doors opening towards you.

Guys if so many of us are sufferers then why can't we launch a campaign against Nokia. We are all individual who haven't got what we paid for then why can't we move ahead. I thought may be I am the unlucky 1 to suffer from this but there are so many of them. Why can't we join hands make them know that India is a land of Human Brain Resource and not that anybody can sell anything here. If u guys think I am write then we can give a try to make Nokia know that India is not the Country for you to sell China made handsets which are simply below par.

I am just a simple guy who got to know about this side from one of the friends in Orkut & thought this to be a platform to share my views. I hope there must be other platforms where we can put this issue up for our other Indian friends to know about it. can we all make a impact ?

Hey Manoj, there is nothing to be hyper about this, the way you mentioned why don't we launch a campaign, you asked me 1 question, right which was "Why will a phone take 4 - 5 Hrs. to get charged ? Is this we expect from Nokia that too in a Phone which costs Rs.12000. "

My answer is another question to you "Do you think what all people are talking right now including yourself, like slow charging....Nokia Research wouldnt have thought about this? Buddy you own a single or maybe few handsets, let me tell you that they have 1000's of brains behind making this gadget. Wouldnt they want their handset to get charged in few mins? I stay in Mumbai, so do you think that Reliance Energy or Tata pays them a commission out of the electricity charges used for charging Nokia Mobiles? Dude I know 12000 is hard earned money! But for Nokia they have handsets which are costing 30-40 K and still take same time get charged...

The following is an extract from the emails I exchanged with Nokia Care in August 2006 : -

Dear Mr. Shah,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to your enquiry regarding Nokia 6265. We appreciate the time spent by you in reverting with your valuable feedback and we are glad that you are happy with the performance of this Nokia phone model.

Please be assured that your feedback is valued and we endeavour to address any suggestion that may be raised by our customers. We have forwarded your suggstion pertaining to the availability of the support page for Nokia 6265, to our Customer Feedback Division for their due consideration. Any update in this regard will be posted on our web site. However, in the meanwhile, we suggest you to visit the below mentioned web link:

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,85710,00.html

Further, as per your corespondence, we understand that you are using the 'fast charger' ACP- 12E apart from AC-3E charger, for managing the power in your mobile phone. You may kindly note that though the ACP-12E charges your phone faster, there would not be any change in the stand by or talk time of your mobile phone. Kindly note that, the talk time for the phone is 3.8 - 4 hours . The standby time for the phone is upto 264-360 hours. Variation in operation times may occur depending on RUIM (Removeable User Interface Module), network and usage settings, usage style and environments. Use of FM radio and integrated hands-free will affect talktime and standby.

A new battery's full performance is achieved only after two or three complete charge and discharge cycles. The battery needs to be charged regularly. We recommend that you always charge the battery when it has been completely discharged. You need to charge the battery until you get a message 'Battery Full'.

Battery talktime and standby times are estimates only and depend on network configuration, signal strength, features used, battery age and condition, charging practices, temperatures to which battery is exposed, whether use is in digital mode (or analog mode, if any), and many other factors. Please note that the amount of time a phone is used for calls will affect its standby time. Likewise, the amount of time that the phone is turned on and in standby mode will affect its talk time.

Further, if you are facing a concern with the optimal performance of the power management in your mobile phone, we request you to take your phone to the nearest Nokia Authorised Service Centre. Our technicians will assist you in the best possible way.

We recommend you to take along the proof of purchase/receipt while visiting the Nokia Authorised Service Centre. Your phone would be repaired under warranty if it meets all the warranty guidelines.

For location of an Authorised Service Centre nearest to you, kindly access the following web link:

http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,45554,00.html

Before submitting your phone at the Service Centre, you may kindly take a backup of the phone contacts data to the SIM card. If the phone supports memory card, take a back up of contacts, messages, images, clips, etc. on to the memory card or on to the PC. Back up can be taken, provided the phone is in Power ON condition. The technicians at the Nokia Authorised Service Centre and Nokia India would not be responsible for the loss of data during the repair process.

