Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
thaneCurry

Can a TATA indicom Walky connection be ported?

I have a TATA indicom Walky with 10-digit mobile number. Like any other device, this has worn out after many years (of abandonment).

Is it possible to port my mobile-like number to some other network? If not, is it possible to port it to some other device within the same network? How to do it?

From the page http://www.tatateleservices.com/customer-service.aspx, none of the numbers except 9243012345 worked. They answered the call and said "It's GSM department. Please call 12524 for CDMA-related queries." But the battery is down.

I'm located in a small town (Sringeri) in Karnataka. There's no customer care center nearby. All retailers have dropped dealing TATA telecom businesses here.

I experienced the same issue but with reliance FWP. and also looking for the solution either transferring this number to new FCT device or sim, but i don't want to loose my number, lets see if anyone will help us.

I have a TATA indicom Walky with 10-digit mobile number. Like any other device, this has worn out after many years (of abandonment).

Is it possible to port my mobile-like number to some other network? If not, is it possible to port it to some other device within the same network? How to do it?

From the page http://www.tatateleservices.com/customer-service.aspx, none of the numbers except 9243012345 worked. They answered the call and said "It's GSM department. Please call 12524 for CDMA-related queries." But the battery is down.

I'm located in a small town (Sringeri) in Karnataka. There's no customer care center nearby. All retailers have dropped dealing TATA telecom businesses here.

If your device supports sms option then try to send sms "PORT to 1900 and see if you recieve porting code. If your device battery is down and not charging then pl use powerbank with suitable data cable.

Sent from my Motorola Moto E 2015 using Tapatalk

If your device supports sms option then try to send sms "PORT to 1900 and see if you recieve porting code. If your device battery is down and not charging then pl use powerbank with suitable data cable.

Sent from my Motorola Moto E 2015 using Tapatalk

No, mate. I've tried it years ago. They used to reply with something like "Your phone does not support MNP." or something like that. Now it doesn't allow to send any SMS at all (perhaps because of the low balance in the account).

MNP - MOBILE number portability

So MNP is not for FWP's as they're technically LANDLINES whether they're 8 or 10 digits

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

MNP - MOBILE number portability

So MNP is not for FWP's as they're technically LANDLINES whether they're 8 or 10 digits

AFAIK, technically it's a mobile connection, with only 'landline interface' - since it uses CDMA technology (and uses MEID or ESN for authentication).

Edited by thaneCurry

^^^ Correct. So even data cards can be ported, right?

^^^ Correct. So even data cards can be ported, right?

I don't know. But the policies and the Terms and Conditions that the companies levy can be a bottle-neck to the possibility of porting.