Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
::: VA :::

HTC EVO (3D & 4G) Black screen of Death?

I didnt find anyone mentioning here being victim of this. but on most other forums there are plenty who have encountered this

specially on evo 3d and few on evo 4g.

the screen turns dark but touch remains working as well as the touch buttons. reset, restart, nothing seems to bring it back to life.

BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH (popularly known)

so finally i even ordered a brand new screen+display from etradesupply.com and even after replacing it remains the same.

any tips or guidance is highly appreciated as the phone has become useless. cant enable to debugging too to do other tweaks or updates.

Its ROM/Kernel issue if the phone is rooted. If the phone isnt rooted, root and install a custom ROM preferably AOSP/CM/AOKP the base being lighter, phone can perform better.

Its ROM/Kernel issue if the phone is rooted. If the phone isnt rooted, root and install a custom ROM preferably AOSP/CM/AOKP the base being lighter, phone can perform better.

I can't see anything on the screen to unlock bootloader first. To be able to boot into fast boot and other steps.:(:wacko:

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

its hardware fault bro. just sent me pcb photo i will guide u light section.

its hardware fault bro. just sent me pcb photo i will guide u light section.

post-2507-136446842299_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem... Update to the latest software... Solved it...

Sold my phone with factory reset and the problem recropped.... Updated it back and all is fine..

The black screen seems to come back and off intermittently (before the update) and nothing but luck switched it on... Sometimes took much time fiddling with the screen but there was no sureshot cure.

After first update seemed to cure it to a respectable degree. But the final the latest does it all. Update it.

I didnt find anyone mentioning here being victim of this. but on most other forums there are plenty who have encountered this

specially on evo 3d and few on evo 4g.

the screen turns dark but touch remains working as well as the touch buttons. reset, restart, nothing seems to bring it back to life.

BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH (popularly known)

so finally i even ordered a brand new screen+display from etradesupply.com and even after replacing it remains the same.

any tips or guidance is highly appreciated as the phone has become useless. cant enable to debugging too to do other tweaks or updates.

I have one EVO 4g with same issue,

screen is fine, even touch, only nothing comes on the screen,

few month back sumit got repaired same issue on evo3d, its was some Ic giving power to backlit for LCD

I think same issue with you.

I tried whichever best repair guys I found here. They were mostly hell bent on replacing screen and as usual we don't have the screen as its imported handset . I am sure in metro cities there might be actually capable guys to repair ic, etc.

But who is taking the responsibility.