Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nilesh_ku

Opera Mini On Tata's Brew Handsets

Source : Techtree News Staff

Opera Mini on Tata's BREW Handsets

In a first, Opera Software has partnered with Tata Teleservices to provide Opera Mini on the latter's upcoming BREW-enabled handsets.

Tata Teleservices' first BREW-enabled handset graced by Opera Mini will be Huawei's C2900i.

Not only is this the first delivery of Opera Mini on a BREW-enabled handset, but it also marks Opera's entry into the Indian telecom market.

While Tata Teleservices has always promoted mobile Internet use among the mass market in India, the arrival of Opera Mini on Tata's upcoming handsets means users will now have access to the full Web, including mobile blogging and social networking. And besides bringing Web content to mobile phones, Opera Mini will include features like bookmarks, secure email access, and online banking.

It will also support local language Web sites such as BBC Hindi, Dainik Bhaskar, etc.

According to Pankaj Sethi, president (VAS & Enterprise Marketing) of Tata Teleservices, Tata Indicom's superior CDMA capabilities, coupled with Opera Mini's unique capabilities, will bring a delightful browsing experience to customers.

Mobile Web on affordable mobile devices will open-up the power of the Internet to a huge base of mass consumers -- in a language of their choice, according to Jon von Tetzchner, chief executive officer of Opera Software.

Opera Mini uses a remote proxy server to pre-process Web pages before sending them to mobile phones. Web content is compressed to reduce the size of data transfers, enabling a faster browsing experience.

Opera Mini's Small Screen Rendering (SSR) reformats Web pages to fit inside the screen width, automatically doing away with the need for horizontal scrolling.

Alternatively, a new 'Desktop mode' gives users a wider view of the page. And, Opera Zoom functionality allows them to drive into the page, delivering dynamic navigation of page content.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will ever Brew enabled handset on RIM will see OPERA.

Thanks

Nilesh

Its just fantastic move to bring in Opera Mini through Brew......

Its open challenge to Reliance's garden wall approach of stripping the mobile browsers in all the handsets sold by them.

Does Reliance have guts to maintain net neutrality like TATA?

I dont understand your post !!!!!!!!!

I havebeen using opera since my handset purchased (NK6275), and its a freeware (operaMINI)

Any one can download from their site

I can surf wap as well as HTML pages

Did you mean tata using opera as default browser?

What is the speciality in that

Please clarify

Customized opera mini connects to specified proxy, hence fever errors and greater speed.

I havebeen using opera since my handset purchased (NK6275), and its a freeware (operaMINI)

Please clarify

Nokia 6275 is a java based handset.

Till now, opera was available only for java-based phones and not for BREW-based models like LG 6000, LG 6600 etc

Hence, it is for the first time that opera would work on a BREW phone with Tata.

Please clarify

Till now, opera was available only for java-based phones and not for BREW-based models like LG 6000, LG 6600 etc

Hence, it is for the first time that opera would work on a BREW phone with Tata.

Not completely correct.

In reliance mobile internet is supported only on WAP enabled phones and not on Java phones.

Non-WAP Java phone users(like LG6130) have to be content with hopeless jataayu browser.

In Brew phones mobile internet is completely unavailable.

Please clarify

Not completely correct.

In reliance mobile internet is supported only on WAP enabled phones and not on Java phones.

Non-WAP Java phone users(like LG6130) have to be content with hopeless jataayu browser.

In Brew phones mobile internet is completely unavailable.

Well, I think LG RD5130 is also a non WAP Java phone, But we can access internet through R-Surf.

Nilesh

My second handset was NK2280 on which i can surf with rsurf

which type of handset is that?