Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anoop_ds

Worried Users Of Nokia 6265

I have been using Nokia 6265 for a month.

But really not what I was expecting for 8 months!!!

1) First and most important- Our Good old WAP is not working for weeks. :tongue:

2) Poor battery performance by a mobile in the near future. (Daily by 4 O' clock battery is exhausted)

3) On pressing the call key, it is only displaying the dialed numbers not showing received numbers and missed calls. It should also show the number of calls you made to that particular number (poor software design)

4) On changing the theme, Profile setting automatically changes. This is a serious bug in 6265.

5) In R-world, you cannot download the old phone book, which was uploaded from your old phone. This phone doesn’t support Phonebook download

6) Some features are missing in R-World (like Surf, Icons etc.)

7) USB Cable is not provided with the Phone- You have to buy a new one for about Rs.300/- (Cable CA-53)

8) Poor ear piece volume. If you are in heavy traffic, you can hardly hear any sound

9) Bluetooth feature - Browse other mobiles - is not available. This feature is available in Samsung GSM mobiles with same cost.

10) Media Player - You can't FF or Rew :Contento:

11) User friendliness while sending a single message to multiple people is poor. Actually when you try this you will definitely feel the difficulty in sending. Or you may drop the idea of sending even a SMS :biggrin:

12) SMS Storage - you can only store 50 (approx) SMSs in your Nokia6265

13) Menu -> Settings -> Network feature setting -> ??? it is asking for a Feature Code – Nobody knows what is this feature code. (both RIM CC and Nokia CC)

If I had a choice, I will definitely sell this mobile and go for “vx 6600” as kshah told.

Thanks

Anoop

You will find flaws in that phone too. what will you do then?Sell that and buy another one?

By the way, have you though about this,

Who will give the aftersales service for that phone(vx 6600)? Kshah is in Ahmedabad, if you stay there fine, otherwise for any coomplaint/ problem you will have to go/ courier your phone to ahmedabad.

And your musings about R world. I hope you know there will be no R world in your 6600.

And who says you will have free WAP on vx6600? You can surf net but that will be netconnect charged at the rates you must be knowing.

I have 103 messages on my phone right now. Maybe you are saving all outgoing messages which is restricting your inbox capacity.

And why do you want the network code? Is it a grudge that you dont have something that you dont know what to do with?

Some of the problems highlited by you are genuine but you will find such things in every phone.

If I had a choice, I will definitely sell this mobile and go for “vx 6600” as kshah told.

So who is restricting your choice. Go ahead and test it and give all of us your valuable feedback.

I am concerned with

2) Poor battery performance by a mobile in the near future. (Daily by 4 O' clock battery is exhausted)
8) Poor ear piece volume. If you are in heavy traffic, you can hardly hear any sound

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

You will find flaws in that phone too. what will you do then?Sell that and buy another one?

Who will give the aftersales service for that phone(vx 6600)? Kshah is in Ahmedabad, if you stay there fine, otherwise for any coomplaint/ problem you will have to go/ courier your phone to ahmedabad.

And your musings about R world. I hope you know there will be no R world in your 6600.

And who says you will have free WAP on vx6600? You can surf net but that will be netconnect charged at the rates you must be knowing.

I have 103 messages on my phone right now. Maybe you are saving all outgoing messages which is restricting your inbox capacity.

And why do you want the network code? Is it a grudge that you dont have something that you dont know what to do with?

Some of the problems highlited by you are genuine but you will find such things in every phone.

So who is restricting your choice. Go ahead and test it and give all of us your valuable feedback.

@ tanveer

Hey tanveer, what happened to 6265 PRI file. I can try enabling WAP on 6600 with 6265 PRI. Then u can not say 6600 does not have WAP :Contento::Contento:

You seems to be in love with your phone. Anyway. Anoop just mentioned his frustration. Agreed no phone or gadget for that matter is perfect. Also most perfect device can not satisfy all.

