Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Jio Mobile

Yes, that is a known issue for the pure-play 4G operator. What I will do is, whenever Jio is working, I use the other network sim as 2G for just voice calls and whenever there is some issue in Jio network, I will just disable Jio SIM in sim settings, which makes the other SIM as 3G / 4G data sim.

Got a brand new Moto G4 Play in which i m using jio sim and after every few hours, i see no simcard emergency calls only showing up. Once i turn simcard on and off or turn aeroplane mode on and off it starts working fine. Works fine for couple of hours and then the issue repeats itself . This is happening every 2 to 3 hours cycle. Checked all settings did all required updates but still issue persists. Finally call Jio customer care early morning and the lady said this is a known issue many other customers who are using non lyf phones are facing this issue. She said they are making some network changes and this should get fixed in the next 48 hours. 

Anyone else facing a similar issue and is there any solution for the same.

Edited by Dushie

Are you using Jio sim in second sim slot? Have you tried changing the sim slot for jio? Never had this issue in my vibe p1

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

is there any app on Android which can show GSM/CDMA/HSPA/LTE band details as well as how much bandwidth (in MHz) the operator is using?

NetVelocity shows the band (2300/1800/850Mhz) for JIO only, and no details of channel size or how much spectrum allocated.

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

Issue is same in Slot 1 on volte also it losses signal after few hours and goes to emergency call and no simcard. In Slot 2 also it works fine with Jio Join app for sometime post which it displays the same message. Behavior exhibited is the same on both slots, does not make a different if it is on Volte or using Jio voice. Every few hours the signal would go, once i turn simcard on or off , it start working fine again. This is happening every 2 to 3 hours, 5 to 7 times in a day. Problem is i am missing calls and messages. Called Jio care also they are saying it is a known issue and many users are facing this problem They are saying they are making some network changes and it would get fixed. Been over 24 hours, still i do not see it fixed.

Have you tried in other VoLTE phones ji? Heard such issues in MotoG 4th gen phones a lot...

12 hours ago, Dushie said:

Issue is same in Slot 1 on volte also it losses signal after few hours and goes to emergency call and no simcard. In Slot 2 also it works fine with Jio Join app for sometime post which it displays the same message. Behavior exhibited is the same on both slots, does not make a different if it is on Volte or using Jio voice. Every few hours the signal would go, once i turn simcard on or off , it start working fine again. This is happening every 2 to 3 hours, 5 to 7 times in a day. Problem is i am missing calls and messages. Called Jio care also they are saying it is a known issue and many users are facing this problem They are saying they are making some network changes and it would get fixed. Been over 24 hours, still i do not see it fixed.

I had faced a similar type of problem during second week of September only for two three days wherein my Lava X11 used to loose VoLTE connectivity (VoLTE used to get disabled though it showed enabled in the settings) and I had to re-enable it by disabling and re-enabling it.

But that was only for two three days and got resolved by itself (I did not complain because I wasn't sure whether it is a handset problem or network issue) - and after that I had no issue till date so far.

Edited by LTE4G

1 hour ago, LTE4G said:

I had faced a similar type of problem during second week of September only for two three days wherein my Lava X11 used to loose VoLTE connectivity (VoLTE used to get disabled though it showed enabled in the settings) and I had to re-enable it by disabling and re-enabling it.

But that was only for two three days and got resolved by itself (I did not complain because I wasn't sure whether it is a handset problem or network issue) - and after that I had no issue till date so far.

I am hoping this gets resolved. as i got the phone for using with Jio only. But its still not working properly.

I friend of mine has sent the APN Tweak for Reliance Jio to improve 4G experience as below:

Name: myNet

APN: Jionet

Port: 8080

Server: www.wfjio5%.4g.com

Authentication type: PAP

APN type: default,xcap

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Bearer: LTE

my Query: 

Is it safe to Edit my Default Jio APN as above, will it improve 4G experience as claimed?

Is Server: www.wfjio5%.4g.com - belong to RJio?

RIM gurus to responde Pls.

NO.. It doesn't looks like Jio's website.

EDIT:-

After some research, I found its FAKE.. Look here..

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

Jio Customer Database of over 120 million users leaked
could be biggest data breach in India

Source

In an interesting development , Jio customer data has been leaked on an independent website named magicapk. Several sensitive details including first name, last name ,mobile number, email-id,circle, SIM Activation Date and even Aadhaar Number have been exposed.  To my disbelief I found my own details in the database and also couple of my colleagues are affected too.

Update: 10:39PM IST with quote from Jio spokesperson.

reliance-jio-database-leaked.jpg
It could be the biggest data breach in India as the data leak in question over pertains to a database of over 120 million users of Reliance Jio. The website seems already a little sluggish and expected to go down soon as more users rush to find out if their personal data has been leaked. It took a couple or three tries for the number to show up on the website. It is not clear at this moment why this data has been leaked or how someone outside Jio got access to sensitive customer data.

We tried finding the details about the owner of the domain in question but seems to be hidden and marked private. Also we observed that those who got the Jio sim card during the preview offer are most affected. Recent numbers don’t seem to be found in the database. Also we were not able to see AADHAR of the customer from the limited numbers we tried.

UPDATE: Jio has provided the following quote responding to our story.

We have come across the unverified and unsubstantiated claims of the website and are investigating it. Prima facie, the data appears to be unauthentic. We want to assure our subscribers that their data is safe and maintained with highest security. Data is only shared with authorities as per their requirement. We have informed law enforcement agencies about the claims of the website and will follow through to ensure strict action is taken.

We still stand by our story. We have checked multiple Jio numbers of our own and 3rd parties on the website where the data has been leaked and our personal information is available.

On 7/10/2017 at 1:34 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

NO.. It doesn't looks like Jio's website.

EDIT:-

After some research, I found its FAKE.. Look here..

Didn't install the VPN surfeasy as suggested at http://getjiospeed.blogspot.in/2016/10/how-to-increase-reliance-jio-4g.html#comment-form 

However, added a New APN myNet with configuration as suggested and could experience better Browsing & Downloads compared to default RJio APN

thanks

The 2 Yr. Warranty on our Lyf handsets [Wind4=2 & Flame2=1] has expired and i want to dispose the handsets - Exchange for a device with Latest stock android version.  unfortunately, the LyfCare app displays our Profile [Name, Address, mobile number & E-mail ID]. However, I can uninstall the app, but it appears after "Factory Reset" & our profile is displayed!

I understand that, the LyfCare app & other OEM bloatware can be uninstalled by "Rooting" - i'm a beginner & request the experienced members here to suggest a working step-by-step root guide [web-link] for Wind4 & Flame2

thanks

one of my friends informs that, "there is no point in Rooting Lyf handsets to uninstall LyfCare app - the buyer of the handset can always install the LyfCare app from playstore & the profile is revealed!"

instead, he suggested to edit the profile as: Address: xxxxxx [for all fields]    E-mail: xxxxxx@lyf.com    Phone number: "rarely" used No. [for OTP from LyfCare].

However, Regd. Name can't be edited!

• Like 1