Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PUTTAMREDDY

Usb Data Cable Or Serial Cable

which one among usb data cable and serial cable is best for r connect in terms of download speed and best browsing without error :clap:

There won't be much difference since the maximum speed capable by Serial cable is much higher than the maximum speed of NetConnect. So either is fine.

^^^

I 100% agree with Nirvana my dear friends.

Regards.

which one among usb data cable and serial cable is best for r connect in terms of download speed and best browsing without error :Equivocado:

few years before I would have adviced you SERIAL port cable as it never fails with IRQ Conflicts due to IRQ 3 and 4 were permanently assigned to Serial Port COM3 and COM4 which were fixed. I still prefer Serial port for using Internet from Modems or Mobiles used as Modems. Serial COM port speed is 921600 Baud depending on the computers chipset. So it will not be any problem if you want to fetch 900kbits/sec line. Earlier we have been happily running Scanners/Printers/ExternalHDDs on Serial Com Ports and also on Parallel Ports. Due to fixed and preprogrammed channels on Motherboard chipset the conflict and failure was almost none. So still FIVE STARS from me for Serial Cable.

But Now things are changing the speeds can go upwards beyond the limits of Serial Ports so USB is the only way we should select which is ready for near future equipments. But USB ports are based on shared IRQ and Plug-N-Play technology. Different USB ports use same channel hence there is slowdown in transfer sometimes and many a times a conflict in channels or IRQ's. I have three USB ports on my ACER laptop but I cannot connect my USB Cable for reliance netconnect in port no.1 and 2. The third port in the front side takes the Cable and assigned PORT 18 to it, otherwise I get CONFLICT error everytime no matter I try to change the port number manually from control panel. Its sometimes irritating. Many a times USB items does not connect to PC. We need to RESTART our pc. Mostly happens with Mobiles. In serial cable there is no such problem of RESTARTING Pcs. I also got BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH with usb devices failed to load device drivers. So should we say, new technology comes with its own problems too. I will give 4 stars to USB solution. Now the frequency of problems is too less due to licensed XPs and regular update patche. People with pirated OS are still fighting with device driver problems as many critical patches are not updated in pirated os. Go for USB cable if you have HEALTY computer. :confuse:

Why I am telling all above coz I am running an information webpage on serial port / parallel port / USB / Network cables, with more than million visits since Dec 1997 and its still a famous site as I get hundreds of emails each month from that webpage. http://www.geocities.com/vbmcomputers/pinout/

Did I enough confused you? :confuse:

-------------------------

Did I enough confused you? :D

I understood the advantages that you have mentioned

Anyways there was a telling" OLD IS GOLD"

It becomes true if you compete and compare both

I wanna like to say onething

working with LAPTOPs you might have concluded that,

TO my knowledge and with my experience I have seen in many systems(desktop pc 's)

if by any chance their modem has got deleted ,it will get updated by its own and configure the settings on using usb port

But for COM port that wil never happens

This is also one of the case to suggest one usb cable for lsp models for desktop pc's

Also that must be of usb 2.0 available in the pc

other ways of usb problems that were occured and been faced by you might be a special case in laptops

I say that it was observed for around more than 100 systems that I have commissioned with my own hands

And all my customer problems would get automatically resolved for any such modem failur case

--In detail if modem fails to respond ,

using usb type cable a restart of the modem would resolve the issue

But for com port it has to be reinstalled ir configured from control panel

Welcome with more threads sir

Edited by praveen.valluri

thanks praveen for your experienced words.

Do you know the topic starter PuttamReddy started 3 topics with same subject on same day and all 3 are floating in first forum page.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10752

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10843

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10751

Looks like there are no moderators in this forum. Hey please MERGE all three.