Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
geniusoid

Tata Indicom Launches Dual Sim Phone

Guys breaking news!

I just happened to be randomly surfing Tata Indicom's online store www.ichoose.in and supposedly they have launched their much awaited new DUAL SIM Phone under the brand SAMSUNG DUO.

I had read about this handset, model SCH W 339 much earlier.

Following are the features, which look killer!

• 262K TFT Touchscreen (176x220 resolution)
  • 1.3 MP Camera with 2x Zoom
  • Video Camera
  • Handwriting Recognition
  • Expandable memory upto 1GB (MicroSD)
  • File Viewer to view Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF Files, etc.
  • Full Fledged MP3, AAC player
  • Bluetooth

The price on the site is Rs.11999

Supposedly, the phone can support 2 SIM cards - 2 GSMs or 2 CDMA (only Tata Indicom) or 1 GSM and 1 CDMA (Tata Indicom). The phone seemingly is network locked, so Reliance SIMs may not work.

There is however no clear detail on any offer or plan on the site....

Check it out - http://www.ichoose.in

Yup I read it pal....I`ve been watching Dual SIMs carefully for sometime.....actually in late 2006, Chinese company Yulong already placed some handsets like these in India, though they seem to have not picked up much.

Under the brand Coolpad, the handsets are high priced, upto 18000 - I happened to test out one such handset. The UI ****ed big time, though the cam was 2 MP, there was **** quality in the cam....

I hope Reliance comes up with a quality product - I have a friend working in Tata Indicom who showed me this handset sometime back - its brilliant. Afterall Samsung is a reputed brand.

The UI was typical Samsung style - very attractive and graphic....that's something that Samsung spends BIG bucks on all the time. I called up Tata customer care and they didnt have much info on this phone and tried to peddle Motorola A-840 to me though! :Equivocado:

The handwriting recognition feature was really cool - you can write in Hindi as well. I like reading on the move, and the File Viewer feature seemed pretty neat to me. I think i`m gonna buy this handset :Contento: and maybe just use it with a GSM connection as supposedly it wont work with Reliance :(

I also happened to see Sadik bhai's post showing some Chinese handset with Dual SIM capability, but I think i`d anyday prefer a better known brand that would care to retain its brand equity! :GirandoOjos:

But they have not mentioned in their site as Dual Phone. :clap:

Edited by srk006

Just got to know from call center that it is a Dual Phone....i`ve seen it too. Its Dual SIM.....

Attaching Phone image!!! :clap:

Enjoy! :)

post-20587-1185624540_thumb.jpg

can i enable to use this Phone on Reliance

you can always try..

Nice phone. Is it possible to get it without Tata connection?

Probably it will be locked. You can buy handset with prepaid connection. I have a belief that if you insert first RUIM of reliance it may lock to reliance RUIM. May be wrong.

@kshah - Like I said before, I have a friend working at Tata who had showed me the phone some months before. According to them, it will be locked to Tata network, but work with any GSM network in India, as well as useful for International Roaming.

Any concrete ideas guys on making this work on Reliance?

CDMA locks are difficult to crack. More so because it is CDMA, not so widely used technology hence fewer no of crackers. Rather it is better to get handset from China / Korea. I am sure there will not be cracker available for this phone. Because if you see manual no mention of data cable / data connectivity with computer. Hence it will be very difficult to get data cable for cracking too. Else appears to be a good phone. Also it does not seems to be supporting CDMA + GSM it seems to be CDMA or GSM.

no data cable?

how the hell will you transfer the pics and add music to your phone?

card reader?

Seems to be there is no mention in manual

Latest update.....

1.) Connects thru USB to comp. Data cable & PC Sync softare to be purchased separately from Samsung Service Centers.

2.) The Bigger News

The offer is finally launched Pan India in non-online format as well.....

All Postpaid GSM Customers can avail of below offer by showing photocopy of last/previous bill :

1.) Rs.200/mth free usage for 2 months

2.) Friends & Family Add on rentals for 2 months waived (Rs.50/mth). F&F offers calls to one local number @ 50% of rate.

3.) One time 250 SMSs free

4.) Get CDMA number similar to existing GSM number

Latest update.....

1.) Connects thru USB to comp. Data cable & PC Sync softare to be purchased separately from Samsung Service Centers.

2.) The Bigger News

The offer is finally launched Pan India in non-online format as well.....

All Postpaid GSM Customers can avail of below offer by showing photocopy of last/previous bill :

1.) Rs.200/mth free usage for 2 months

2.) Friends & Family Add on rentals for 2 months waived (Rs.50/mth). F&F offers calls to one local number @ 50% of rate.

3.) One time 250 SMSs free

4.) Get CDMA number similar to existing GSM number

Please can you Just check if Serial cables are available? If yes, then I will try to buy and unlock.

Some times, especially with Samsung diagnostic processes are possible with serial. Now ofcourse man samsung CDMA phone can be unlocked with USB. I just want to know thhat there is no serial cable available. If your frnd is in tata you can ask him to inquire with samsung service station. Also he can help you to get it unlocked.

haha....if he were to get it unlocked, sitting at Tata office, he wouldnt make a good marketer now, isnt it? :(

Samsung SIM Phones uses Min Lock Once the TSim is Inserted First Min is Getting Stored into Phone than Other TSIM from Tata or Reliance will not Work

We require MIN Lock Breaker.

If we could can Generic Firmware This could be Solved easily

Samsung Uses USB cable and this Phone must not have any Support for Serial, But There are so many Mode to Upgrade like Diagnostic Mode, FLash ROM Mode and Phone Mode

Samsung SIM Phones uses Min Lock Once the TSim is Inserted First Min is Getting Stored into Phone than Other TSIM from Tata or Reliance will not Work

We require MIN Lock Breaker.

If we could can Generic Firmware This could be Solved easily

Samsung Uses USB cable and this Phone must not have any Support for Serial, But There are so many Mode to Upgrade like Diagnostic Mode, FLash ROM Mode and Phone Mode

Do you mean what I understand, than it will lock to first MIN even if it is Reliances?

CDMA locks are difficult to crack. More so because it is CDMA, not so widely used technology hence fewer no of crackers. Rather it is better to get handset from China / Korea. I am sure there will not be cracker available for this phone. Because if you see manual no mention of data cable / data connectivity with computer. Hence it will be very difficult to get data cable for cracking too. Else appears to be a good phone. Also it does not seems to be supporting CDMA + GSM it seems to be CDMA or GSM.

I think its CDMA+GSM and just not CDMA or GSM. In one of the pages in the manual I've seen a picture in which 2 SIMs are inserted parallely......

yeah it has 2 slots and takes 2 SIMs, either 2 CDMA or 2 GSM or CDMA and GSM.

However only one can work at one time. To switch SIMs, there is a menu option tht`ll help u switch instantaneously.

yeah it has 2 slots and takes 2 SIMs, either 2 CDMA or 2 GSM or CDMA and GSM.

However only one can work at one time. To switch SIMs, there is a menu option tht`ll help u switch instantaneously.

if only one sim can work at a time then this phone is useless. No matter which sim u select for outgoing,

atleast incoming for both the sim should be active all the time.

only then this phone should be called as a 'Dual Sim Phone' else this phone should be called as an expensive SIM case/cover or holder.

True , i totally agree ,, dual phone means it shhould be able to receive calls in both network