Anoop did not clarified why he uses R world. But with full fledged browsing there are almost all options are open you can browse any thing. There can be RSS feed too and above all R connect is much much cheaper than R world.

He need network code to may be call forward etc.

@ anoop

Battery performance of any phone could be bad for few days if network has problem. I have seen such erratic behavour in all my phones some times.

Features of all phones varies. SOme times service providers specifically block features (its practically more applicable to CDMA operators every where)

are PRI chod dost yahan Hard disk hi ud gayi hai!

Lost gigs of data diego amongst them. PM me the link to Diego and I will email the PRI.

I agree to certain points raised by you all guys, however have no issues as I never expected out of boundaries keeping in mind CDMA and Reliance.

I would certainly take side of Reliance as We all are running away from the fact that we are here because of The Network and Tariffs of Reliance.

I dont use WAP, maybe because If I have enough time to write on this website then I should definetly have enough time to surf on the same machine and not on 320 X 240 screen.

About Themes, I agree settings change, so the solution is dont change your Themes frequently.

I am satisfactory results from the phone, would have loved if It was S60, but thats not a reason to be disappointed as I already its S40 phone.

Yes I too agree, we (CDMA users) have limited selection over the phone compared to GSM users. But It is true that Nokia 6265 failed in meeting my expectation. And I was thinking of vx6600 because as of my knowledge this can serve my needs (of-course not fully sure now as I have already burned my fingers.)

Yes, agreed, but when you go for an upgraded mobile you will surely expect features that where present in your cheaper old one. I was trying to point out that.

Anoop did not clarified why he uses R world. But with full fledged browsing there are almost all options are open you can browse any thing. There can be RSS feed too and above all R connect is much much cheaper than R world.
I was using R-world for "Find A Friend", Surf , Phone-Book Upload and Download and lot more which were present in my previous mobile LG 6230

Don't tell me this tanveer :biggrin:

Now I have

Inbox : 13

Outbox : 0

Sent items : 16

Archive : 6

My Folders : 48

message in my mobile and it says there is no space for new SMS. (I have a 1GB SD Card in my mobile). Do you really think this is suffient for a high end phone like Nokia 6265.

And why do you want the network code? Is it a grudge that you don't have something that you don't know what to do with?
I need network feature code for using network features. (Call waiting, call forwarding ..). I know we can set these by dialing some code numbers. But I bought this mobile to use it's features. If I had the liberty to use the same feature in my earlier set, why not now??

and Kshah. I don't think poor battery performance is due to network problems. (If it is a network problem then Reliance or Nokia should correct it , right?).

Thanks

Anoop

I am concerned with

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

You can find lot of comments on battery performance and ear-piece volume in Nokia 6265's main thread.

Thanks

Anoop

No Support site fot Nokia 6265. Check Nokia Support

or see the attached image. Nokia 6265 is not listed there. :confused:

Really confused what is wrong with this mobile. Neither Reliance nor Nokia knows much about this mobile. (I mean technically) or they are hiding them selves for unknown reasons.

check this site : Reliance - Nokia 6265. There Reliance clearly mentions it has web browsing facility.

and MMS, I send and MMS from my mobile to my e-mail address and I received that after a week. :lol:

after that I send an MMS to AirTel mobile and still it is flying somewhere in the sky (it is flying for two weeks).

Thanks

Anoop

post-13097-1159092747_thumb.jpg

after that I send an MMS to AirTel mobile and still it is flying somewhere in the sky (it is flying for two weeks).

When did reliance start MMS to other providers?

Now dont tell me that you could do it with your 6230.

And i can post the screenshot of my phone with the number of messages if that makes you believe.

And i can post the screenshot of my phone with the number of messages if that makes you believe.

I too agree that we can store around 100 SMS in Nokia6265, but my point is "Do you really think this is sufficient for a high end phone like Nokia 6265" ?? Nokia should have provided a facility to store SMS in mini SD card. This feature is lacking and this is why I am telling Nokia 6265 comes with poor software.

