Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Upgrading To Gingerbread 2.3.4 On Samsung Galaxy-S Gsm

*UPDATE* - For procedure to upgrade to 2.3.4 see the post#11 on this page

In continuation to my purchase here - http://www.rimweb.in...se/page__st__23

Uninstall any 1click lag fixes installed on Samsung Galaxy-S before updating to Froyo 2.2 through Kies...

Updated 2 phones yesterday; 1 ended up with bricked with blank screen as it had lag fixes installed;

Solution: Boot into recovery : first press and hold volume up, then press and hold bottom Home button, then press and hold power button. You should now be holding all three buttons.

When something happens, release power button only.

Now, in the middle of the screen is an option to reset/reboot phone. Navigate to that using volume down button and select it using the bottom button.

This will factory reset/reboot your phone. Phone boots up into Froyo normally...

Edited by dkaile

i updated galaxy-s through kies. After the update, the phone used to get hanged very frequently. i had to send the phone to service centre. there they informed me not to upgrade through kies and better to get it updated at service centre. whatever went wrong due to update, initially they were going to replace the motherboard but upon my insisting they have agreed to change and give me a new handset as i had bought it only few days back. already recd. D.O. from service centre & submitted to my dealer. now waiting for new handset to come. i have been told that the new phone will have build in froyo 2.2

^

Only thing is that people dont follow some basic's of andoid while updating; If you do a factory reset while in 2.1 and then upgrade and then again do a factory reset after coming on 2.2 before starting to use, you will have zero lag issues... this is equivalent to wipe through custom recovery... jfyi...

^^^after unboxing the first thing i did was updating to 2.2.. still factory reset was necessary???

^

if u are updating from 2.1, its preferable; however in ur case if u hv just unboxed and not synced any data to google servers, then u can proceed straightaway with the update...

^^^ didn't sync any data, nor even uploaded my contacts in phone directory.. but i didn't do any factory reset even after updating to 2.2

^

that would have sorted out any lag issues rather than going to the service centre C's...

In continuation to my purchase here - http://www.rimweb.in...se/page__st__23

Uninstall any 1click lag fixes installed on Samsung Galaxy-S before updating to Froyo 2.2 through Kies...

Updated 2 phones yesterday; 1 ended up with bricked with blank screen as it had lag fixes installed;

Solution: Boot into recovery : first press and hold volume up, then press and hold bottom Home button, then press and hold power button. You should now be holding all three buttons.

When something happens, release power button only.

Now, in the middle of the screen is an option to reset/reboot phone. Navigate to that using volume down button and select it using the bottom button.

This will factory reset/reboot your phone. Phone boots up into Froyo normally...

Please post the link to do the uninstall process.

Also, it unclear what your solution is for. Is it for the phone with lag fixes? Thanks for clarifying.

^

uninstalling any app you have installed (like e.g. 1clicklagfix) is to be done through settings-apps like you would do for any other app... duh... I thought that was evident...

the solution I have posted is NOT for lag fix but for unbricking your phone if it gets stuck on black screen after froyo update...

@all - there is some inherent lag is Samsung Galaxy-S GSM which was there since beginning and is still there even after froyo update but I found that it reduces itself with time... otherwise you can use 1clicklagfix or similar again after froyo update....

:previous:

Ahh, its an app. :grin:

I thot it was something link 1 click root. LOL

Thanks for clarifying.

*UPDATE*

Updated my Friends Phone to CM7 (Gingerbread 2.3.4). Followed the Full Update Guide here - http://wiki.cyanogen...ll_Update_Guide

The phone was in bricked state when my friend brought it to me. Luckily it was going into download mode only. So first of all I odin'ed it back to 2.2, tutorial for this one here - http://www.techlivez...d-2-2-tutorial/ Then I flashed it CM7. Please remember that the CM7 update files need to be in internal memory and not sd card as the phone does not recognize sd card till cm7 is fully flashed.

Now on Cyanogenmod 7 RC1, this phone has just turned into a Ferrari from a Ambassador.... lolz...

Edited by dkaile

Is it yet going good now? I'm on GB 2.3.3. Is there a way to have Datta backed before following this procedure? I'm planning to follow this procedure.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2