Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

HTC Sprint Hero and Samsung Moment Will Not Get Froyo

Source : http://www.techtremor.com/2010/06/29/htc-hero-and-samsung-moment-will-not-get-android-2-2/

ccording to Sprint’s tweets the HTC Hero and Samsung Moment will not be getting the update to Android 2.2, otherwise known as Froyo. I would say it comes as a surprise on the Samsung Moment as hardware specs, in reality, aren’t far from some of the 2.1 android devices released this year. The HTC Hero on the other hand is a little dated with its 500Mhz processor. It’s a little sad that both devices will be deprived of the update. With the new JIT compiler offering 2-5x speed boosts it was something most Hero and Moment users where looking forward too. Sprint has yet to cite reason behind the abandonment. With the massive amounts of marketing around the HTC Evo and the upcoming Samsung Epic 4G, however; there may be an obvious reason.

Sprint also stated in its tweet that any other phones released this year with 2.1 will be getting the update. For those of you debating an upgrade this might just be the nail in the coffin.

What do you think of the announcement? A push into the new handsets or is obsoleting the Hero and Moment legitimate?

Once the Official Froyo is launched XDA will be able to offer more better rom

^^^

Now we can see more stable and powerfull Hero !!

Dk ka sapana sach hogaya :Contento: , Akhir Froyo mil hi gaya. !:GirandoOjos:

hello every1 .....

Actually I want a shipped rom for SPRINT SAMSUNG MOMENT as i want to root it

so if you found it give the link

thank you in advance