Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

Send Free Sms To Any Phone In India

HYDERABAD: Way2SMS, a leading messaging solutions portal, has allowed its users to send SMSes free of cost across the nation.

Way2SMS also claimed that they bring unique and innovative mobile advertising and branding opportunities in the form of mobitisement (advertisement on mobile phone).

Talking to media persons here today V V Raju, CEO of the company said that users have to log on to Way2SMS to send SMS. Registered users can send free SMSes across the nation. It's not mandatory to register with Way2SMS to receive SMS. All types of mobile phones receive these messages," he said.

"Our country has become the fastest growing telecom market in the world. Around February last year, India overtook Russia to become the third largest mobile market," he added.

India's total mobile subscriber base now stands at 237 mn in comparison with China's 534 million, US's 257 mn. At current growth rate, India will cross the 264 million mark by May or May-end, overtaking the US," Raju said.

"India is expected to have 450 million mobile subscribers by the turn of the decade, which means every third Indian will have his/her own mobile phone by 2010. This growth also gives a great potential for SMS too. SMS in India is expected to grow from 59 billion messages in 2006, to 180 billion in 2010," he added.

More Info: http://way2SMS.com

Link: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/N...how/2960251.cms

Note: If this has been posted elsewhere on this forum, mods/admins may please delete this post. It has appeared in todays online ET and hence I have posted here.

Edited by KumaarShah

Pls be aware (beware) of such companies. Their privacy policy states that they will share your personal information with their partners. It is evidently clear that you will start receiving crank mails and SMS's on your mobile and e-mails. Register at your own risk only.

Looks like a good service. But I agree with dkaile. There are chances that you will receive more spam now.

^^^

My dear friends, free sms across the nation is really cool. But at the same time their will be a possibility of some kind of adware spreading through these free sms's.

Regards.

I don't know why Economic Times featured this article yesterday. This company (Way2Sms) is around for at least a year offering the service. They offer this service not for free, they earn revenue from sponsoring companies whose advt.s are carried out at the end of each sms. The sms is only 92 characters long including space instead of normal 160 characters, and you are allowing the company to insert a disturbing advt. in each and every sms and the receiver of your sms is bound to read a pesky advt. through your sms! You are receiving the free service and the addressee is reading the advt. This is not fair at all.

I got registered with Way2Sms way back, at least a year ago. Their service is quite irratic. It's quite cumbersome to get registration done. You are not sure, when you will get the password of your account served on your mobile. After a long wait when you get the password finally, and when you send an sms to somebody, you are not sure when that will reach the addressee. There is no option of delivery confirmation. And many a times it happens that an old sms reaches late while a new one gets delivered early, spoiling the sequence of your conversation altogether. Sometimes it does not reach at all. You can check it yourself by sending test messages to yourself. That is why I seldom used this service.

In today's world of very cheap sms packages offered by almost all operators, this will not be going to be a very great success.

Instead, if any service is introduced where the caller and the called person, while making voice calls, listen to an advertisement for few seconds every minute to make the call free, may succeed. This is my opinion.

Edited by sougatadc

As I am on DAPO, this service has no utility for me.

I agree with all the above people that it is an intrusion to our pivacy apart from being a nuisance in the form of unwanted advts.

This post was only for those people who want free SMS across the nation. But let them weigh the pros and cons carefully before jumping onto the bandwagon.