Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jshah83

How To Start Skype

How to use skype in pocket pc using reliance mobile world.

sorry dear u are a bit late.. reliance has stopped all non proxy services on reliance mobile world since last 15 days or so.. so all ur instant messengers or java based applications like opera will not work any more.. infact not even msn live.. yahoo go is working but u cant download any attachment.. google maps works..

to be able to do that u need to use either r connect or wifi from any other network.

reliance has crippled this servive as many dapo customers were surfing the net using r world..and reliance never wants it customers to enjoy anything.. :grin:

to use skype u must log onto skype using wifi or r connect and then after logging into it u can change the proxy settings in skype and try to use it. i have read this in skype faqs but i still havnt tried it.. after changing the proxy settings u can go back to reliance mobile world and try logging in.

till 15 days back i had used skype and mig 33 for voip and i cud get great quality sound too.. so it worked very well ..but as of now they r not working u can try putting the proxy settings of reliance mobile world like 8080wapinforel..sumthing but i dont know if they do work.

hope sumone can find out the bypass for this stupid move from reliance to cripple its one good service..

good luck..

so we cannot use gtalk, yahoo messenger and skype in our ppc?so we cannot use gtalk, yahoo messenger and skype in our ppc?

you can but not with r world.

So Opera wont work ??? In 6265 opera is working and i can browse all sites throuh opera in my mobile. So in ppc is that not possible ?

everything that is not java and works thru your inbuilt IE will work... so it primarily means all http and wap works

I am able to use Opera and browse all sites still. I do not know about Skype - maybe it is illegal or something, I don't know. I even browse RW most comfortably on my 6265 when I do not get sleep at nights.

But yes, I agree, RCL will not allow its subscribers to enjoy freely. Some day or the other, it will stop free WAP services altogether.