soniraj

Prepaid Balance Transfer

11 posts in this topic

I have some prepaid balance which is valid till March 2008. I am planning to shift to MTNL/Airtel and I want to transfer this balance to my friend's RIM. Is it possible. I find that eRecharge is being done by entering <some code> transferee No. <amount> and sending an SMS to some number. Is this possible at individual level, or only resellers are allowed to use this. If I think right, this should work at individual level also. ;)

AFAIK, this is not allowed by any operator other than Airtel. Check with CC about this.

^^^

I don't think that any operator will allow this my dear friends. Its hardly possible.

Regards.

No, Kumaar Shah is right ...Airtel does have some facility of this sort ...though I have never used it ...and as far as I remember, it carries some charges... cant recall the details. And I dont see why this cannot be possible. In fact, ideally all operators should offer this facility!

^^^

@raccoon

Yes my dear friend I too agree with you that all operators must provide this kind of service. There is no harm even if they charge some service charges for this. This kind of service can be very helpful for many subscribers.

Regards.

airtel has this is possible in airtel but to its own network

Has reliance started this facility?

^^^

No.

Airltel had this service in Delhi circle they stopped it -

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Vodafone is providing this service in mumbai..

Now this option is available with reliance also. But with USSD codes. Anybody know how to do the balance transfer in CDMA as we cant dial USSD codes.

1 person likes this