Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

How You Handle Calls missed due to active data connection?

Hi All,

I know that CDMA technology cannot handle calls when data connection is active, I want to know how you guys handle this situation and whats the workaround. In GSM, the data stops immediately and calls gets connected but this is not the case with CDMA.

So, there is an active data download/upload, and at the same time if someone calls, what kind of response the caller gets, does he gets busy message or call waiting and in both the cases how would I come to know whether I someone is calling me or not ?

Also is there any work around like calls forwarding, etc to overcome this limitation?

Really want to get clear picture, hope you tech gurus help me out !

Thanks in advance....

^ i use to forward my calls to my other prepaid no. in that situation by dialing *3019xxxxxxxxx.. thats my workaround for this.. however text messages still deliver on my postpaid no.

Edited by aalok

As Aalok said call forward is only one workaround.

get a R-R free and divert your calls to other reliance number.

also sms send receive works while data is on.

:previous:Thanks Alok and Hitesh for quick response.

Please tell me, call forwarding can be done for non Reliance local numbers too or only to local Reliance numbers?

That's not the solution.But there must be some work around for it.Techies please help us.I also miss many calls during active data connection.The caller gets phone not reachable message.

Dr Mfaddal and Dhiraj can help us.

^ Call forwarding to other number will do but it attract charges as per your voice plan.. however, you'll have to check the connectivity between Reliance & other Operator, like, for me, am not able to divert my RCDMA calls to my BSNL GSM No. :( You can check it by dialing *301<Cell No>, if the IVR returns you the message "Please Check the no. you've dialled", then you can not get the diverted calls..

Reason to edit : typo error

Edited by aalok

Tried to forward calls to Local Airtel number and its activated successfully ! Thanks !

Now tell me whats the code to activate only when the number is busy ?

Is it same *301 or something else ?

^ *305<phone no.> to activate & *306 to deactivate..

Call Divert Activation & Deactivation Codes :

Immediate

*301<cell no.> - Activate

*302 - Deactivate

When Busy

*305<cell no.> - Activate

*306 - Deactivate

When Not Reachable

*303<cell no.> - Activate

*304 - Deactivate

To cancel all call diverts *308

• Like 1

I diled *303XXXXXXXXXX (vodafone delhi number). and the IVR said "Call Forwarding Activated".

But when I swtiched off my Reliance CDMA number, and dialed my RCDMA no from airtel landline phone, after few beeps heard a message

"Please check the number you have dialed".

does call forwarding takes some time to get really activated?? or is it instantenous?

this is very old issue of RCOM's call forwarding facility.. I can not forward my voice calls from my RCDMA to my BSNL no., what more, even i'm not able to forward my RCDMA's call to RGSM (9696xxyxxx) but my other RGSM no. (9026xxyxxx) works perfectly fine..

I diled *303XXXXXXXXXX (vodafone delhi number). and the IVR said "Call Forwarding Activated".

But when I swtiched off my Reliance CDMA number, and dialed my RCDMA no from airtel landline phone, after few beeps heard a message

"Please check the number you have dialed".

does call forwarding takes some time to get really activated?? or is it instantenous?

There maybe a possibility , Do the following but I'm not sure:

First press *308 then CALL

Afterwards press *4100 then CALL

Wait 5 minits

Afterwards press *410 then CALL

Wait 5 minits

Then try with your proceedure

What does *4100, *410 do???

Thanks Alok for all the infos

RIM Gurus ..

Will this problem of calls not getting through while active Data connection be ever resolved in future for CDMA. I mean probably in 1x or EVDO in future?

If not, is it a better idea to switch to GSM to enjoy SmartPhone Data services in a better way?

Please guide.