Somebody should comment on the support Nokia is providing for 6265

Thanks

Anoop

1. Blame Reliance and not Nokia.

2. I do not have 6265 so cant comment.

3. Maybe. But that is how most Nokia phones are designed.

4. Same as 2.

5. Same as 1.

6. Same as 1.

7. You can get it for as little as Rs 100/- (DKU2 works as fine).

And MMS to other operators has never worked in Reliance - in fact Reliance never offered the service.

But still, some of your points are valid - like network code, Media player shortcomings etc.

My bluethoot headset is not working in 6265 whereas it is working fine with other models and even in other 6265,my head is getting paired but voice is not getting transmited to head set, any body can solve my problem?

I too agree that we can store around 100 SMS in Nokia6265, but my point is "Do you really think this is sufficient for a high end phone like Nokia 6265" ?? Nokia should have provided a facility to store SMS in mini SD card. This feature is lacking and this is why I am telling Nokia 6265 comes with poor software.

Somebody should comment on the support Nokia is providing for 6265

Thanks

Anoop

The RUIM cards issued by Reliance are of 3 types -

the lowest has 100 contacts memory and 8 SMSs storage.

the next has 150 contacts and 10 SMSs storage.

the highest capacity RUIM has 250 contacts and 30 SMSs storage.

If your RUIM is the smallest capacity, you can go to the WW and change it to the highest capacity RUIM by paying Rs. 200. You will have to check at the WW for availability of highest capacity RUIMs.

@anoop_ds

And yes, the Nokia 6265 does have very, very limited SMS storage capacity (as compared to the features and price paid by us), which has been done purposely by both CDMA operators in India. ADA alone knows the reason for this. There is no way in which we can increase the SMS storage capacity unless Rel and Tata agree to increase the storage capacity. In the same way, even the message length is restricted to 160 characters. In any case, if more length SMS is allowed, the CDMA operators only would rake in the moolah. Considering that the SMS rates are the highest for Reliance only in India. We must give credit to ADA for making this happen - he has thought highest and thought best for SMS charges for Reliance. hee hee hee.

Both Nokia and Reliance CC do not want to help out on the technicalities of the 6265 and surprisingly, nokia.co.in does not supprt 6265 at all and when I wrote to them, they expressed their regrets and told me to visit their asia pacific site for any assistance on 6265. Both Nokia and Reliance and also TATA have taken us to be fools and sold the handsets at exorbitant prices as compared to the features it now supports. The WAP feature will not be activated for a very long time as Reliance does not know how to keep Rworld access free and yet charge for other WAP sites. Rworld is a WAP site as you all already know by now. Hence the delay is technical and there is no way out as of now. If WAP is made chargeable, then the very first screen of Rworld (the menu) also will be chargeable - which will not be liked by anyone. This is my understanding after prolonged discussions with CC, I may be wrong in my assessment on WAP.

Thanks.

Hi Anoop,

I know you are really disappointed with 6265. Would just like to help you with Call forwarding and Call Waiting, Well I think this phone is the easiest to enable call forwarding and waiting.

If you know the procedure then n fine else here are the steps.

1. Go to Relaince Menu in the phone (Last option)

2. Select Call Forward option

3. Select the type of Call forwarding you want, If you want all calls to be forwarded, than select "Immediate"

4. Select Enable

5. Enter the number where you want to forward the calls with the STD code.

6. Select Default code

7. It will ask "Allow UIM card to call?" Select "Yes"

After this a call will be made and listen to the message, your call forwarding will be activated. To deactivate just select Disable all and all the forwards will be disabled.

I undrstand after paying so much money we are not getting all features like gsm phones.Its nokia & the rliance oth responsibe.However i am not regretting as nokia is teh best when it comes to convnience.They make phones with brains which lg &samsung dont have actually.So we have to live with some issues in all handsets.