As you have also mentioned that you are looking to ensure that dust particles do not enter your mobile phone, we suggest you to take the requisite care of your mobile phone as you would for an electronic product to ensure its optimal performance.

You may kindly note that Nokia does not recommend the use of a third party application in your mobile phone as it may affect the optimal performance of your mobile phone. However, in order to check for available and compatible applications, we suggest you to seek the due assistance from your network operator in browsing the recommended WAP (Wireless Access Protocol) web sites. You cal also visit the below mentioned web link to check for the same:

http://ap.mobile.nokia.com

Kindly be informed that Nokia 6265 does have an 'in call' timer feature and messages can be saved only in phone memory or RUIM memory.

For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 or 1800-425-3388 between the hours of 6:00am and 12:00 midnight, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in. You may also find answers to your queries at www.nokia.co.in/support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Please help us improve our services by clicking on the following link:

https://digiumenterprise.com/answer/?sid=42...mp;chk=EPHPXYH6

Kind regards,

Ravilochan Vasuki

Nokia Care

-------Original Message--------

To: NokiaCare

CC:

Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:03:49 PM

Subject: Nokia 6265 CDMA

Dear Sirs,

I have purchased the above model 6265 from Reliance on 1st Aug 2006 and have been using it for the last one month now. I am extremely satisfied with the performance of this phone, though the support for this phone is still unavailable on your nokia.co.in WebPages.

Using the default charger AC-3E provided with this phone, the charging time is about 31/2 to 4 hours and the talktime is about maximum 90 to 100 minutes. Now if I use the ACP-12E charger (original Nokia) and the adapter provided with this phone, the charging time is reduced to about max. 80 to 90 minutes and the talktime also increases marginally to about 100 to 115 minutes.

Now, my query is what is the effect of using the default charger and the effect if I use the ACP12E charger? Will there be any change in the performance or life of the battery considering that ACP12E is a fast charger?

I charge my phone only when the phone indicates me by beeps of "Low Battery" and I charge it till the phone indicates "Battery Full" I would have appreciated if there was some audible beeps when the charging is complete.

Another problem that has been reported is of dust particles inside the display. Although till date, I do not seem to notice the dust particles on my phone, I am afraid that this problem will creep up eventually. I would like to know the preventive steps to be taken to prevent this from happening.

Since this is a 3rd edition Series 40 phone and which supports 3rd party software's, I would like to know if any software's are available for the following: -

a. Call log register logging details of all calls including call durations of each and every call.

b. SMS deferred sending - meaning if I want the SMS delivery to be delayed by 30 mts, 60 mts,120 mts, 1 day, 2 days, 1 week and so on.

c. Any SW for increasing the length of the SMS from the default 160 characters.

d. any SW to transfer the SMS to the memory card or to increase the message storage capacity from the default maximum, measly 70 to 80 SMS storage capacity. It is indeed a pity that such a high-end phone has this measly SMS Storage.

Expecting your early and favourable replies to the above queries.

Thanks

Kumaar Shah

I trust the above exchange of emails will clear the air on battery charging times etc. Thanks.

Edited by KumaarShah

^^^

Even Nokia Delhi (CDMA) Service Centre is as bad (maybe bad-der). Just one ASC at Okhla is the only Service Centre for entire Delhi/ NCR. The first response is to LEAVE the handset for 20 days. LG, Samsung, Motorola are far ahead in after-sales...Agreed, Nokia products are excellent quality, but if (God forbid), there is any prblem with your handset; you are gone for a toss !!

Regarding chargers: almost all latest nokias ...N seris, E series etc have the same "slow" charger as the one provided with 2865/ 6275. I observed that the charging voltage is 5V as against 5.7V in the older "fast" chargers.

Now, my guess (just a guess...) is that they have reduced charging voltage to 5V so as to enable their mobiles to use any USB port for charging. And, as a consequence of reduction in applied voltage, charging current is also reduced from 800mA to 350mA, which explains why it takes much longer to charge.