Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sanjaypande

Rconnect On Rd5130

I just bought a usb data cable yesterday and was told that the data cable is standard for LG phones. The Reliance website only has drivers and instructions for 2030 on Mac OS X (Panther). Followed instructions for that and the OS recognizes the usb port however the dialer does not work. I am stuck there. Any advice?

1) Will the drivers to 2030 work?

2) Where can I get OS X drivers for 5130?

3) Is RD5130 licensed from some other manufacturer (like Qualcomm?)

The customer service at Reliance is of no use as they give a standard answer as this is unsupported.

Thanks

Sanjay

go to www.ftdichip.com for finding the original drivers for the OEM datacable.

The same chip is used in the OEM cable.GO to the VCP drivers section and select ur OS for more :)

i was having the same prob and after all tried i went for LG RD5130 serial cable &

driver 2230 serial cable,it's working nice in win98 & XP,both the driver of LG 5130

& 2230 serial is same.

I just bought a usb data cable yesterday and was told that the data cable is standard for LG phones. The Reliance website only has drivers and instructions for 2030 on Mac OS X (Panther). Followed instructions for that and the OS recognizes the usb port however the dialer does not work. I am stuck there. Any advice?

1) Will the drivers to 2030 work?

2) Where can I get OS X drivers for 5130?

3) Is RD5130 licensed from some other manufacturer (like Qualcomm?)

The customer service at Reliance is of no use as they give a standard answer as this is unsupported.

Thanks

Sanjay

23026[/snapback]

Hi Ganesh,

I have the same problem with LG 5130 and a third party USB cable. OS is WinXP with SP1. Can I use some driver from the site (ftdicip.com) you have mentioned and install RConnect succesfully ? If yes, please tell me which driver I should use.

Thanks in advance.

mani

Depends on what chip ur cable has :) .open your cable box and find what is written on the chip.google the chips name and find out the manufacturer.u should get the latest driver from the manufacturers website :(