Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manubatham2006

Can Anyone Tell Me Something More About Min Number

Frnds, Can anyone tell me something more detail about min numbers, I did a experiment. I noted down all the setting of nam 1 on my copy (my set is lg 6130 and through code #LGCDMA#*RD6130* ) and nam 2 also. Then i replaced nam 2 min no by nam 1 and voila, i can now receive calls on both nam settings. I am thinking that such a way we can have 2 phone numbers on reliance mobile. Note down the min number of any mobile and fit this number in your nam 2 setting. But i don't have proper resources to do it. Can anyone do this previously, please reply on my mail: manu_batham2006@yahoo.co.in

To switch from one NAM to another NAM you have to reboot phone. It seems now reliance is not checking NAM number from handset. So you can ideally activate two numbers on same handset, but reliance will not as it activate only one number per ESN. Phone is authorised to network with ESN so unless your ESN + MIN pair mathces it can not be used on network. ESN changing is illegal.

My dear friend what you are upto is called Mobile Cloning. Please dont try to do this as its illegal.

As stated by Kshah phone will only work if the ESN and MIN no. matches. You can only change the MIN no. in nam2 but not ESN of the phone so 2 numbers cannot run in same phone.

Frnds, I want two numbers on my mobile to avoid roaming. Your NAM 2 is blocked to get any

number on it (as you can't call *228 also). Just put nam 1 min number on nam 2. Now u have the same number on both the nam's. Now on NAM 2 u will able to call *228. Just buy a GSK (Get started kit) and get a new number on NAM2.

Frnds, I want two numbers on my mobile to avoid roaming. Your NAM 2 is blocked to get any

number on it (as you can't call *228 also). Just put nam 1 min number on nam 2. Now u have the same number on both the nam's. Now on NAM 2 u will able to call *228. Just buy a GSK (Get started kit) and get a new number on NAM2.

Even if you succeed, you would get booked for illegal activity i.e.cloning. It is not difficult for a service provider to catch such clones. And it is even easier to catch in case of cdma becoz the handset is network-locked.

^^^

amtraq is right. a person in our city tried doing that (changing ESN) some time back and he was caught. so dont try to do anything of that sort.

What if i want one number of Reliance on NAM-1 setting and Tata number on Nam-2 setting. Min number for both the numbers will be different but ESN will be same. So ESN+MIN on both the network (RIM and TAta) will be unique in their respective database.

Can we try this? I think it will work... :confuse:

Wot say?

It can be you can aways try. Since tata is accepting ESN from out side.

Hey there is nothing wrong

I suggest you not to waste your time on this

we have so many sim enabled cdma phones

evry of that kind will solve ur issue

only wap wouldnt work in such case

Is reliance defined any definition of legal and illegal activities anywhere, so how can anyone know that what he is going to do his phone or mobile is illegal. Well thanks for the replys, i will never think again to do this, i wanna to do this just to increase my knowledge.

I am from Indiana in the U.S. so laws may be different. I know this is an old post.

I never thought putting the same info on nam1 on nam2 was or is consider cloning.

In the U.S. there is a nam trick you can use to force PCS mode on some phones.

For example. Verizon and sprint. Verizon has a strong location in all put one location in a town. Sprint is strong in one location. Since it uses the same esn for both nam1 and nam2 I do not see that being illegal. After you change SID's to sprint on Nam2. You would set your option to home only. Myself I have no idea if this is illegal.

This is a CDMA network.

good day,

i have ordered an handset - verizon 6900 - the vendor is asking for MIN ID and UIM ID.

I dont` have much knowledge - my instrument is LG RD3500. can you please help me to find these details.

Regards

Rakesh.