Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolrajiv

Sms Rap

Source - http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071010/asp/...ory_8417271.asp

SMS rap

New Delhi, Oct. 9 (PTI): Idea Cellular has been found guilty of deficiency in service for disconnecting the phone line of a consumer who had refused to pay an incorrect SMS bill.

The Delhi Consumer Commission recently slapped a penalty of Rs 8,000 on the company and ordered it to restore the number of Vikas Rathaur. It also asked Idea Cellular to revise his bill.

Rathaur had said he converted his pre-paid mobile connection into a post-paid one in August last year and subscribed to an offer of “1000 SMS free”.

The complainant was, however, charged for text messages in the next three months’ bills though he did not cross the limit during any calculation period.

The company did not take note of his complaints and disconnected his line for non-payment of bill.

Good that this consumer(Rathaur) took up this matter & the consumer commission took note of it & slapped a penalty on the guilty service provider

It is really strange that a big company like Idea indulges in such blatant disregard for basic business ethics. Serves them well. Hope it an eye-opener for all other telcos.

Idea is one of the worst companies for customer support.Their staff is one of the most illiterate people I have ever come across.

I am not surprised by what happened to the poor chap.

I have suffered at the hands of Idea myself.When I rehcharged with Rs. 98 to convert my SIM into I card I was promised that I will be given 1500 Idea to Idea local sms free but I never got it.When I mailed them they told me that offer is closed whereas I had confirmed it from their Idea n U showroom at Vasant Vihar.

Then again a few days ago my local as well std sms were charged @50 paise whereas my tariff is 25paise/sms.I complained to CC as well as mailed to them..The CC admitted there is some problme but the mail reply i got from Idea said there is no wrong deduction.I gave up.

Atleast with Reliance I never lost my money.

I dont want any BLOODY IDEA TO CHANGE MY LIFE!!!

^^^

Its great to hear that the operator had been slapped by a penalty of Rs.8000/-. The final decision went into the favour of the consumer.

All other cell operators : ARE YOU LISTENING ?

Regards.