Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Gsm Phone With Coversation Recording

Hello,

I want one handset which supports conversation recording. PPC 6700 do not support the same and I checked possibility with CDMA handset but except for PALM OS phones no CDMA phones support it.

Also now I am in no mood of spending money on Locked / crippled handsets like reliance / tata. Infact my preference will be that I use new connection for Data and incoming needs and my existing reliance for outgoing calls.

I was thinking to go for Sony P990i and dump my reliance connection but it is not feasible. Hence I reuest members to suggest me cheap GSM handset which supports conversation recording upto 2 hours. (To record my conference calls with consent of all parties)

I found only 1 handset i.e. LG Dynamite 200

http://www.lgezbuy.com/productdisplay.aspx...67&catid=71

I can also consider symbian OS phone. But I do not want to spend too much and also phone should not be too big like Nokia 6600

Thanks in advance

Edited by kshah

Hello,

I want one handset which supports conversation recording. PPC 6700 do not support the same and I checked possibility with CDMA handset but except for PALM OS phones no CDMA phones support it.

Also now I am in no mood of spending money on Locked / crippled handsets like reliance / tata. Infact my preference will be that I use new connection for Data and incoming needs and my existing reliance for outgoing calls.

I was thinking to go for Sony P990i and dump my reliance connection but it is not feasible. Hence I reuest members to suggest me cheap GSM handset which supports conversation recording upto 2 hours. (To record my conference calls with consent of all parties)

I can also consider symbian OS phone. But I do not want to spend too much and also phone should not be too big like Nokia 6600

Thanks in advance

I am using Lg 6250 for more than one month. it supports voice recording(its CDMA,for GSM i am using nokia 6630) upto two hours according to the product note . i have personally recorded for more than 15 mins, u can point the recording file to the mem card for more time. it comes with 24 Mb internal mem and microsd support. very good battery backup and has even bluetooth for the price 7400.for full features u can check the product note. what i liked is the clarity of recorded calls(which is better than nokia 6630). u can record also voice memos.if u want i can give u more details.It supports RIUM too.

Edited by lijodavis

Thanks a lot for guidance. Is it RUIM enabled phone? Sorry I saw it in product note, yes it supports RUIM

How is user interface, data syncronisation etc? I have never been too comfortable with LG.

Edited by kshah

All the new generation LG which have external memory card support, supports Voice Recording. 6230, 6250, etc are some of the sets supporting voice recording while in conversation. The UI is pretty good in LG sets. Do you want to only use the set for recording and not for anything else? Then once you set -up the voice recording feature, it will be a breeze. I do not have any LG set currently and hence I cannot guide you step-by-step.

Reg. data syncronisation, LG was always weak and is still weak. IMHO, this feature requires a LG Engineer to operate it. Either the data cable is faulty or the handset is faulty and if both are OK, then maybe your computer is faulty. If all three are OK, then maybe some fault lies in us that we bought LG. These are my experiences, others opinion may differ.

Thanks.

Reg. data syncronisation, LG was always weak and is still weak. IMHO, this feature requires a LG Engineer to operate it. Either the data cable is faulty or the handset is faulty and if both are OK, then maybe your computer is faulty. If all three are OK, then maybe some fault lies in us that we bought LG. These are my experiences, others opinion may differ.

Thanks.

:(:Riendo::Riendo:

@Kalpak

6700 Can Record Conversation's Recording

There is Resco Call Recorder availbe Try it and Check it

I tried it can record conversation only if used on speaker phone. It records what comes in microphone not on speaker. PPC said to have hardware limitations not all PPC but HTC made I know about (Arun sent me link for such article, hence I know)

Edited by kshah

LG Dynamite 200 price range is around 5100-5300

Standard battery (mAH) - 800 Li-Ion

Standby Time (hrs) - Upto 200

Talktime (hrs) - Upto 2.0

How can you record call of about 2hrs(with additional recording facilty and multiple calls going consuming more battery) with a fone that has normal talktime of upto 2hrs only :(

Otherwise i agree with person above that Lg (especially Gsm) phones are very dodgy when it comes to usability of its full functions...........

