Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

Telecom Commission approves Intra Circle Nationwide Pan-India Mobile Number Portability

Finally the much awaited intra circle Pan India nationwide mobile number portability will be a reality soon but how soon we will have to wait and watch. So Once Intra circle nationwide “One circle one nation wide MNP” comes into effect one can use the same number in various circle with no roaming charges as intra circle nationwide portability will allow customers to port from one state to another without any roaming charges. Say for example if the number belong to Kerala and you get transferred to Tamilnadu you can use the Kerala number in Tamilnadu with your preferred operator with no roaming charges .

Presently, Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is available only within the circle and if anyone wants to change mobile operator, they must choose between only those operators which are present in his telecom circle which saw huge response in the initial days when it was launched and still people prefer it if a user is not happy with its existing operator .

Earlier TRAI also made it clear that once ‘Full MNP’ is in place, mobile customers should be educated to dial numbers in the ‘+91 format, so that the all calls get connected across the country without any trouble.

When the regulators approved circle wise MNP it nearly took more than 2 years for operators to get it implemented and we can hope Nation wide one nation one number portability sees no delay, what you think about this move from Telecom Commission will Intra circle roaming will bring more competition among operators ? Do let us know via comments.

http://telecomtalk.info/intra-circle-nationwide-pan-india-mobile-number-portability/118668/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+telecomtalk%2FCIeV+%28TelecomTalk%29

It should be called inter circle MNP isn't it?

Will be useful for many people.

sent from my rooted Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

Yes, it is inter circle

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

It is more than two years now I am waiting for this MNP to reflect. Change my circle AP to Odisha. My number is still in roaming :(

Triggered from Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yes, for a pan-India service, it must be inter, not intra circle.

If one nation service is introduced, it will be all local calls, otherwise, there will be necessity of STD dialling or requirement of adding +91.

It is more than two years now I am waiting for this MNP to reflect. Change my circle AP to Odisha. My number is still in roaming :(

Triggered from Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This time, things are different. We have strong govt at Centre which believes in decision making unlike previous mute govt.

Yes, for a pan-India service, it must be inter, not intra circle.

If one nation service is introduced, it will be all local calls, otherwise, there will be necessity of STD dialling or requirement of adding +91.

Yes, after implementation, the phone number has to be in the format of +91

• Like 2

Any app to concert all numbers starting with +91... Why not with Zero?

Even if one dials by adding "0" instead of "+91" it would have the same effect. One this gets introduced, the Operators are expected to come out with plans similar to the new My Home Roam plan from Reliance, to retain customers.

Full Fledge Mobile Number Portability implementation by March 2015

34zk6rs.jpg

Department of Telecommunications has set a target for implement full level of mobile number portability by 31 March, 2015. As on date Mobile number portability is applicable with the telecom circle. Now it is going to be Inter Telecom Circles.

As per the new guideline, Department of Telecommunication (DOT) is gearing up to implement the full-fledged Mobile Number Portability (MNP) across telecom circles ie., inter telecom circles also. That is you can happily transfer a mobile number from Karnataka service provider to Delhi Service provider. This is going to happen before March 2015. All approvals are going to be freezed at the earliest. Hope we can happily Port our mobile numbers across the telecom service providers further across service providers……Great News :)

Source :

http://www.bsnlteleservices.com/2014/10/all-india-mobile-number-portability-mnp.html

Triggered from my Nexus 10

May 03, 2015 is the new date. Also, I think it implies the end of Roaming as we know it. True ONE INDIA! On good thing that Sibal did.

• Like 1

Any update on this?

Been 6 months... using Mumbai number in Bangalore

Mtnl and bsnl have asked for extension again.