Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sgiitk

Vista, Dku5 And Prolific

A very large number of DKU5 cables are clones based on the Prolific 2303 Chip. Using them in WinXP was easy as long as you installed the Prolific Driver available from many locations, incl. the Prolific site.

However, according to Prolific site they are not putting out Vista drivers for the chip and state that you contact your cable manufacturer. I do not thing most of us know or can find out as who this 'gumnaam' fellow is!

Any work arounds or solutions?

Try to run the driver setup in Compatibility mode (from its properties). :clap:

Try to run the driver setup in Compatibility mode (from its properties). :clap:

The compatibility mode is for software and not for the hardware/software interface, i.e. the drivers. Also, if this was indeed the case, one would have expected Prolific to say so, and not just sign off with such a strong statement. This hurts their (cable clone) market in a no uncertain manner.

Will try it out nevertheless, even though I think the chances of it working are minimal.

^^ I hv tried the USB cable driver setup in compatibility mode in Vista and it worked for me. Thats why I suggested u. :angry:

^^ I hv tried the USB cable driver setup in compatibility mode in Vista and it worked for me. Thats why I suggested u. ;)

Yes. It did work beautifully. I would never have guessed with all the noise to the contrary from Prolific.

One other thing - can I use 'Connect to the Internet' from the Nokia Suite 6.83.14.1? If so how? Otherwise how do I connect to the net. Will the good old Rconnct work?

Thanks

I'm glad that it worked for u. :)

Yes, the good ol' RConnect will work also in compatibility mode. :grin:

I'm glad that it worked for u. :Riendo:

Yes, the good ol' RConnect will work also in compatibility mode. :grin:

I could not get it to go. It tried, failed as expected (non-Vista) and when I tried reinstalling it it came up with a message stating that the Nokia Modem is already installed. Should I delete it! I aborted here. :Decepcionado:

I feel that bypassing R Connect and just setting up the Nokia 3125 as a modem may be a better idea. Then I can run the Modem through the IE.

I understand that some settings may have to be changed, and (maybe) also the modem formally installed! On another thread I saw some additional startup string may have to be sent.

Can anyone give the sequence of steps required.