Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PUTTAMREDDY

Reliance Usb Data Card Modem Vs Reliance 350r

Please suggest me Best Among reliance usb modem and reliance 350r.what is the maximum download speed of relaince usb modem? :clap:

• Like 1

I would prefer a data card over a phone for convenience.

@Puttamreddy

My dear friend you will get the maximum speed upto 153 kbps from Reliance USB data card.

Regards.

@Puttamreddy

My dear friend you will get the maximum speed upto 153 kbps from Reliance USB data card.

Regards.

Since very first day the reliance was showing 144 kbps as thier max speed and technical specs of LG and other netconnect models were also mentioning 144 kbps as max speed (Which we never got :lol: till date ) All of a sudden they started advertising the Netconnect speed as 154 kbps for Data Cards and PCMCIA cards in same CDMA2000 version.

Without any major change in technology the speed cannot increase like that all of a sudden. So I think they are bluffing and showing us the high-jump speed experienced while downloading. While downloading there are always a DEAD-SPOTS are seen in download meters where sometimes download stops for fractions of seconds and again in next moment the speed is shown with a high-jump in the meter, but that does not mean it is the actual speed.

post-8527-1192730960_thumb.jpg

See the attached image I uploaded here showing DEAD-SPOT and then a high-jump recorded in the image, which was wrongly shown as almost about 56 Kilobyte (impossible even with Edge) while it was actually downloading at the average speed of 22 kilobyte. What I mean to say, always count and tell only average speed and not the high-jump after the DEAD-SPOTs.

This example image is taken from actual download with Motorola A1200 connected with usb cable to my LAPTOP with PREPAID AIRTEL's Mobile Office plan (Rs.15 unlimited per day) with cool EDGE (EGPRS) speed.

In simple words, whatever Reliance say its technically 144 kbps with CDMA2000 and even this speed is not stable most of the times. Its starts with good speed and then stops responding after few minutes. Only occassionally I got stable speed upto max one hour with my Reliance Netconnect.

Hope this discussion will help some of us to understand the scene. Your results may vary depending on area, phone models and plans, so dont start jumping on me without homework.

C Mahendra

Mumbai

Edited by cmahendra

Just confirmed with RWebWorld, personal visit. In the printed material the speed of DATA CARD is PRINTED as "upto 144 kbps" and on wall they have stuck a POSTER on which they have written 154 KBPS by a MARKER PEN (cancelling 144kbps printed on it), which I think is a FALSE BUSINESS TACTIC. On thier website it still says 144 kbps. I forgot to take Photo. Will visit again and post a PHOTO of web-world with False Claims at RELIANCE WEB WORLD, HAJI ALI, Mumbai. Nearby people can go and check.

IMHO, ITS WRONG BUSINESS TRICK.

CM

Do you all know the topic starter PuttamReddy started 3 topics with same subject on same day and all 3 are floating in first forum page. Should we keep replying in all three threads?

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10752

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10843

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10751 << THIS TOPIC IS SIMILAR TO FIRST TWO SUBJECT USB/SERIAL cable. Only started discussing with Different Instrument using USB and SERIAL cable for Data Access.

Looks like there are no moderators in this forum. Hey please MERGE all three.

^^^

Yes my dear Moderators, if possible please merge the above topics to avoid unconvenience to all members.

Regards.

I have a doubt. A couple of days back whilst downloading a song from esnips.com, I got a whopping 890KB/sec as my download speed - which, infact, continued over 5 seconds. Voila ! I got my 3.0mb song in 5 seconds ..... How is this possible ?

Even generally, download speeds for me start at 70KB/Sec, and settle down around 15-20KB/Sec.

I use a Nokia 2865 over a bluetooth DUN cnxn !

One of my friends has got a TATA USB Modem (Rs.2900). I was a witness to an amazing download speed that he was getting. Consistently high at 150KB/Sec. Equally fast surfing. We checked out the device at his home in Dombivli West - TATA has decent coverage in this area.

I have a doubt. A couple of days back whilst downloading a song from esnips.com, I got a whopping 890KB/sec as my download speed - which, infact, continued over 5 seconds. Voila ! I got my 3.0mb song in 5 seconds ..... How is this possible ?

