Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kkdeep

Need 2 Minute Power Backup For A Led Clock

I have a LED clock that i bought from USA. it works on 110V AC. It keeps time even when the power goes off. Unfortunately the person who brought it plugged it into India power supply without a step down transformer and something went wrong. Now the clock works but as soon the power goes off the time is reset. My apartment complex has a power backup but the backup needs couple of minutes to kick in. I can buy a UPS and run the clock from it but it will a overkill for a clock. I just need something which can give backup to this clock. Any ideas would be appreciated.

-TIA

Kuldeep

^^ A UPS or an new clock

may be u can use a delhi made DC to AC converter - its cheaper few 100 than inverter

Edited by Genius

Clock being reset shown a malfunction in the battery backup cricuit. This should not be too difficult to diagnose and fix.

Generally plugging a US device into Asian voltage (without step-down transformer) damages the device itself. You are lucky, your clock is still working.

The clock must be having a backup battery inside which keeps it ticking inside when display power is off. That backup battery at least have been damaged, if not some more power-section parts have been damaged.

Get the backup battery replaced, I think that will solve your issue.

Thanks everybody for replies.

That backup battery at least have been damaged, if not some more power-section parts have been damaged.

Get the backup battery replaced, I think that will solve your issue.

The clock needs a 9V external backup battery and i tried using a new one and it does not work. So as you rightly said some power circuit is damaged. I need to find somebody who can repair it.

>>Clock being reset shown a malfunction in the battery backup cricuit. This should not be too difficult to diagnose and fix

I have no idea who can do it

>> may be u can use a delhi made DC to AC converter - its cheaper few 100 than inverter

Please give me a bit more details on this, From where Can i buy this and all.

BTW following is the clock-radio i am talking about.

Homedics Soundspa

Edited by kkdeep

^^ if thats the clock radio go for new one as every thing else is expensive and time taking..