Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vishalsheth

Any Cdma Handset On Reliance

Any CDMA handset can be activated on Reliance. You need the ESN no. To reconfirm goto the reliance site and put a query for the same. Do post your feedback.

This is interesting news, if true.

Maybe you could give the link on RCOM's site for our benefit.

Edited by KumaarShah

This is interesting news, if true.

Maybe you could give the link on RCOM's site for our benefit.

Here's the link. http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...s/contactus.jsp

This is the reply I got from them

Dear Mr. Shah, This is with reference to your email regarding use of CDMA handset other than Reliance Communications. For availing Reliance Mobile services, you need a handset that has been tested for compatibility with Reliance CDMA 2000 1X network. You may visit our any of the Reliance Communications outlets to check out range of Reliance ready handsets. Thank you for being associated with us. Warm Regards, Abdul Choudhary

Customer Care For further information, you can contact us at

Web-site : www.reliancecommunications.co.in Email : customercare@relianceada.com The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which are subject to change without prior notice. This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Communications & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately.

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 12:22 PM

To: Chairmans.Office.Customer-Care@relianceada.com (Chairmans.Office.Customer-Care@relianceada.com)

Cc: corporatecentre.customercare@relianceada.com (corporatecentre.customercare@relianceada.com)

Subject: Response received in Contact CorporateCenter:www.reliancecommunications.co.in - 145062

Corporate Centre Customer Care - Reliance Communications

Name :

kalpak shah

Email :

kalpa

Address :

xxxxxx

Phone No :

079 25xxxxxx

I want to use CDMA handset I bought from USA for my existing number. Can you activate said handset? Said handset has ESN Number as follows ESN Hex: 36530xxx ESN Decimal: 05405xxxxx Handset make: Treo 700P My phone numnber: 93xxxxxxx Thanks, Kalpak

Let me check with the person who informed for the same and I'll update it here. People posting reply also let me know if you are corporate customer or individual.

For them I am corporate customer as I have about 20 connections taken under corporate plan and all are under CUG. Billing is all individual as per available option. My company has given consent to have billing address as my office address.

Any update regarding the same.

these guys only talk but not really do anything. I don't know if this was my bad luck or good luck. 2 people from Reliance did get in touch with me saying they'll do it. Non of them confirmed in writing. With the first one there were some emails communicated. The 2nd one did not give me in writing. I was clear to have it in writing and then I can proceed. I still have not heard from them. However, another person replied saying it cannot be done. People in reliance communication don't know what they are talking.

these guys only talk but not really do anything. I don't know if this was my bad luck or good luck. 2 people from Reliance did get in touch with me saying they'll do it. Non of them confirmed in writing. With the first one there were some emails communicated. The 2nd one did not give me in writing. I was clear to have it in writing and then I can proceed. I still have not heard from them. However, another person replied saying it cannot be done. People in reliance communication don't know what

Just put the RUIM card if you have and start talking. That is all. Every set will work, excepet rworld, for which you need Rcom compliance sw. If it is Jawa enabled internet browsing will also work.

@Prithviraj...

to bring you at par with the discussion here... we were talking about imported cdma phones from USA which work on software provisioning and lack RUIM slot or support... the deal is to activate these instruments with 'out of the reliance network e.s.n' here on the reliancde network in india...

@vishalsheth,

I hope you can get some success so that we all will be benefited out of it. Hoping for the best.

guys. Any hand set which can be bought in US and used here ? Currently using some nokia with that RIUM card. pls advice any good hand set with MP3 which can be purchased in US ans used here

^^^

no chetan not all... but some handsets have been successfully provisioned... like PPC 6700 has been converted to support RUIM hence support both TATA and RELIANCE here... similarly PPC 6800 & 6900 have been ventured into too... you might wanna run a search for details and insight...