Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karma_prisoner

Reliance Netconnect Vs Tata Plug2surf

Which is better in terms of Speed and Cost?

Tata Plug2surf or the Reliance Netconnect

Both of them provide Data Cards for laptops and USB modems (tata has more models)

As i was wanting to know which is better of the two,

i am currently using broadband and the wireless internet is like Dial-up so it is very slow,

so out the 2 providers which is better in terms of SPEED, so that the pain of slow internet will be less

Currently there have been heavy complaints that reliance net speeds have decreased significantly

and i could not find any review or info on Tata

If some is using Tata or have used both, pls update us on their performance and SPEED

I was considering Tata as there is a small USB modem which is as big as a USB thumb drive

Make is easy and convenient for mobility (data cards are ruled out as PCMCIA slots are missing in new laptops)

Edited by Karma_prisoner

Speed and coverage : Reliance

Price: Tata

i have heard that the tata usb-modem is RUIM based and the reliance one is NON-RUIM basd..

now which one is better ?

and which gives better speed ?

I think reliances new data card is RUIM based. Ruim or Non RUIM does not have any impact on speed. RUIM makes it usable as handset too. If you are not looking for roaming all over India (just your city) consider BSNL too. Else reliance or tata are two options.

I've been using Reliance Sierra card since last two years but the speed has always been pathetic, then I moved with tata RUIM based connection and while RUIM doesn't have effect on the speed TATA for me works lot better than Reliance when it comes to net speed.

I suggest you to try both in your area, the speed would fairly depend on how congested or subscribed the network of any service provider is in your city, for some tata may work well while for few Rim may be better.

Edited by Incognito

Using Reliance data card for the last 2 years - getting speeds like 80 - 100 kbps

Reliance / TATA / BSNL data card - speed mainly depends on the distance from tower.

TATA has no unlimited plan, the highest one is Rs 1500 but 5 GB limit

Reliance - Rs.1500 for unlimited

BSNL - Rs. 550 for unlimited - but check for coverage

Just started using TATA plug 2 surf Whiz (USB modem). Will post my experience soon.

Using all three. TATA CDMA, RELIANCE CDMA, Airtel EDGE

TATA CDMA - no unlimited plan, cost is high , speed is same as reliance. Disconnectes after few minutes, but not always.

RELIANCE - cost is high, speed is upto 100 kbps (144 kbps on paper.). Disconnectes after few minutes, most of the time.

AIRTEL EDGE - cheaper (rs15/day unlimited) Speed us 247 kbps with edge enabled phone. Never Disconnects. Stable.

All tested with Download managers on PC. Not talking about one or two sites.

For more details on EDGE read this topic from start to end >> http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10509

Edited by cmahendra

Using Reliance data card for the last 2 years - getting speeds like 80 - 100 kbps

Reliance / TATA / BSNL data card - speed mainly depends on the distance from tower.

TATA has no unlimited plan, the highest one is Rs 1500 but 5 GB limit

Reliance - Rs.1500 for unlimited

BSNL - Rs. 550 for unlimited - but check for coverage

This issue is partially rectified. In Maharastra & Goa circle now its unlimited for Rs.1000/month

source :: http://www.tataindicom.com/t-personal-inte...urf-tariff.aspx

Edited by kesav

TATA CDMA - no unlimited plan, cost is high , speed is same as reliance. Disconnectes after few minutes, but not always.

RELIANCE - cost is high, speed is upto 100 kbps (144 kbps on paper.). Disconnectes after few minutes, most of the time.

AIRTEL EDGE - cheaper (rs15/day unlimited) Speed us 247 kbps with edge enabled phone. Never Disconnects. Stable.

For more details on EDGE read this topic from start to end >> http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10509

That statement about Airtel Edge is completely false and I can authentically state that because I live in silicon valley of India.

This performance could have been a sporadic nature and that too would have been limited to claimant's area alone due to less density of Airtel subscribers.

Edited by kesav

true i have not really seen any reviews where airtel data card better than reliance or tata

That statement about Airtel Edge is completely false and I can authentically state that because I live in silicon valley of India.

This performance could have been a sporadic nature and that too would have been limited to claimant's area alone due to less density of Airtel subscribers.

