Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rashid C.M

R Connect Speed Varries In 115 And 230 Kbps Port Speeds

i am using nokia 2112 mobile for rconnect internet. the installation of data cable and modem were successful. rconnect software set the modem port speed by default as 115 kbps. i connected internet with this settings. and i got the download speed only upto 8 kbps for a particular file. after two days i just changed the port speed from 115 to 230 kbps. and i got the download speed upto 16 kbps when i connected. and i tried to increase the port speed again sothat i get more speed. but in device manage-modem options i can see the speed limit is upto only 230 kbps. i then goto network and dialup connections and click the modem properties and clciked configure modem. there i can see port speed limit upto 960 kbps. i selected 460 kbps and tried to connect again. but the rconnect dialer reported ann error that "there was a hardware failure in the modem." is there any idea for anyone for the following things---

1) can i change the port speed for my 'Nokia CDMA 1xRTT 3G Packet Data Modem' upto 460 kbps in device manager?

2) in nokia and lg mobile phones, which inbuilt modem can give faster download speed? (i am asking this doubt because my friend gets download speed upto 30 kbps from his LG LSI 110 phone which have same internet plan as me. also he set his modem port speed to only 115 kbps!!!!)

3) lg phone have 4 range bars in it and nokia phone have 6 range bars in it. what is the difference between this bar numbers?