Another one is very disappionting to me is: Think someone has 3 phones, two of them is mobile and other is landline. You have selected one mobile number as default anaginst his/her name. When you dialed the person it will dila to the default no. After dialing the no you found it is switched off. Now if you want to dial his/her second mobile no you have to press down nevigation key->search the name->select by down nevigation key->details->select the second mobile no by down/up nevigation key->call. If you found that the second mobile is also switched off you have to follow same long process to try his/her landline no.

But by default if you selected his/her landline no, you have to do nothing just press call->details-select the second mobile/landline no by down/up nevigation key->call.

Is there any shortcut way to dial anyone's others nos?

Another one is very disappionting to me is: Think someone has 3 phones, two of them is mobile and other is landline. You have selected one mobile number as default anaginst his/her name. When you dialed the person it will dila to the default no. After dialing the no you found it is switched off. Now if you want to dial his/her second mobile no you have to press down nevigation key->search the name->select by down nevigation key->details->select the second mobile no by down/up nevigation key->call. If you found that the second mobile is also switched off you have to follow same long process to try his/her landline no.

But by default if you selected his/her landline no, you have to do nothing just press call->details-select the second mobile/landline no by down/up nevigation key->call.

Hi, If I have understood your issue accurately then, there is a solution. Example you have 2 numbers under the same name, Maybe one Mobile which is Default and another is Landline. While Dialling the 1st Number if its switched off and now you want to dial the other number without going into contacts and selecting the number as per the long procedure you described, Just go to your Dialled numbers, by pressing call key, If any contact has more then 1 number then on the center of the screen it will show as Details, Click on Details and will show all numbers saved for that contact select the one you want and dial. But the only glitch is you will atleast once have to dial the other number and only then in the dialled numbers the option of Details will be available. and The same details will stay uptill that number is in the history of Dialled numbers. If you have only 1 number for the contact then it will show as View in the center of the screen. I hope this solves your problem.

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

Hi, If I have understood your issue accurately then, there is a solution. Example you have 2 numbers under the same name, Maybe one Mobile which is Default and another is Landline. While Dialling the 1st Number if its switched off and now you want to dial the other number without going into contacts and selecting the number as per the long procedure you described, Just go to your Dialled numbers, by pressing call key, If any contact has more then 1 number then on the center of the screen it will show as Details, Click on Details and will show all numbers saved for that contact select the one you want and dial. But the only glitch is you will atleast once have to dial the other number and only then in the dialled numbers the option of Details will be available. and The same details will stay uptill that number is in the history of Dialled numbers. If you have only 1 number for the contact then it will show as View in the center of the screen. I hope this solves your problem.

Hi Chirag,

The above is possible only when you have dialled out all the numbers against a contacts name. If you have dialled out only one number, the details will not appear and only view will appear. In this case, LG 5130 and all the latest LG models are far superior. In the dialled calls or recent calls list, you just have to press the right or left key and you get different numbers of a contact and you can diall out any number against the contact.

To take this particular issue further, there is one very crude work-around. This is similar to the 99 speed-dials in a LG handset. In Nokia, if you enter contacts on the RUIM (against each contact - only one number is possible), you can recall these by pressing 1#, 2#, 3# and so on. You will have to remember the stored location number, but again,you can afford to forget as the number will be displayed and on pressing the green call key only, the number will be dialled out. So effectively, you have more than 99 speed-dials on your phone. You have more than 100 or 150 or 250 speed-dials as per your RUIM card size. So enjoy this feature, although its a bit crude. You cannot however set the location, it is by default only. The first number you enter on the RUIM is automatically set to number 1# and so on. If there is any way out, please let me know also. IN EFFECT, your RUIM card becomes a SPEED-DIAL LIST.

Hope the above crude way helps out Nokia 6265 users who are desperately missing LG's Speed Dial feature.

Edited by khs123

Thanks, However I tried using this option but as you rightly mentioned it pulls up the number in sequence you saved it and also doesnt show the name so we dont know whose number it is till we dial it. But still came to know something new that you can pull numbers like this. Thanks. I will try to get some application which resolves this issue, but seems to be difficult as its java phone.