@kesav

Your ignorance is not your innocense. Please google a bit about the EDGE which can give upto 384 kbits per sec (actual 48 kbyte download) as per its technical specifications (8 timeslots of 48kbits each). So better do some homework before you open your mouth like that. FORUMS are for information and its always better read whole thread before you try to prove someone wrong. I do the same, thats why you will be proved wrong now :Equivocado:

For more information about your information read this source>>> 247kbps by AIRTEL Prepaid (Rs.15 per day for unlimited download) with MOBILE OFFICE with EDGE enabled phones. >> http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.aspx?path=1/106/179

This link will show you how much speed officially Airtel can give you on EDGE Data cards. So take care about your INNOCENSE. LOLZ

Why I posted because I am using. Why you said its FALSE because you are not using it. Airtel is India's best, so dont underestimate it. Getting best EDGE service everywhere in my laptop, i use for presentations of my web-applications. Yes we do control lots of MSSQL Databases hosted in our USA Servers in from same connection while travelling. Trust or not, telling all my routine work experience.

For a cure of your ignorance, can post few more related threads here for details. But better read available information, then use it, and then post something like that. LOLZ (he he he Silicon Valley of india, that was nice joke, Me too here in Mumbai dude and have my own Internet company, so you can guess I may not be bluffing like others.)

Better you argue with Airtel people not me. and yes read this bit old topic too >> http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10509

C mahendra

Mumbai India

Edited by cmahendra

^^^

My dear friends actually C. Mahendra is right at his point. Airtel is providing speeds upto 247 kbps on their EDGE enabled data cards. Actually in EDGE we get 3 times more speeds than GPRS.

And not only Airtel but also VODAFONE too is providing the same speeds of upto 247 kbps with their EDGE enabled data cards which costs nearly Rs.5000/-.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friends actually C. Mahendra is right at his point. Airtel is providing speeds upto 247 kbps on their EDGE enabled data cards. Actually in EDGE we get 3 times more speeds than GPRS.

And not only Airtel but also VODAFONE too is providing the same speeds of upto 247 kbps with their EDGE enabled data cards which costs nearly Rs.5000/-.

Regards.

Thanks honest for confirming. Now one more UPDATE.

Got this excellent speed in Pune Expresshighway From DEHUROAD to KATRAJ GHAT while in car on pune by-pass road. Except few DEADSPOT areas. Airtel EDGE Rocks while roaming too. Edge in Pune is for sure. Will post if good speed is found in more cities. Visiting Belgaum city next week for 2/3 days.

SAD to say, few bad reports about Airtel Data Cards in Bangalore from my technical friends circle. They get similar or slower speed than reliance in Bangalore. Dont have much details. May be some timeslot issues.

C Mahendra

Edited by cmahendra

^^^

@C. Mahendra

My dear friend actually Airtel's Network rocks throughout the Mumbai-Pune Express Highway. No doubt Airtel's Network is quite good throughout the country except some odd locations. Well we at Rimweb are waiting for your comments / experience about Airtel's EDGE throughout the country.

Regards.

^^^

@C. Mahendra

My dear friend actually Airtel's Network rocks throughout the Mumbai-Pune Express Highway. No doubt Airtel's Network is quite good throughout the country except some odd locations. Well we at Rimweb are waiting for your comments / experience about Airtel's EDGE throughout the country.

Regards.

well well ! I dont travel throughout the country :Equivocado: This is just few visits I do frequently to southern part of maharashtra and Belgaum city (mera sasural). Solapur, Bijapur, Dharwad, Hubli, etc are few places I recently go. But sure will take my laptop everywhere i go (coz net-related bizness) and will post the results here and MFC (Motorolafans.com), my regular place. :Decepcionado:

any reviews of airtel data cards in delhi ???

as for reviews in mouthshut site , airtel is worst provider in data cards

any reviews of airtel data cards in delhi ???

as for reviews in mouthshut site , airtel is worst provider in data cards

@hrithik

No one counts MouthShut for choosing the phone Services. MouthShut will never shut the mouth. Lemme tell you one thing. 99% of articles in MouthShut are written by thier own people (staff). The best and only way to judge any services is UNBIASED forums. And yes, there could be some BIASED forums too. So take care. Judge on your own common sense and experience. Its always better to do some homework before doing any argument or debate in Forums. It will keep you updated and will make you more experienced.

