Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
capnbuzz

Rconnect With Palmtops

hi

I have been told by cust care that R connect has been disabled for use with palmtops except kyocera 7135.

i am using palm m500 with lg2030 and I cant dial #777. if I comand atd#777 it dials #7770 ie there is a leading zero in any number that i dial.

Does any body konw how i can get around this problem.

thanks

abhijit

hi

please note that no s/w is required on palmtops. connectivity is a OS feature.

thx

well, i meant that weather u are using palmtop sync option or regular-dialup or r-connect software by reliance...

please clarify...

I am sorry to have asked this question on this forum I will try some some intl forums where people have more knowledge.

SORRY !!!!!!

I am sorry to have asked this question on this forum I will try some some intl forums where people have more knowledge.

SORRY !!!!!!

well, if u cant frame a proper question how do u suppose to get a good correct answer??

we are not all telepaths' here u know... :P

Hey Static

Is it possible to use USb to Serial drivers on Palm or windows based operating system on hand helds?

If yes, is it possible to use UNICDMA software on palm based on Windows based operating systems

The reson I am askin this is quite obvious I hope ;)

:D:):):)

Yes what you say is absolutely possible, using USB to serial drivers is possible on Windows CE.. and frankly I dont know weather Symbian o/s supports it...

and as for UniCDMA it may or may not work ... it entirely depends on the phone and the manufacturer...

cauz all the other phone o/s'es (not windows/symbian) are hardcoded in assembly...

so cant really say for sure that it *will* or it *wont* work but i guess is that it shuld work

Win CE ..Pocket PC 2002 or 2003 are totally different platforms..

@ staticelectricity..

How does a prolific or FTDI chip (These are the common USB to serial Converters ) driver work on these platforms..? I have WINCE ..Pocket PC and symbian phone..I never saw any of these chip makers write the drivers developed using any of these OS SDK's..for a Serial port emulation there are many factors like RTS.. DTR..RX.. TX..so from a WINCE or PPC emulating a Com is hard coz the OS should give a port number like com4 or5

But if you see any info on any other chips as well just post ..I can get the chip and try ...

By the way i have PPC 2003 and 2002 SDK so if anyone got any info on the Prolific or FTDI pls share may be we can find a solution

http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/Products.asp?ID=59

http://www.ftdichip.com

WBR

Surej

hmmm... want to emulate a RS232 serial... from a USB .....

well, mobile->PC emulation is quite simple ..u just need to convert a USB to RS230 and then use a RS232 driver at the PC... but i why do u want to first use USB and then convert to rs232 and such stuff... why not just connect it directly using usb??

Yes what you say is absolutely possible, using USB to serial drivers is possible on Windows CE
I am telling about this statement from you...how would you use a USB to serial driver in WinCE..?

I know i can use USB to directly communicate to a mobile with USB support and I know how the USB to serial communication works in a PC and using it every day for programming Siemens ..Panasonic etc..The topic here was

Hey Static

Is it possible to use USb to Serial drivers on Palm or windows based operating system on hand helds?

If yes, is it possible to use UNICDMA software on palm based on Windows based operating systems

and you have replied that it's possible for USB to serial driver to work in WINCE ..I just want to know how you made a WINCE based sytem to communicate to a mobile using UNICDMA..and basically how you insatlled the UNICDMA in WINCE or PPC...I just want to know what I am missing..

WBR

Surej

:P sorry, i misunderstood quite a bit...

i thought that you need UNICDMA to READ a Phone That is based on Win CE or Symbian o/s.

Well, then I really don't think that UniCDMA can be installed on a Phone.

cauz it's not written for Win CE/Symbian o/s.

and such systems need specially written software...try searching the net..u might get a s/w which can be installed on a Win CE Platform.

but yes u can use USB -> Serial Drivers on Win CE...

u will need to install theses drivers.. try using EdgePort drivers...

you might also want to check out these links..

www.pc-counselor.com/u2s.htm

www.pc-counselor.com/e740.htm

Edited by StaticElectricity

yeah there are not much softwares written for mobiles on WINCE or PPC...and for the USB to serial conversion you need special hardware and with external power as there is no built in host controller even in the latest Fujitsu Pocket loox 610.. to make it function I use type 2 CF jacket for port expansion..as for software i use mphone which supports almost all GSM phones..and got a good built in dialer too..

WBR

Surej