Even generally, download speeds for me start at 70KB/Sec, and settle down around 15-20KB/Sec.

I use a Nokia 2865 over a bluetooth DUN cnxn !

@Harshad. Currently CDMA does not have any existing or supporting technology that can give more than 144kbps (kilobits) So your mentioned speed (809kbps) is impossible if you are using CDMA connection. If your network is pure and clean in a particular area at a particular time, you may get around 144 to 154kbps, as per reliance. Now how you got 3mb song in 5 seconds is mystery, may be part of it was already downloaded in earlier trials and resumed later. Remeber when you RESUME PAUSED download the starting speed it show like anything, which is wrong average of whole filezise devided by seconds of current session of download. Most of us have such experience.

One more thing, when you start fresh Download, any downloader shows the irregular speed due to the first attempt PING which is sometimes very high or low for some moment, but once the download goes above 10 to 20 seconds, the downloader can effectively start showing the average speed of last few seconds which can be qualified as stable download speed of that particular moment. So you can simply ignore the speed shown in first 10 seconds.

But yes sometimes you are just lucky on ADSL or CABLENET. They cap our size with limited speed but the servers simply goof up at some occassions and we get UNCAPPED spped for quiet some times. It happens sometimes that at ISP end, engineers might be working on main server and for few minutes or even hours the connections shifts on backup DNS/ProxyDNS servers, hence we get very high speed (also called UnCapped) internet. It also happens when the managed switches at ISP end do not work properly and you get UNMANAGED SPEEDS. :help: I remember this happened with me at many times on several occassions. I had DishNet DSL (also called DishNET DTH) connection in 2002/03, the speed I opted was something around 128kbps (highest then) and for first few days I literelly got more than 800 to 900 kbps speed and as I already was used to DU Meter, I noticed the difference very quick. Later I found it was happening very late nights after 12 (midnight) for few hours. That time the DATA TRANSFER was not counted and not charged. I downloaded at least 10 gb in one week. And was on NAPSTER all night. Later after 2/3 weeks it stopped suddenly. In another few times, I got more than 1 mbps speed on MTNL Triband when they just started few years back, but that was completely unpredictable, you never know when it shoots up. Thanks to MTNL enginners. And see, this year they started 2mbps high speed BROADBAND for common people connection too but with DATA TRANSFER LIMIT.

So its all luck. You never know .....SOMETIMES YOU GET HIGH SPEED :confuse: AND MANY A TIMES YOU GET HIGH BILLS :help: Congratulations for getting birth in India :Contento::Riendo:

PS: DISHNET DTH was merged into TATA INDICOM one or two year before the VSNL was merged into TATA.

Edited by cmahendra

I do not understand the technical stuff - and if you say CDMA doesn't support that kinda speed, I got to believe you -- although, I alone am witness to the speed that I got then .... I dunno how .. maybe the Almighty was with me that day[ :confuse: ]

I do not understand the technical stuff - and if you say CDMA doesn't support that kinda speed, I got to believe you -- although, I alone am witness to the speed that I got then .... I dunno how .. maybe the Almighty was with me that day[ :help: ]

@dear harshad :confuse:

please dont believe me. as u r in internet world. you must do your own homework too. just type cdma in google and see what information you get from all over the world. not only this, search CDMA SPEED in this forum. there are more than 100 technicians who have already posted so many technical things about cdma and edge (gprs on gsm) too. all information is in common man language to understand.

as you are new member just a suggestion, always search for information in forum and when you dont get it only then post questions here, to keep forum clean and not cluttered with repeat queries. and yes, u have to keep habit of understanding wrongly composed sentenses and wrongly spelled words :help: too

ain't a new member ..... infact, am elder to you by 3560 members :confuse:

its just that i haven't posted for quite some time now ...... anyways, thanks !

ain't a new member ..... infact, am elder to you by 3560 members :Contento:

its just that i haven't posted for quite some time now ...... anyways, thanks !

I did not see the date when you joined, i just guessed as did not see you before in current threads for long time. welcome back then. and wow 3650 is really a big number, mr. senior :Decepcionado: