Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
liquidnitrogen

Can Receive/make Phone Calls While Connected To Net

Whilst surfing yesterday with Rconnect i was able to receive a phone call and at the same time could dial to my friend. The phone didn't get disconnected as i could send and receive at the same time.

If i remember correctly this never was possible before? Can anyone also confirm me please? I am using 6255 with bluetooth dongle.

Whilst surfing yesterday with Rconnect i was able to receive a phone call and at the same time could dial to my friend. The phone didn't get disconnected as i could send and receive at the same time.

If i remember correctly this never was possible before? Can anyone also confirm me please? I am using 6255 with bluetooth dongle.

Hi Dude!

I am using this service since couple of years. Its not new. You can recieve SMS and CALLS, even while surfing net on LAPTOP/PC. The GPRS/CDMA packets come mixed-up to phone but very smartly seperated by your Handsrt/Datacard and sent in different places (SMS/VOICE/INTERNET) in your phone . The actual explanation is more lengthy and for me it may be difficult to explain here in forum. There are other EXPERTS in this forrum who can help us understand on request! Seems you did used Dialup Internet since many years! B) Dude its digital world now! Lets Enjoy!

C. Mahendra

Edited by cmahendra

earlier i was using rconnect with a handset and now i have a data card, of course i am able to send or recevive the sms while on rconnect, but never able to make or receive any call except on dormancy mode. i think it is not possible while rconnect i active

Right amitstg,

It is possible to make or receive calls only while in dormat mode...while in GPRS (i.e.GSM), voice calls are possible all throughout.

It is because CDMA uses same channel for both voice as well as data while GSM uses separate channels for voice & data.