Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ReshadatAli

Cannot Connect BlackBerry 8330M To *228 for activation

Hi guys,

I have a blackberry 8330m bought via ebay.com. I've registered its meid via sadikk bhai. The problem is that I cannot do *228 on this phone. It does catches reliance network. But cant do *228. it give engage tones and disconnects.

I've uploaded reliance PRL via QXDM but still the same problem.

Please help as I'm having this phone for the past one month and it is useless to me.

Thanks.

I can put up the nam settings if anybody needs them.

is your blackberry 8330m of SPRINT make..?? i had faced this problem in sprint 8330m & banged my head for the solution.. sprint blackberries never accept *228. instead of doing *228, get the no. transferred through the reliance world (webworld) & manually punch MIN no. in the handset.. your phone will become active..

* Thanks a ton to Genius, Tushar bhai, Hetal Bhai, for this solution..

Yes. exactly man! Thanks a ton. Will try that for sure. The problem is that these ww guys dnt know anything. Anyways, will try the solution. I'm too bnging my hed for the past one month.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. Will let you know if it works

*228 never worked for me in bb in almost 14 bb sets. It has to go manual min input only. Go for it...

RSN transfer is the best option for changing a number. Never go with a HCC/

The ww guy took my phone, did *228 and declared that this phone cannot be used with reliance. Anyways will go to web world again on monday and ask him to transfer number and give me the min number. Min is only needed right?

Also, what about internet? will it work out of the box? There is no browser even. Are there any pointers on how to get internet working on this phone. evdo if posible else 1x.

It has got something to do with service books but I'm not sure.

Thanks

^ they (webworld guys) cannot give you MIN no.. you need to get it by yourself.. if your existing no. is on RUIM, better to extract the MIN from RUIM itself.. then ask the webworld guy to transfer the no. on the current MEID.. just get it done..

Internet WILL never work out of the box, as its imported handset.. Regarding EVDO, you can follow post & if you want 1x only, PM me, will give you all the details.. :)

Ok. Will do it. Will get a nokia cdma and extract the min. Hope that'll solve the issue. I've registered the meid for evdo too. will keep an eye on the thread. Right now it is filled with praise messages.

Pming you regarding 1x data.

Thanks

Try calling *228001/*228002

or you can also do it by loading sprint prl and do *228 and after activation, jump back to reliance prl.

Though when in sprint prl, phone should be on reliance network.

Edited by SumitVerma

^^^ Sumit dont you think entering MIN manually is a easy solution than all the 228 fus and jumping from prl's

It is indeed, but only when the number is pre-activated.

In his case, he needs to suffer with WW guys giving a request for non-ota meid change.

Using HCC is always preferred I suppose. If he is comfy with going WW, your solution is better option :).

Ok since I dnt have nokia CDMA phn for now then I think I should try sprint prl trick. Where can I find sprint prl??

Thanks

:previous: which handset you are using as of now, with your existing RUIM

Find a nokia set dont be tempted to play with prl's - thats my suggestion ot get LG set and read it via QPST or CDMA wksp 2.7

These Web world people are wierd. They think that they are very smart but they dnt even know the meaning of min number. The problem now is that my address is wrong in their database and they practically can't do anything about it. However, they were quick to suggest that If I change my plan to postpaid, then they can change the address. Firstly I need to change my address and then only I'll be able to change my handset. what a piece of sh**

Ok got my number transferred. feeded MDN and min number. now the problem is that I cannot make/recieve calls. The phone rings ok, but disconnects as soon as I pick up the phone. Please help

even u can read it from ur existing phone if u have modem drivers for phone & data cable

once driver loaded connect it to computer via qpst or cdma ws 2.7 & u can get the min no

I did that and my number is transferred. but I cannot make calls now. Please help

One more thing, I msgd odr meid and odm mdn from my cell and both returned error. Also, messages are working fine. I can send and receive sms normally

Edited by ReshadatAli

can somebody please help. I cannot use my number. It displays call lost after few seconds. Tried different OS, did a battery pull. But nothing happened. What should I do? Alo, I can do *225 and *226 normally. This indicates that it may be a NANM/PRL issue. I used HSD prl. I cannot change PRL on windows 7 as QXDM 2.08 does not run on windows 7 and I don't have access to windows XP right now.

Edited by ReshadatAli