Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sasuboor

NV Read Error While Writing PRL to BlackBerry 8830 WE - Please Help

Extremely confused and frustrated : Trying to flash a Verizon Blackberry 8830 World Edition to Tata Indicom but I've just not been able to succeed

What I have done till now

Tried loading the PRL with QPST(2.7 build 323 since I was unable to find build 215) but I dont get the screen where I can select surf7500bb. On one of the posts i read that I should lower my OS from 4.5 to 4.2.2(by JL Commander) which I did but no luck. I still do not get the screen and on skipping this I get NV Read error.

Then on another post I read that I should look at my SPC, it might be incorrect so I generated a bin file with the help of Unicdma to get the SPC. As expected SPC is 000000

On another post I read that I should check my ESN and write the ESN values directly to the memory adress' with QXDM 3.09.19. I also tried to look at the ESN with the help RequestNVItemRead esn. Gives me DIAG TX item esn=0x00000000 and DIAG RX item esn=0x4CD18F44. Dont know what to do next because I dont have the commands for QXDM3.09.19

Please can some experienced members give me a step by step guide to get the Verizon Blackberry 8830 World Edition to Tata Indicom.

I am trying to get around this since last one week but without any luck

You should install lowest possible OS to your BB. I used BBSAK to install. Also, use desktop manager 4.7 and not the latest one