Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
summermax

Data Cables From Ebay

its a known fact that most local data cables are not working...

i want to know if i buy a data cable from ebay.in

will it work

is it better than other data cables that i can get in 200 rs from delhi........and nearby regions...............

i use lg rd 5340

When I had this handset, I was unable to use any data cable - either serial or USB. Of course both of these were purchased by me from ebay.in. But these cables were working on my 350 R and also on my 6230. Try your luck, it may work for you. If it does not work, there is no replacement from ebay.in.

If money is not a constraint, try to buy from LG ASC. Are you going to use this cable for RConnect or just for PCSync? If it is just for the latter, then try ebay.in, because if you want to use RConnect on a daily basis, then a good cable is required.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. Since then I have done some research and will like to report the following regarding the DKU5:

1. The new Nokia PC Suite does not support DKU5. However, I have managed th run Synchronise with not much trouble. Other things do not work. This was true for both the 3120 (GSM) & 3125 (CDMA). You cannot access Images, Messages, etc.

2. The problem with the 'mandi' cables is in the software. I had a similar experience and ended up returning the cable. The chips used for these are not Nokia standard.

3. You need to get the Nokia drivers (DKU5 for me) as well as the driver for the particular cable adapter chip. Many DKU5 clones use the Prolific 8303 chip. You can search for the Prolific Driver from their site and download it. It is bigger than 500kB so I cannot upload it.

4. Install the Prolific Driver, the Nokia DKU5 driver and the PC Suite.

5. You should be able to now run. One problem is the port assigned to the Prolific based cable. I find it from the Device Manager and then select it in 'Manage Connections'. Note that to run the Net browser you have to disconnect this link.

6. Prolific says that for Vista you contact the cable vendor. However, following advice on another thread I have been able to run the cable and old driver in the compatibility mode with no problem whatsoever.

What appears to be hapening is that fed up with the clones Nokia is withdrawing support for DKU5 (this is for phones which are essentially serial, and is a serial to USB converter) ), DKU2 (USB-USB) etc., and going over to the CAxx types.

Now that I have migrated to Bluetooth I will probably forget all this in a very short while !

In past I bought cable from WW and they charged me Rs. 400for CA-42, which was really good cable with warranty and bill from WW. One should try them rather than spending on cheap after market cables. Prolific cables do wrok but compatibility of Software, driver, cable and handset makes it too complicated. Rather choose cables which is identified as orginal cable (As one I bought from WW, it was identified as CA-42 cable)