Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'nv to ruim'.
Found 1 result
Vinod Nayak posted a topic in Tutorial and Guides99% of people know how to change mode from NV to RUIM using DFS, This is for the rest 1% who don't know. Download DFS and install on PC. Phone Drivers I'm using a LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA model, so illustrating for the said model Know your SPL/MSL code: Dial ##443336772# Shows MSL code near the bottom of the screen, write it or memorize it. Put the phone into DIAG mode: Dial ##3424#, Enter SPC/MSL code and press ok. Select enable and press ok. Your phone is in DIAG mode. Enable Debug in Developer Options of the phone. If you do not have Developer Options under settings simple go to Settings/About Phone/Software Information under this tap on Build Number 10 times continuously and it will enable the Developer Options in your phone. Put the phone in Charge only Now that your phone is connected, Run DFS on PC & Select Ports marked in red. Select LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM16) -> this can be any number, its 16 in my case. Once the above port is selected it should it indicate like shown in pic below marked in red. Double click on LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM16) marked in yellow. If properly connected, it should look like its shown in red in the pic below. Enter your SPC/MSL in the SPC field marked in yellow and then press the SPC button. It should say Device Unlocked in the log window of DFS shown below marked in orange. Now select programming marked in blue and then select read in config marked in red. Select the Ruim Config marked in yellow, change it from NV_ONLY to RUIM_ONLY. Once the mode is changed from NV_ONLY to RUIM_ONLY as shown below marked in red, select write marked in yellow & finally select Reset at top right corner of DFS marked in pink. Your phone should reboot and if your phone is capable of taking a RUIM SIM, all features like voice sms and data should work at this time. I try to make my tutorials as noob friendly as possible, if you still have doubts or confused, don't hesitate to ask.