1. Blame Reliance and not Nokia.

2. I do not have 6265 so cant comment.

3. Maybe. But that is how most Nokia phones are designed.

4. Same as 2.

5. Same as 1.

6. Same as 1.

7. You can get it for as little as Rs 100/- (DKU2 works as fine).

1. True.. It is a flaw from Reliance's end. But as an end-user, I'm concerned on not getting WAP on my 6265.

2. Not a bad choice (that not to have 6265 :'( )

3. I have used 6630, 6680 (both are GSM) and there you have latteral scrolling of menus. Means we can access dialed, received and missed numbers on pressing Call key and this is better software design.

5 & 6. Yes I'm confused on this, Is a feature of R-World depends on each mobile or it is set by Reliance for different mobiles. If it is not depended on mobiles, why do they give different feature for different mobiles. Please take a look at this file Handset Tracker - by this we can assume that it is mobile dependent.

7. Lucky.. I never knew that

Thanks

Anoop

Hi Anoop,

I know you are really disappointed with 6265. Would just like to help you with Call forwarding and Call Waiting, Well I think this phone is the easiest to enable call forwarding and waiting.

3. Select the type of Call forwarding you want, If you want all calls to be forwarded, than select "Immediate"

4. Select Enable

6. Select Default code

After this a call will be made and listen to the message, your call forwarding will be activated. To deactivate just select Disable all and all the forwards will be disabled.

Thanks Chirag for your findings. But in my mobile I am getting only 3 items in RUIM Menu. They are

1) Select Area

2) Network Sync

3) Software Ver

Assuming my RUIM is less featured :'(

Chirag... Can you please comment on the support nokia is proving for 6265..

Both Nokia and Reliance CC do not want to help out on the technicalities of the 6265 and surprisingly, nokia.co.in does not supprt 6265 at all and when I wrote to them, they expressed their regrets and told me to visit their asia pacific site for any assistance on 6265. Both Nokia and Reliance and also TATA have taken us to be fools and sold the handsets at exorbitant prices as compared to the features it now supports. The WAP feature will not be activated for a very long time as Reliance does not know how to keep Rworld access free and yet charge for other WAP sites. Rworld is a WAP site as you all already know by now. Hence the delay is technical and there is no way out as of now. If WAP is made chargeable, then the very first screen of Rworld (the menu) also will be chargeable - which will not be liked by anyone. This is my understanding after prolonged discussions with CC, I may be wrong in my assessment on WAP.

Absolutely wonderful findings. A good logic is behind on this. Kudos.. and keep it up Kumaar Shah

Hi Anoop,

4. Select Enable

6. Select Default code

Thanks Chirag for your findings. But in my mobile I am getting only 3 items in RUIM Menu. They are

1) Select Area

2) Network Sync

3) Software Ver

Assuming my RUIM is less featured :SI:

Chirag... Can you please comment on the support nokia is proving for 6265..

As of Now there is No Support for 6265 and what i assume is even if they do provide it in future it will be Lame support. With Basic query and troubleshooting. I am sure This website will be better resource than Nokia/Reliance CC. In Contact center language "I understand your problem, However as of now we dont provide this service. Whenever we will start this service, we will let you know through Relavant Media. Is there anything else I can help you with?" Cant blame the CC guys as they have script in front to read

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

Another Problem----

Think today you have received/dialed total 50 calls. Is there any way to review each call's conversation duration? Previously I have used LG7130 and there I was able to view all of my conversation duration. This 6265 is a smartphone? Think again.

Another Problem----

Think today you have received/dialed total 50 calls. Is there any way to review each call's conversation duration? Previously I have used LG7130 and there I was able to view all of my conversation duration. This 6265 is a smartphone? Think again.

Buddy this feature is not there, in one of the best Brands of the world and so called one of the best CDMA handsets in India. I have put the call summary on and the only duration I get is when i disconnect the call. else Raat gayi baat gayi....

Reliance has old habit of duping customers. First they sold us GTRAN handsets which had no service/ spare facilities in India. Now they did same thing with Nokia 6265.