Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mantraway

Reliance May Follow Net Price Reduction!

State owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has reduced it's net surfing call charges by 60%. The revised tariff will be applicable for the off peak surfing time only. Rightnow Bsnl is charging Rs 7.20/Hour for making a data call (17xxxx series no's only) between 10:30 pm to 6:00 am. As per revised rates they will now charge Rs 4.80/Hour.

Reliance infocomm may follow net charges reduction, if they want to capture Internet users. After all speed of R-Connect is not ver much better than Dial-up (PSTN) Connection.

Edited by sumit123

I don’t think just reduction in access charges is going to help Reliance much. Reliance has got a customer only in RIM. In FWP/ FWT base is very small.

In RIM u hv to pay 200 as subscription charges per month. Whereas in Sancharnet and VSNL u get a pre paid package with night access from 11 to 8 free.

In other option u pay Re 1 / min. I think it is useful only for rare users. Prepaid customers can enjoy free Rconnect maximum.

For users like me, who use internet daily BSNL with Sancharnet is the best.

Net Access through BSNL now costs

7.30 am to 10.30 pm - 9.60 per hour

10.30 pm to 7.30 am- 4.80 per hour ( also on sundays and 3 national holidays)

Net charges during come to around Rs. 5 per hour and free at nights / sundays

Reliance is quickly ceasing to be an option , except for the very mobile people who wish to access the net through their own machines ( otherwise net cafe's are cheaper but too insecure )

Edited by Ashutosh

Now on BSNL during peak hours I pay 16 paisa per minute and 8 paisa per min for sancharnet connection. RIM should reduce internet access charges to about 25 paisa per minute for being competitive.

i took reliance FWP ONLY FOR INTERNET connection and now it seems since BSNL have reduced the tariff there is no use of FWP. time for me to switch to lowest plan if reliance did not match price of BSNL. :D

also vsnl do not charge for internet charges between 11:00pm to 7:00 am why not reliance also make this free for atleast FWP as they come in same category?