Edited by GSV13

Ofcourse with charger connected. 2 hours is maximum requirement. Most conferences last for 45 mins. max.

buy any Symbian OS handsets...

cheapest will be NOKIA 6600....i think 5-6k

Thanks a lot for guidance. Is it RUIM enabled phone? Sorry I saw it in product note, yes it supports RUIM

How is user interface, data syncronisation etc? I have never been too comfortable with LG.

6250 's user interface is typical LG. no menu delay problem. abt data sync, u can sync ur contacts easily(usb cable is included in the package ,u need to download the software from their site.) and has a storage of 2000 nos.(my nokia 6275 has a limit of 500 names) battery backup is better than 6275. file transfer via bluetooth is also not bad.ringtone volume very low also. its storing the recorded files as *.qcp format which will take around 340 kb for 250 secs.Voice clarity is good. very tough to find a new piece- it seems no stock.not good as nokia but an average handset with voice recording ,bluetooth, fm radio for a resonable price from reliance(i couldn't find any phones better than this in features and for 7.4k.)

@kshah

My dear friend, LG KG200 Dynamite or LG KG300 Dynamite, both are rocking handsets notonly they provide unlimited voice recording but also many other features which can be very useful for some users.

I myself is using LG KG300 DYNAMITE handset and I'm very satisfied with its performance. The features which are included in these LG handsets if provided in Nokia handsets than surely one has to spend above 10,000/- bucks.

The only difference in LG KG300 and LG KG200 is that LG KG300 has Bluetooth and 2 megapixel camera. LG KG200 doesn't have bluetooth and the camera is 1.3 megapixel. But all other features are the same in both the handsets.

Regards.

Hello,

Thanks in advance

I have found out a very simple way :-

Buy any Nokia Phone with sound recording, during call go to menu and start sound recorder and press record --- you will have your file

Enjoy

Buy any nokia symbian OS phone, normally 6600 would be available around 3.5k in seconds, and load in call recorder or spy call, no need to press any button, it will start automatically when call is recieved.

thanks all for guide and preventing me from wasting money. Fianlly I chose Nokia E50 for Rs. 8500. I will buy it very soon.

thanks all for guide and preventing me from wasting money. Fianlly I chose Nokia E50 for Rs. 8500. I will buy it very soon.

u can also look for nokia 3110c . it has all features similar to nokia 6275 & it costs around rs 5700

I think none of Series 40 handset supports voice converstion recording

Spending 8.5 on E50 is useless. Ring volume is low, cam is almost useless with 1.3 megapixel. Fonts are hard to read.

Then what is suggestion? I was also thinking to buy Sony p910 / 990 if I get for 8/10k in good condition. 6600 is good choice but could not find anywhere. I am really not for CAM. I chose E 60 which is without can but now discontinued. E50 is cheapest symbian available.

Edited by kshah

who told u that series 40 phones do not support voice recording ?

i was using nokia 6230(gsm) from 2.5 yrs even that phone supported voice recording.

Now i m using nokia 3110c with 1 gb mem card. This phone also supports voice conversation recording. While i record the conversation it shows that it can recford for 1 hr. But one thing i did'nt liked is that while recording conversation it gives a beep after every 5 sec which is audible on both ends.

Rest this phone is fine (1.3 m pix cam, stereo mp3 player, fm, pc sync, mem card slot, good display 262k )

Get E50 for around 5.5 in seconds, or go for N72 symbian or P910 is the good choice of yrs.

Still contemplating. I do not want to spend too much till portability of number. Will definately go for GSM for all my voice requirement, even if it remains little expensive. 'coz atleast you use handset of your choice and more over handset which meets your requirement. CDMA handset do not meet all requirements.

who told u that series 40 phones do not support voice recording ?

i was using nokia 6230(gsm) from 2.5 yrs even that phone supported voice recording.

Now i m using nokia 3110c with 1 gb mem card. This phone also supports voice conversation recording. While i record the conversation it shows that it can recford for 1 hr. But one thing i did'nt liked is that while recording conversation it gives a beep after every 5 sec which is audible on both ends.

Rest this phone is fine (1.3 m pix cam, stereo mp3 player, fm, pc sync, mem card slot, good display 262k )

I was told by Sellers. Beep sound may not be accetable as I am gonna record business calls. To safeguard myself in case of any problem.