Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandanbs

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus Billing Cycle

Hi folks,

i thought of sharing the Reliance NetConnect Broadband Plus billing cycle details to newcomers.

I had bought the EVDO Huwei modem on 17th of April and got it activated on 20th April 2009. I happily downloads couple of movies and used around 9 GB till 7th May thinking that the billing cycle would be till 20th of May.

To my horror, i received the bill on 8th May with over limit charges for (2.5 GB => 5000 Rs) even though i hadnt crossed 10 GB limit. And my connection became inactive even though the last date for paying bills is May 25.

A Reliance customer care guy calls me and says your have crossed your limit and thats why its deactivated till you pay the bill.

Then, i recalculated the days of usage and found its between 20th April and 7th May thats around 17 days. They have calculated the usage on pro-rata basis, so it would be somewhere around 5-6 GB for 17 days which i found out only today!!!!!!!!!!!!.

And the billing cycle is actually starts from [8th of month x to 7th of next month].

Guys who are getting it activated in the late of any month, beware to use the net meagerly and make sure your limits for the first month.!!!!!!

Tata indicom has a billing cycle of 20 to 20 of every month, and i fell into this trap.

there is no special thing in billing cycle. its same for any operator any postpaid coxn be it l.l. fwp. modem. sim .u hav to take care of ths pro rata system

then why did i have billing cycle of 20th to 21th in tata indicom and 7th to 7th in Reliance? i used to have a due date of 5th of everymonth for tata indicom and now.. for reliance the due date is 15th of every month.

wah re india; we introduce high speed broadband and then are charged 5000/- for 2.5 gb; must be the costliest in the world; fup ****s and should be removed immediately or at least made into a more practical figure; i am personally avoiding taking this broadband just because of this reason;

Customers are always harassed when there is a dispute occurs. 95% of customers in India do not read the terms and conditions of the application forms. When a customer decides to purchase a service or item they are simply ignore the terms and conditions and signs the contract form. The agent or the selsperson points the places where signatures are required. To my opinion this practice is wrong and please spend your half an hour to read and understand the terms and conditions. Ask questions to the sales person if you have got any doubt. Do not try to reach to a conclusion of your own and even if you have reached to a conclusion, get that varified from the company. All sharks are around to eat up your hard earned money. Hope you have taken a note from the incident and thanks for posting the experience so that some person may avoid the trap.

IMHO the first billing cycle should be advised immediately on signing up. Why cheat customers like this? Business ethics should be there. Or better still would be to give benefit to the customer in the 1st bill and include a note or warning to the effect. But who cares? All want to jack up their revenues and arpu's at any cost.

If you ask sales guy they are aware about billing cycles. usually every company has 2 or 3 billing cycles in a month.

then why did i have billing cycle of 20th to 21th in tata indicom and 7th to 7th in Reliance? i used to have a due date of 5th of everymonth for tata indicom and now.. for reliance the due date is 15th of every month.

Im surprised at your statement.

Why does BSNL have 1st - 30th billing Cycle ?

Why do some electricity bills have 2 months billing Cycle ?

Every telecom operator has various diff Bill cycles & its normal not to co-incide with other right ?

To my opinion this practice is wrong and please spend your half an hour to read and understand the terms and conditions. Hope you have taken a note from the incident and thanks for posting the experience so that some person may avoid the trap.

Even if you read the entire terms & conditions, there's no solution to this problem as RComm doesn't give you the luxury to pre-determine your BC. So the trap is ever-open.

If you ask sales guy they are aware about billing cycles. usually every company has 2 or 3 billing cycles in a month.

There are yes.. but nobody can tell you the exact BC before hand in Reliance.. not even after activation as its automatic.

But as you said, a word of caution will keep Customers prepared.

Nevertheless.. the issue of pro-rata billing is very serious as unsuspecting Customers will get shocks in the 1st month whereas Rcomm on the other hand, will get lucky...

Else what will you do with a newly bought, barred & locked HSD ?

Hi all,

i agree with all of you guys.

But, somethings are so complicated with "customer care" fellows that they dont clearly say what the billing cycle for my connection is. i had raised this issue with one of CC guys, they first told me that your billing cycle starts from 28th of everymonth. Then, i argued, why i have been charged till 7th, there was no answer from that person. He said he will look into it.

One thing i observe, its very hard to keep up and monitor the data usage in this type of connection. I now realised it!!. Since the speed is so unbelievable, and if you are the guy who downloads movies of 700 MB size couple of times a week, and turn on Microsoft Auto Updates feature, then it will quickly drain your bandwidth of 10 GB in no time.

To tell you the fact, i downloaded few movies 5-6 and had turned on my Vista auto-updates, i have now used up 8.1 GB in 12 days and still 17 more days to go!!!!