Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yunus

Lg 6600, Finally Succeeded To Sync With Pc Using Data Cable

Hello Friends,

Has anyone tried to sync contacts using a USB cable? I tried with the one meant for 5130 ( Since the vendors do not yet have a cable specific for LG 6600) though it fitted perfectly well & even started charging the phone via the USB port, I am unable to sync as the LG sync manager gives an error that "USB port not Found"

I had a similar problem with the USB cable when I was using 5130 & after trying out different cables I found out that LG 5130 recognized only a serial cable. Is this the problem with 6600 also ???

Please help me if someone has successfully tried out a USB cable as I have to feed in more than 500 contacts or else I would have to switch to serial cable again. The only problem with the serial cable is that you have to buy a usb to serial converter also as nowadays laptops do not have a serial com port.

Yunus.

LG usually has pport selection on phone (from my experiance o 2030 and 7230) where you have to select port either USB or serial and baud rate. Try looking in these areas.

can we use bluetooth for pcsync in this handset?

Has anyone succeeded in uploading the address book by any means on this handset ?

Hi friends,

I didnot got any option to thansfer contact on RD 6600. So I took the RUIM card and installed in my GSM handset, then sync with outlook and took out RUIM and installed it back in RD6600. Only solution I found. which I shared with all..

If any one gets any data cable for this handset. please post the make or model.

Has anyone succeeded in uploading the address book by any means on this handset ?

I went to LG Service Center and got my phone book transferred from LG 7230. But all the mobile numbers appeared in Home phone and vice versa. So it again caused extra work to shift the numbers.

After lot of R&D since last 15 Days, I have finally succeeded in syncing LG6600 with PC using data cable with a USB interface.

First a fact about the data Cable.

The USB Data cables for LG phones available in the market is actually a serial cable with a USB interface. It's actually a 2-in1 cable i.e a USB to serial converter & serial data cable with a connector for LG phones on the other end. This is the reason the USB driver does not work. ( I wonder if this fact is known by LG techies !! )

Step by Step Guide :

1) Use a USB cable meant for 5130 if you can't find one for 6600 as the socket on the phone for data cable is same(or any other LG handset as I suspect all must be same)

2) Install driver for USB to Serial converter cable. Google for "PL-2303" & you will find the driver. (If requested I can upload it here also)

3) Install driver for LG serial cable. (you will find this in the "LGCOM" directory on the installation CD which comes along with the cable). Again I used the driver meant for 5130 but I guess any other model will do. But it is necessary that you install driver for serial cable & not USB cable

4) Go to Menu--->Settings--->Line Speed & set it to 115K

5) Now go to configurations in LG sync manager, on communications setting tab select the port where u have inserted the cable & select communication type as serial.

Now Run the sync manager & you are all set to connect to your PC !!!

No. Sync is possible only thru Data Cable

the entries that u make via a cable in phone...when the no call u ...u wont get any ring..

i mean to say

aap mera no comp se apne phone par dalo..ok then main aapko call karoon...screen pe call aayegi par ring nahin bajegi na vibra hoga

ask any asc guy...from lg...

aisa pata nahin kyon hai par aisa hota hai

i have seen in many lg handsets.,...

works perfectly for me. Nothing like you mentioned happens !!

Dear All,

I am using Nokia 6265 from last 9 months but because of some hardware problems I am thinking to purchase LG RD6600. Now I have some questions before purchasing the handsets, so can anyone (An existing user of the handset) help me out please?

1. I have around 300 contact names with multiple numbers stored in the Nokia 6265 mobile memory & I have syncd with Outlook, Can I transfer all the entries to RD 6600?

2. I am a frequent traveller with high usage & limited options to charge the battery, What could be the battery back up of RD6600 in real talk time?

3. While travelling, I use 6265 as modem for my laptop to connect internet, presently I am using Nokia CA-53 USB data cable. Can I use RD-6600 as same way to connect Internet & which data cable I have to purchase for that?

Please help me out with the answers at the earliest.

Regards,

Shantanu

I use bluetooth to sync my 6250.

I use a USB bluetooth adapter on the PC.

Its driver has created bluetooth COMmunication port.

Through this COM port I am able to sync 6250 with the PC.

Should work with 6600 also as the principle is the same.

imho, i dont think syncing is possible thru bluetooth. 6600 supports only a minimal and basic subset of bluetooth features. In the LG Desktop (LG Desktop->Sychronization->Configure Synchronization->Communications Setting) the bluetooth COM ports are not listed. It will list only the physical ports and the port created by the lg phone driver. and that port will be available only when we connect the usb cable to the phone.

1. I have around 300 contact names with multiple numbers stored in the Nokia 6265 mobile memory & I have syncd with Outlook, Can I transfer all the entries to RD 6600?

Ans:- Yes you can do that.

2. I am a frequent traveller with high usage & limited options to charge the battery, What could be the battery back up of RD6600 in real talk time?

Ans:- About 2.5 - 3 hours

3. While travelling, I use 6265 as modem for my laptop to connect internet, presently I am using Nokia CA-53 USB data cable. Can I use RD-6600 as same way to connect Internet & which data cable I have to purchase for that?

Ans:- Yes you can use RD6600.

Serial Data Cable - Model: LG-DC300DJ-X

USB Cable - Model: LG-USB8100-X

Dear All,

I am using Nokia 6265 from last 9 months but because of some hardware problems I am thinking to purchase LG RD6600. Now I have some questions before purchasing the handsets, so can anyone (An existing user of the handset) help me out please?

Regards,

Shantanu

imho, i dont think syncing is possible thru bluetooth. 6600 supports only a minimal and basic subset of bluetooth features. In the LG Desktop (LG Desktop->Sychronization->Configure Synchronization->Communications Setting) the bluetooth COM ports are not listed. It will list only the physical ports and the port created by the lg phone driver. and that port will be available only when we connect the usb cable to the phone.

Yes you are right.

The LG Desktop software for 6600 does not have Bluetooth support. It supports only Serial and USB.

Whereas LG Desktop software for 6250 supports Serial, USB, and Bluetooth. (I use 6250 via bluetooth)

I have a strong urge to suggest those who have

a. bluetooth on their computer and

b. 6600

to try syncing 6600 using software for 6250 via bluetooth.

Regards

Edited by rshivk

Dear All,

Regards,

Shantanu

Thanks Buddy.

Still I am not sure & totally confused which handset I shall purchase. Beacuse before Nokia 6265, I have used LG RD 6130 & according to my experience, battery back up was pathetic & once the battery drains out, you can not switch on again just to refer the phone book also!! But in Nokia phones, at least, you can switch on & can refer phone book.

My basic need is r-connect, large phone book, PC sync, Very good battery backup, External memory support, Blue tooth & a basic camera for urgent clicking any item. MP3 & video recording are not must.

I was very happy with my present 6265 but from last 2 months it is giving me lots of trouble & its warranty is going to be expired on next month & that is why I just want to sell it off & want to purchase a handset, not very costly but not very cheap also because CDMA's resale value is really pathetic.

Can any one help me out with some suggestions please?

Regards,

Shantanu

Dear All,

Regards,

Shantanu

Thanks Buddy.

Still I am not sure & totally confused which handset I shall purchase. Beacuse before Nokia 6265, I have used LG RD 6130 & according to my experience, battery back up was pathetic & once the battery drains out, you can not switch on again just to refer the phone book also!! But in Nokia phones, at least, you can switch on & can refer phone book.

My basic need is r-connect, large phone book, PC sync, Very good battery backup, External memory support, Blue tooth & a basic camera for urgent clicking any item. MP3 & video recording are not must.

I was very happy with my present 6265 but from last 2 months it is giving me lots of trouble & its warranty is going to be expired on next month & that is why I just want to sell it off & want to purchase a handset, not very costly but not very cheap also because CDMA's resale value is really pathetic.

Regards,

Shantanu

I will suggest you to consider buying moto KRZR (Dont know much about RAZR but may be RAZR too) but it has 1000 phone book, good battery backup, standard USB cable (This is best part, so your phone is charged when you use on laptop), supports modem, USB mass storage device, good camara, bluetooth, ecellent music player. No radio. It cost 10.5K.

And probably above all, MOTOROLA may have better services than nokia. Nokia took more than 25 days to change body of my 6155. Its BL6C battery is not available in service station because not commonly used in GSM. Etc etc.

And if you can wait for 3-6 months or so, wait, you may be able to migrate to GSM.

@ Shantanu,

I am using LG6600 since the last 20 days & I feel it will meet almost all of your requirements. The only grey area is the battery life, but since the phone can be charged using the USB cable while you connect to the net thru rconnect, you will not run out of the battery so soon. Rconnect can also be connected thru blurtooth.

Yunus.

Edited by yunus

Have any one succeeded in sending a file from rd6600 to a computer using bluetooth? I was able to send files from computer to 6600 but when i try to send from phone to computer, the phone is displaying "Waiting for Accepting..." and nothing happens.

Edited by san73

Yes I tried and succeeded in sending.

You need to map com port geting used for this transfer to RD6600 in computer's bloototh softwares quick config option. then only it will work.

Have any one succeeded in sending a file from rd6600 to a computer using bluetooth? I was able to send files from computer to 6600 but when i try to send from phone to computer, the phone is displaying "Waiting for Accepting..." and nothing happens.

I tried with 6250 software but it gives error "failed to initilize connection with phone, sync failed".

As mentioned in product note @ LG mobiles and as I observed in service discovery when connected to my PC, RD6600 dose not support bluetooth sync for any thing like file, folder,contact etc......

Yes you are right.

The LG Desktop software for 6600 does not have Bluetooth support. It supports only Serial and USB.

Whereas LG Desktop software for 6250 supports Serial, USB, and Bluetooth. (I use 6250 via bluetooth)

I have a strong urge to suggest those who have

a. bluetooth on their computer and

b. 6600

to try syncing 6600 using software for 6250 via bluetooth.

Regards

Dear All,

Regards,

Shantanu

Thanks Buddy.

Regards,

Shantanu

I have the Moto KRZR K1m since about a month and I believe according to your usage that would be very good choice.

The battery for me works for about 2 days with about a total of 1 hr calls and 7-8 hrs of music usage. So it would definitely work for you for a good 1-1.5 day(s). And as earlier mentioned by kshah it has USB charging which will be really beneficial. It comes with a USB cable so you dont need to buy anything extra.

All in all i would suggest you to go for the new KRZR K1m or the RAZR V3m as I have used both of them without any problems till date.

Edited by superman2ster

Hi Guys,

I will be greatlly obliged, if any one you'll could guide me where to find the pc sync for lg rd 6600. I have a previous data cable lg-usb-4000, whether it can be used for the sync purpose.

Thanks in advance

rgrds,

vm