Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sanjay0501

8130 Pearl Bad Esn Phone Strange Situation

I recently bought a brand new Verizon 8130 pearl on eBay in the US.The seller mentioned bad E$N in the description. Now when my sis got delivery, punching in the #4357* code showed the phone no. as 000 000 4954 but when she dialled *228 and finished the IVR without punching in any codes or numbers, the phone number changed to 419 389 XXXX. And surprisingly she can make and receive cals on that number. Now how is it possible that a no. can be activated without anybody requesting for the same and if calls r made from that phone, who will be charged, considering nobody has applied for a new no. Also when dialling ##000000 the screen says UR FEATURE UPDATE CANNOT BE COMPLETED.

Hope someone can throw some light on this. She is scared that it might be a stolen phone and she will get in trouble cos she switched it on and latched on to Verizon network, which means she can be traced. All the time the network was Verizon.

Thanks in advance

Ask her to switch off the handset and remove battery, some where far from her residence/office.

if she got proof of purchase from Ebay she dont have to worry, but still precaution is better thn cure.

ask her to send it to u A S A P, if u intend it to get it here later.

not an serious issue as such, i once had working sprint USA number on my imported MOGUL on international roaming.

Ask her to switch off the handset and remove battery, some where far from her residence/office.

if she got proof of purchase from Ebay she dont have to worry, but still precaution is better thn cure.

not an serious issue as such, i once had working sprint USA number on my imported MOGUL on international roaming.

Thanks, these precautions I have already taken and the phone was switched off with the battery removed sepatately.

Yes the proof of purchase from eBay is there.

Well getting the phone to India might have to wait till somebody is coming, mebbe a coupla months.

Well incidentally all my used cell phones I buy from US are able to connect to Reliance network with international roaming, but i cant make calls with those phones. In this case it was a brand new Verizon phone and OTA programming was done for this phone and then it started working and the strange thing is calls could be made.

Anyway will go into diagnostics once I get it here. A long wait maybe <_<

Thanks for all your advice and help

P.s. May need more of ur help once I get the phone here :GirandoOjos:

Thanks, these precautions I have already taken and the phone was switched off with the battery removed sepatately.

Yes the proof of purchase from eBay is there.

Well getting the phone to India might have to wait till somebody is coming, mebbe a coupla months.

Well incidentally all my used cell phones I buy from US are able to connect to Reliance network with international roaming, but i cant make calls with those phones. In this case it was a brand new Verizon phone and OTA programming was done for this phone and then it started working and the strange thing is calls could be made.

Anyway will go into diagnostics once I get it here. A long wait maybe <_<

Thanks for all your advice and help

P.s. May need more of ur help once I get the phone here :GirandoOjos:

Boringly repetitive: RIMWEB, Always "Happy to Help" <_<

Not empty words, concrete Action. :GirandoOjos: