Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ssk the gr8

Activating Voice Mail on BSNL

I tried bsnl cc, 5 times. got 5 different answers.

If anybody knows how to activate bsnl voicemail service on postpaid gsm , please help me out

I just copied the following contents from http://broadbandforum.in/bsnl-mobile/61154-voice-mail-ums

This may work for you, try it.

There are two services

1. BSNL Voice mail system-Free to use but will be charged normal call charges to retrieve voice messages

2. BSNL UMS System (Unified Messaging System)-Includes, Voice Mail, Fax, Email service (yourbsnlnumber@bsnlums.com) Rs. 75/month(???) subscription charges

Ok now lets come to how to activate and use BSNL Voicemail or BSNL UMS System.

Activate BSNL CellOne Voice Mail system- Send sms ACT VMS to 53733 and wait for activation confirmation message. After activation you have to dial 17000 to configure your voice mail box (Greeting, Password etc). (If you dail 17000 with out VMS activation you will be prompted to enter your UMS mailbox number which is what you are facing now)

After setting up your Voicemail box. You have to go to call divert and Set-If Busy divert to +9117000, If not answered divert to +9117000, If out of reach divert to +9117000 etc. (BSNL guys say it will only work for if busy-Just ignore them)

************************************************** ************************************************** ***************

Activate BSNL CellOne UMS (Unified Messaging System)- Send sms ACT UMS to 53733 and wait for confirmation message. After activation Rs.75(???) will be deducted from your balance as first months fee. After activation you have to dial 17000 to configure your voice mail box (Greeting, 4 digit Password, FAX and EMail Settings etc). You have to send sms DACT UMS to 53733 to deactivate this service.

After setting up your Voicemail box. You have to go to call divert and Set-If Busy divert to +9117000, If not answered divert to +9117000, If out of reach divert to +9117000 etc. (BSNL guys say it will only work for if busy-Just ignore them)

Now you can go to www.bsnlums.com and log on with your phone number and 4 digit password (which you set after dialing 17000) to check your Voice messages/Fax/Email online.

One exiting feature of having UMS is you have an email address with YourBSNLmobilenumber@bsnlums.com to send and receive emails (Example9440000123@bsnlums.com) or what ever your bsnl cell number.

You may face weired issue after activaiton. Your call will not get diverted to the Voicemail number (+9117000). The caller gets message that the call is being forwarded and the call gets disconnected. In this case get hold of your circle BSNL Cellone DE (Divisional Engineer) and request them to fix the issue. If you call 1503 those CC does not know what your problem is and you will simply waste time.

Good luck with your Voice Mail/UMS features.

@SSK - did you try making call to BSNL Voice Mail # 17000 to set up your own voice mailbox..

@gurugopal

i had already found this. This is for prepaid and does not work for post paid.

@aalok

I did, on calling 17000 it says, "you are not subscribed to voice mail"

why does bsnl have to make it so difficult always!

^ check this out.. may be this can be of any help.. :)

already checked it out, no use