Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolrajiv

Airtel Among Global Top 10

Source - Times of India epaper

New Delhi

Sunil Mittal owned Bharti Airtel on Monday became the first Indian telecom company to join the world’s top ten operators, with its customer base crossing the 50-million mark in mobile, broadband and wireline services.

“Our next target is to reach 100 million mark by 2010,” Bharti Airtel President and CEO Manoj Kohli said here.

The 50 million customers span mobile, broadband and fixed telephone services, with wireless segment estimated to be

contributing as much as 96% (47.99 million) of the total base. However, exact figures for the mobile additions in September

would be provided by COAI in a couple of days.

Rubbish claim...

All these companies show off inflated subscriber number...One can get these SIM cards for less than Rs.100 and use and throw...Still they would add that subscriber to their base...

This is why GSM companies are complaining of falling ARPUs cos they keep adding subscribers to their base without accounting for people who have left them. They dont have as many subscribers as they claim, so their revenue gets divided by a large number of inactive customers which leads to a reduced ARPU...

There should be a benchmark of active subscribers who have made calls in the past 1 month from their numbers..Any subscriber who does not make a call for 30 days should be inactive customer as far as the subscriber base goes...

My basic argument is that these companies never account for the subscribers who terminate uising the services of their company...

One never finds such data that in a particular month X number of people bought a new airtel connection and Y number gave up their connections and hence airtel has grown up or down by X-Y subscribers in that month.

All GSM subscriber data are over inflated always. The same applies to CDMA also, but on a very very miniscule scale because of the handset issues.

In India no one seems to be deducting fall outs from network.

I was going thru' bharti's last financial report for Q1. Their monthly churn in prepaid is in the range of 4% of their subscriber base...which means that on a base of 50 million, there would be appx 4%x50 = 2million customers leaving their network...in other words 20 lakhs customers leave them every month!

...just imagine!

This must be true for ever one and do they really deduct those subscribers from list or just keep on adding new? Reason is my old disconnected postpaid numbers were there on reliance directory even after 6 months. Ofcourse I have not checked now, may be they have improved.

well i think the number is there for 6 months or so ... in case of prepaid . . .in case of post paid i dnt knw!