But its true Data Cards are not properly working in south india (I personally got some bad reports in Bangalore from friends) but there is no problem in Mumbai and Pune, where I myself am using them and posted the results. I am also using Net at outstanding speed which is stable and I can do most of the work in my laptop with Airtel EDGE Data Card (Black Matchbox type Rs.4999/-). I did not recently tested PCMCIA from reliance.

C MAhendra

Ok mahender , can u tell me howz airtel data cards speed and connectivity in delhi, and what tariff plan u using ???

^^^

Regards.

Got this excellent speed in Pune Expresshighway From DEHUROAD to KATRAJ GHAT while in car on pune by-pass road. Except few DEADSPOT areas. Airtel EDGE Rocks while roaming too. Edge in Pune is for sure. Will post if good speed is found in more cities. Visiting Belgaum city next week for 2/3 days.

SAD to say, few bad reports about Airtel Data Cards in Bangalore from my technical friends circle. They get similar or slower speed than reliance in Bangalore. Dont have much details. May be some timeslot issues.

C Mahendra

You accpet your own mistake because of fear of failure.

I know what you've been barging about so long and so lone could only be sporadic and location dependent.

I request you to resist from posting these kind of information which comes out of your inability to test at many locations.

Forum is for whole India put it here only if you're sure that its applicable for at least more than 10% of India.

Speaking before testing is your trait and never push it over me.

^^^

Regards.

C Mahendra

You accpet your own mistake because of fear of failure.

I know what you've been barging about so long and so lone could only be sporadic and location dependent.

I request you to resist from posting these kind of information which comes out of your inability to test at many locations.

Forum is for whole India put it here only if you're sure that its applicable for at least more than 10% of India.

Speaking before testing is your trait and never push it over me.

@kesav

ok right! I dont want to play with over-reacting words like you. I posted my EDGE test results in Mumbai long time back where I am based, see the topic date in www.motorolafans.com and in this forum too. I provided my test results in additional cities and on nearby highways as an update. Also mentioned some negative results fron bangalore where I got reports from. Now I dont know why you say that "your own mistake because of fear of failure" See first of all, I do not need to care if you believe the test results or not. The information is for all and not personally for you. And yes I dont need to go to rest of India and post my results about the same. I am based in Mumbai, and giving information from my observations only. Only an idiot can expect me to go to Delhi or Guwahati or Zumaritaliyaa to test Airtel's net speed and post here. This is forum visited and shared information by people from all over India, so wait until someone will post results from other parts of India too. I dont understand, why you are making it an issue. People are confirming that EDGE have nearly 3 times speed than CDMA. You believe or dont, fact is fact. And yes, before you say something, I suggest you to take some information about EDGE explained in non-technical terms. If you understand technical definitions Google have that too. If you are not getting similar results we are getting its not our fault. Do some proper study, you may also get it.

I have every right to post my opinions and experience here like you. But I know I did not offend you, but you did. I have not yet taken your negative remarks very seriously. I know life is full of people of every type. Some only talk and do no work. So smile and post if you have any new informatio here to post. I will love to see it. I also request you to not to take this thread off-topic. We are comparing netconnects of different mobile internet isps. I hope you will not overreact again and hope you will move on to new things.

C mahendra

Ok mahender , can u tell me howz airtel data cards speed and connectivity in delhi, and what tariff plan u using ???

I guess you are from Delhi or New Delhi, you did not mention. I am based in Mumbai so cannot give you updates about Airtel EDGE in Delhi. But as per technical specification of EDGE Data cards given by AIRTEL, it is EDGE Class 12 (GPRS Class 10) with 8 timeslots built in and 4 are used at a time for download and 4 for upload. Total 5 timeslots used at a time. See technical information on link below, where they clearly mention you get 247kbps speed from then, while EDGE can actually give 384 kbits if all 8 timeslots are offered for download by Mobile companies. Of course as you are talking about DELHI, it is capital and major city of technical infrastructure, hence I GUESS the EDGE service should be good like in mumbai or even better.

The technical spec of BLACK EDGE DATA card is here >> http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.a...h=1/106/179/304

You will find the TARRIFF plans on the same page or here >> http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.a...h=1/106/179/305

The service is called Mobile Office and you can opt Rs.999 Unlimited plan to avoid huge bills, and voice rentals are inclusive in this plan.

What I suggest you that, go to Airtel Gallery in your local area and ask for DEMO. Sometimes technical guy who roam around have the laptop and helps you with net and mms settings etc. He might be able to show you actual demo. If not, then try to ask for numbers of people or his friends who are using it and just call them to take feedback. It may be good or bad, but dont rely on one persons result, as many people goof up with settings and results may vary where the data cards are used. Signal strength and other issues also affect the results. I dont suggest you to go for service without actually seeing it working.

Hope this helps.

C Mahendra

mumbai

I guess you are from Delhi or New Delhi, you did not mention. I am based in Mumbai so cannot give you updates about Airtel EDGE in Delhi. But as per technical specification of EDGE Data cards given by AIRTEL, it is EDGE Class 12 (GPRS Class 10) with 8 timeslots built in and 4 are used at a time for download and 4 for upload. Total 5 timeslots used at a time. See technical information on link below, where they clearly mention you get 247kbps speed from then, while EDGE can actually give 384 kbits if all 8 timeslots are offered for download by Mobile companies. Of course as you are talking about DELHI, it is capital and major city of technical infrastructure, hence I GUESS the EDGE service should be good like in mumbai or even better.

The technical spec of BLACK EDGE DATA card is here >> http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.a...h=1/106/179/304

You will find the TARRIFF plans on the same page or here >> http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.a...h=1/106/179/305

The service is called Mobile Office and you can opt Rs.999 Unlimited plan to avoid huge bills, and voice rentals are inclusive in this plan.

What I suggest you that, go to Airtel Gallery in your local area and ask for DEMO. Sometimes technical guy who roam around have the laptop and helps you with net and mms settings etc. He might be able to show you actual demo. If not, then try to ask for numbers of people or his friends who are using it and just call them to take feedback. It may be good or bad, but dont rely on one persons result, as many people goof up with settings and results may vary where the data cards are used. Signal strength and other issues also affect the results. I dont suggest you to go for service without actually seeing it working.

Hope this helps.

C Mahendra

mumbai

Hi thanks for ur information , lets not fight on this forum for or against some network , the idea is to get max speed and satisfaction on a network

whatever innf we have lets post it and leave the decision for the member to decide :P

Hi thanks for ur information , lets not fight on this forum for or against some network , the idea is to get max speed and satisfaction on a network

whatever innf we have lets post it and leave the decision for the member to decide :P

Thanks for thanks. We all are here to share information and everyone wins. I tried to explain the different aspects of different technologies I came across as user of at least 12 connections, mobile and landline, though I am not mobile hardware engineer. I even have Garuda FW Prepaid and posted information about it. You will see so many topics started by me in such a short span of time and trying everyone to get into Gentleman discussion for everyones benefit. I myself did not find helping people most often in our lives. You also know RimWeb does not pay us for these lengthy articles we write. My point of view is to Give more than take from internet. I am active and advanced member in www.motorolafans.com where we help people to do hardware Flashes and install amazing Linux softwares. Even there are some people with negative attitude, we dont care.

Some people here also are enganged only in negative things and try to demotalize others. I am sure they did not start even a single proper topic which is helpful to mankind. I hate such attitude. I am not upset with you in any case. I gave you Edge Data card spec and the total number of timeslots Airtel is offering at the moment with this data card. I am using more timeslots with some HARDWARE HACK, but due to negative responses and TOTAL DISBELIEF on this technology I am not going to tell anything about it here now. This Forum is little bit BIASED and does not fall to standards as mentioned in its welcome message. Anyways now about Delhi Edge. I can only give information from only my city and surrounding where I visit How can someone expect me to inform about airtel gprs in Andaman and Nicobar Island? Anyways I wish everyone good luck. May GOD bless these kids by mind (not you :) there are so many of them here). Thanks for your concern.